Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Next 8 Games Will Define Zac
Tiger

This is a great opportunity for Zac to now lead.
We'll all find out who Zac Taylor is "Truly"in these next eight games. I don't want to hear what legendary coaches have done. Only this coach Mr. Zac Taylor.Btw: You shouldn't loose after a bye having lost to the Jets and a blowout at home against the Browns.Who got blown out a week later by the Pats.
Reply/Quote
Agree with you on this one. How this season gets closed out will tell me all I need to know about Zac. If this team falters, let’s say only 2-3 more wins, then I have 0 faith in ZT to finish what he’s started here. I’m hoping he has this team playing lights out moving forward… he seems like a wise dude, I’m hoping he saved some fireworks for the 2nd half of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 11:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Agree with you on this one. How this season gets closed out will tell me all I need to know about Zac. If this team falters, let’s say only 2-3 more wins, then I have 0 faith in ZT to finish what he’s started here. I’m hoping he has this team playing lights out moving forward… he seems like a wise dude, I’m hoping he saved some fireworks for the 2nd half of the season.

Tiger

You'll also have to factor in the schedule because all of his divisional opponents are at home outside of Cleveland. Wait.. The tie with Detroit by Pittsburgh may be a factor. I can't wait to see how it unfolds and how ...Jessie Bates plays... Yeah it was in slow motion.
Well shit even if don't comment we can find out together.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 12:14 AM)Emeritus Wrote:  Tiger

You'll also have to factor in the schedule because all of his divisional opponents are at home outside of Cleveland. Wait.. The tie with Detroit by Pittsburgh may be a factor. I can't wait to see how it unfolds and how ...Jessie Bates plays... Yeah it was in slow motion.
Well shit even if don't comment we can find out together.

Ya man, having 2/3 remaining division games at home is exciting. It’ll also be interesting as every team we face second half of the year is alive and in the playoff hunt today.
Reply/Quote
Bengals finish 9-8 even 8-9 , doubling their win total from last year especially with one of the toughest divisions top to bottom that will be a real testament what ZT has done with this rebuild and be looking for an extension
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I said last year, this is Taylor's year, and needs to compile 9-10 wins. If he can't win four or five more games, then it's time to thank him for rebuilding the team and get someone else. If he hits 9 wins, then I think he stays.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 08:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bengals finish 9-8 even 8-9 , doubling their win total from last year especially with one of the toughest divisions top to bottom that will be a real testament what ZT has done with this rebuild and be looking for an extension

dont say such horrible things
Reply/Quote
Lots of things are apparently going to define Zac.

Game against Jets

Next 8 games now

Zacs cologne

Zacs hair

Zacs steak preference

Zacs birthday.

So many things will define Zac
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 11:25 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Lots of things are apparently going to define Zac.

Game against Jets

Next 8 games now

Zacs cologne

Zacs hair

Zacs steak preference

Zacs birthday.

...and whether he decides to spell Zac as Zac or Zack or Zach.. or Zachariah..or even Puddintain.. ask me again I'll tell ya the same.. Cool
If I ever have another kid his or her name will be Puddintain.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The moment he praised Eli Apple, the definition of ZT skewed a little.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 12:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The moment he praised Eli Apple, the definition of ZT skewed a little.

That's Eli's real name...PUDDINTAIN! I knew it!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Taylor can go 3-5 or better in the remaining games, I think he stays and I may even be ok with it.
Going 8-9 (or better) after having a 20% win percentage the previous two years combined is a big improvement.

My big concern will be more if there are only 2 wins or less.

There should be at least 3 winnable games on the schedule.
LV
PIT
DEN

Any of the Chargers, 49ers, Chiefs, Ravens, and Browns can also be wins, but I don't have as much confidence in those.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 12:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: That's Eli's real name...PUDDINTAIN! I knew it!

Hey thats what Barney Fife told that old character actor Allan Melvin on the Andy Griffith show. 
Barney was trying to act like he was a big time
Bank robber 
Reply/Quote
Zac is lucky the AFC looks wide open this year. From what I have seen I can see them finishing anywhere between 6-10 and 11-6.

Considering the amount of money we have spent Taylor needs to win 10 games. Three full years is the limit for rebuilding in the NFL.

Looking at the talent we have and the remaining schedule we SHOULD win 10 games.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 11:25 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Lots of things are apparently going to define Zac.

Game against Jets

Next 8 games now

Zacs cologne

Zacs hair

Zacs steak preference

Zacs birthday.

The most defined man in the NFL..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
This team obviously has some major issues going on right now that need to get fixed right away.We’ll see,in the Raiders game,if they resolved any of those issues during the bye week.Going to be very interesting.Hope Zac Taylor can get this team back to playing at their level of talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 12:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Taylor can go 3-5 or better in the remaining games, I think he stays and I may even be ok with it.
Going 8-9 (or better) after having a 20% win percentage the previous two years combined is a big improvement.

My big concern will be more if there are only 2 wins or less.

There should be at least 3 winnable games on the schedule.
LV
PIT
DEN

Any of the Chargers, 49ers, Chiefs, Ravens, and Browns can also be wins, but I don't have as much confidence in those.

How weird would it be if they sweep the Ravens and Steelers, split with the Browns and end up losing to Vegas or Denver, KC, SD and the 49ers.

End up with 9 wins and not in the playoffs but just dominate the division.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Game against Jets

Next 8 games now

Zacs cologne

Zacs hair

Zacs steak preference

Zacs birthday.

Ha, I was going to post something similar.  The Jets game.  The Browns game.  How they come out after the bye week.  The rest of the season.  He needs to see the season through, I think it's obvious at this point given the record and how the started.  But it is comical that every game/milestone is "what's going to define Zac." 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac is lucky the AFC looks wide open this year. From what I have seen I can see them finishing anywhere between 6-10 and 11-6.

Considering the amount of money we have spent Taylor needs to win 10 games. Three full years is the limit for rebuilding in the NFL.

Looking at the talent we have and the remaining schedule we SHOULD win 10 games.

I'm not optimistic after the way the team looked the last two weeks but that shouldn't be lowering our expectations. I think your absolutely right with the talent we have we should get to 10 wins and I think a lot of that is gonna fall on the coaches. We all remember how the last few years with Marvin went and the fact we had 6 wins the last season and that seems to be the bar to beat. But we lost Dalton and Green to get that record. I know the team was struggling before Dalton was hurt but I imagine if he was healthy we would've gotten 2 or maybe 3 more wins. 

I really think 10 wins should be Zac's bar after the start we had to the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac is lucky the AFC looks wide open this year. From what I have seen I can see them finishing anywhere between 6-10 and 11-6.

I agree with the OP and Fred here. We will see how this team responds after the bye and a couple bad losses before it.

We need to win at least 5 more games for Taylor to stick around. The schedule helps for this to happen as we have more Home
games then games on the road. That 3 road game skid hurt us and now we need to turn that on its head and go on a tear.
Reply/Quote