Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Next Coach Should Be...
(10-11-2016, 11:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: Look up Vic Fangio and the timing of him and the rise and fall of the 49'ers defense. Vic Fangio is the guy we should want, not Jim Harbaugh.

Fangio aside, Harbaugh or Lewis?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 11:27 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Fangio aside, Harbaugh or Lewis?

It's not an either or question. In reality, neither is the answer. Plus as it has been stated he won't leave Michigan for here, he'd leave for Luck but that's about it. People will hate me for this, but I want McDaniels. I know it didn't go well in Denver, but I think he could do something with Dalton and our offense.
Reply/Quote
Dear god please no one say Mike Shula!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 11:15 AM)jason Wrote: Urban Meyer is the best football coach period.

He'd be my pick.

DingDing DingDing
Reply/Quote
Jon Gruden would be a solid choice. If we threw enough money at him he might bite. If skins tank we may get his brother back for offensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 11:34 AM)BengalD Wrote: DingDing DingDing

I get the feeling he is the heir in NE. Him and Bellicheck are pretty close.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 11:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's not an either or question. In reality, neither is the answer. Plus as it has been stated he won't leave Michigan for here, he'd leave for Luck but that's about it. People will hate me for this, but I want McDaniels. I know it didn't go well in Denver, but I think he could do something with Dalton and our offense.

Nah, I think McDaniels would be good hire imo.  If I had my choice it would be Jon Gruden hands down.  As to the OP, if given the choice I'd take Harbaugh in a heartbeat.  In this fan's eyes,it is an either-or question and the answer is obvious.
Reply/Quote
Mark Richt this is my pick!!!
Reply/Quote
Unless Urban was handed complete and utter control of all things personnel (which could happen) he is not leaving the college game.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 11:38 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Nah, I think McDaniels would be good hire imo.  If I had my choice it would be Jon Gruden hands down.  As to the OP, if given the choice I'd take Harbaugh in a heartbeat.  In this fan's eyes,it is an either-or question and the answer is obvious.

I just don't know that Gruden will leave MNF, although the ratings are down so maybe ESPN looks to make a change (I think it's the guy who replaced Terico).
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:59 AM)Brimey Wrote: Harbaugh isn't leaving Michigan to come to Cincinatti. By all accounts he didn't enjoy coaching pro players, and Michigan is his dream job.

This.   He'll be there for the next 10 years... or more.  His personality suits college players.  He'll never go back to the pros.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 11:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: I just don't know that Gruden will leave MNF, although the ratings are down so maybe ESPN looks to make a change (I think it's the guy who replaced Terico).

I'm not a huge Gruden fan.   He took a team Dungy built and took it to the Super Bowl.  The team did nothing but decline after that.   Plus I agree he'll not leave the media.   Hours are a lot better and there's less pressure.

I like the Vic Fangio idea.   Eastern PA guy who fits the AFC North ethos, defensive guy who has done well where he landed, hard nosed guy who seems smart and well spoken - and seems to know what he wants.  If he's allowed to hire his own staff I think he'd be a really interesting HC hire here.
Reply/Quote
I think McDaniels would be good. If he was smart, he'd look at his mistakes when he was in Denver and fix them.

Todd Haley? Turned a bad Chiefs team around and got them to the playoffs before getting fired the year he had no QB.
Matt Patricia? Patriots Defensive Coordinator. Apparently he is a genius.
Chris Ash? He got Rutgers to actually win not one, but TWO games this year.
Reply/Quote
I don't care if he's a huge crybaby on the sideline. I'd give my left foot for Harbaugh to coach here.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 11:39 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Unless Urban was handed complete and utter control of all things personnel (which could happen) he is not leaving the college game.

We should offer him complete control over everything!!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 09:46 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Brown would never bite.

I don't think he would leave his alma mater but would love to see Urban Meyer have a shot. Best coach in college football, ESPECIALLY at getting his team ready for big games!

Meh.....could Meyer adapt to the pro game?  The read option is not an option (pun intended) for this roster.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:37 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm not a huge Gruden fan.   He took a team Dungy built and took it to the Super Bowl.  The team did nothing but decline after that.   Plus I agree he'll not leave the media.   Hours are a lot better and there's less pressure.

I like the Vic Fangio idea.   Eastern PA guy who fits the AFC North ethos, defensive guy who has done well where he landed, hard nosed guy who seems smart and well spoken - and seems to know what he wants.  If he's allowed to hire his own staff I think he'd be a really interesting HC hire here.

....but Dungy took over a surging team that Sam Wyche laid the cornerstone for.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
In a January 2016 interview, Urban was asked whether he would take NFL opportunities, he said he had a "few chances, last year, but we're not ready" (his family) . He went on to say that his son is a sophomore in high school(would now be a junior), and he never says never because people hold you to that he says. I would deal with Marvin for this year and the next, if we could get Urban Meyer. He played at UC and was very pleased with the Buckeye spring game once being played at PBS.

**With all this being said, I guess I will wish in one hand, and sh^% in the other and see which ones fills up first. But wouldn't this be absolutely fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....but Dungy took over a surging team that Sam Wyche laid the cornerstone for.

Yeah my man Sam does not get near the credit he deserves for one of the most creative and brilliant careers - that was unnecessarily cut short in the middle of fine run hear.   A shame he did not get to finish things off in Tampa, but Tony did a good job.   It was SB ready when Gruden arrived IMO.
Reply/Quote
IMO, the most important part of hiring a new head coach is to not have any other coaches or assistants on staff. The new guy MUST hire all his own staff.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote