Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Must-See Videos from Voch Lombardi
These are really interesting videos to watch

Prospect vs Prospect

O line vs D Line
Makes me think twice about Forrest Lamp in Round One. Trade down? Mmmmaybe. Dunno.

WR vs CB No doubts about John Ross or a couple of these corners. Too bad Conley had to go and rape some young (I assume) woman (I assume)
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It shows Ross abuse two of the top CBs in the draft....I love Voch's line about Ross after destroying Adoree Jackson: He said something to the effect that some guys have run-ins with the law, but John Ross is going to be charged with MURDER! He gonna walk up to the castle and they're going to say "seize him!". Hilarious.

And now, draft him and let's "murder" some steeler DBs.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It shows Ross abuse two of the top CBs in the draft....I love Voch's line about Ross after destroying Adoree Jackson:  He said something to the effect that some guys have run-ins with the law, but John Ross is going to be charged with MURDER!  He gonna walk up to the castle and they're going to say "seize him!".  Hilarious.  

I'm really starting to wish we take Ross. There are some other guys who might work well, but Ross really could be something special. He seems to like Marvin alot, so we can suppose he would actually WANT to be here. Imagine Ross learning the NFL game from AJ Green. If Eifert can get healthy and stay healthy, Andy would have a field day, and the running game could really open up. We'll see how Ross develops. But putting a guy who runs a 4.2 40 into our offense. We saw what Ross did to the top corners in this draft. If the offensive line doesn't kill us, we should be more than alright. I think Andy will do his part and lead with Burfict. Hell, even Andre Smith wants to be a team captain. If you listen, they're really trying to develop the right kind of chemistry in the locker room. 

Another guy I really like is Malik McDowell. I don't know why but I hear he really bombed the combine interviews. The dude is freaking MEAN. While chemistry is important, you still need to get the job done on the field. McDowell might be the best Dlineman left on the board at 9. We'll see. But why choose a guy who could possibly hurt the team chemistry over  a guy like Ross? And if we can possibly get Mixon and Elflein, depending on how they feel about any of the edge guys with speed or Taco, if he falls, I think we could make a real run for it. They got Minter and Chris Smith for a reason. I really think they're going to focus on ramping up this offense.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It shows Ross abuse two of the top CBs in the draft....I love Voch's line about Ross after destroying Adoree Jackson:  He said something to the effect that some guys have run-ins with the law, but John Ross is going to be charged with MURDER!  He gonna walk up to the castle and they're going to say "seize him!".  Hilarious.  

(04-26-2017, 12:37 PM)Shady Wrote: I'm really starting to wish we take Ross. There are some other guys who might work well, but Ross really could be something special. He seems to like Marvin alot, so we can suppose he would actually WANT to be here. Imagine Ross learning the NFL game from AJ Green. If Eifert can get healthy and stay healthy, Andy would have a field day, and the running game could really open up. We'll see how Ross develops. But putting a guy who runs a 4.2 40 into our offense. We saw what Ross did to the top corners in this draft. If the offensive line doesn't kill us, we should be more than alright. I think Andy will do his part and lead with Burfict. Hell, even Andre Smith wants to be a team captain. If you listen, they're really trying to develop the right kind of chemistry in the locker room. 

Another guy I really like is Malik McDowell. I don't know why but I hear he really bombed the combine interviews. The dude is freaking MEAN. While chemistry is important, you still need to get the job done on the field. McDowell might be the best Dlineman left on the board at 9. We'll see. But why choose a guy who could possibly hurt the team chemistry over  a guy like Ross? And if we can possibly get Mixon and Elflein, depending on how they feel about any of the edge guys with speed or Taco, if he falls, I think we could make a real run for it. They got Minter and Chris Smith for a reason. I really think they're going to focus on ramping up this offense.

I agree with both of you guys about Ross.  If a slight trade down to take him at 12 -15 is not possible, I don't mind taking him at 9.  This looks like our version of Antonio Brown and Brandin Cooks.  Shady, I'm with you on Malik McDowell.  I don't think we should go for him at 9, but anything in the late first (with a trade up) or at pick 41 or 33 ( with an AJM trade) if he's still available would be great.  I think dude is mean at every position on the Dline, but I would play him at DE mostly, but let him play all around like J.J. Watt does.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:37 PM)Shady Wrote: I'm really starting to wish we take Ross. There are some other guys who might work well, but Ross really could be something special. He seems to like Marvin alot, so we can suppose he would actually WANT to be here. Imagine Ross learning the NFL game from AJ Green. If Eifert can get healthy and stay healthy, Andy would have a field day, and the running game could really open up. We'll see how Ross develops. But putting a guy who runs a 4.2 40 into our offense. We saw what Ross did to the top corners in this draft. If the offensive line doesn't kill us, we should be more than alright. I think Andy will do his part and lead with Burfict. Hell, even Andre Smith wants to be a team captain. If you listen, they're really trying to develop the right kind of chemistry in the locker room. 

With all you guys about John Ross as i presume you all know by now. Voch's quote was funnier than shit.

What if McDowell fell to 41, that would be sweet. I don't care if the guy is a nice guy, i have had enough Peko's.

Would be good for us to have a mean SOB on Defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With all you guys about John Ross as i presume you all know by now. Voch's quote was funnier than shit.

What if McDowell fell to 41, that would be sweet. I don't care if the guy is a nice guy, i have had enough Peko's.

McDowell is mean SOB with a non stop motor.  He can take double teams (although I wouldn't want this to be his role) at the goal line, but when dude pass rushes, he can beat his man and keep chasing non stop and he has speed for his size.  I'd take McDowell if he was at pick 33 and we had that pick.  I'd take Montravious Adams at round 5 if he was there.   Montravious may not last that long, but if he was there at 5, he is a value pick who can be a great rotation guy to stuff the run on the first two downs and to give a breather to Billings.
Reply/Quote

Something that worries me...if the Bengals don't take Ross, he could become a Raven or Steeler. The Ravens lost Mike Wallace and Ross would fill that deep threat role and then some. Plus we know Flacco has the big arm to throw it deep. Roethlisberger would drool over having a player like Ross to go with Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Le'Veon Bell. Scary thought.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Something that worries me...if the Bengals don't take Ross, he could become a Raven or Steeler. The Ravens lost Mike Wallace and Ross would fill that deep threat role and then some. Plus we know Flacco has the big arm to throw it deep. Roethlisberger would drool over having a player like Ross to go with Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Le'Veon Bell. Scary thought.

Mike Wallace is still there, Steve Smith retired.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mike Wallace is still there, Steve Smith retired.

Oh, I had thought his option wasn't picked up. My mistake. Still, they need help. So a WR like Williams or Davis might be more in play then.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lamp might be the best o lineman in the draft. I still like Robinson also, more than others. On key match ups last year, both these guys turned out the winners.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With all you guys about John Ross as i presume you all know by now. Voch's quote was funnier than shit.

I'd love McDowell, Adams and Reddick. But I also want Ross, Elflein, and Mixon. We need an extra pick in the first two rounds. 
Reply/Quote
THe other night I was watching tape on Malik McDowell thinking to myself "this dude might be the best DL in the draft."

Never heard of this Voch dude but I liked his commentary. SO, I watched some more videos of his and saw his McDowell video and he thinks he's as good or better than Solomon Thomas.

Maybe we can trade back up into the late 1st and nab this Malik McDowell dude. He wrecks shop
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:16 PM)bonesaw Wrote: THe other night I was watching tape on Malik McDowell thinking to myself "this dude might be the best DL in the draft."

Never heard of this Voch dude but I liked his commentary.  SO, I watched some more videos of his and saw his McDowell video and he thinks he's as good or better than Solomon Thomas.  

Maybe we can trade back up into the late 1st and nab this Malik McDowell dude.  He wrecks shop

yeah, I would be more than happy if we trade down for him, pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick to go along with Mixon. 

1. McDowell
2a. Mixon
2b.  Elflein or Bowser
3a. Zay Jones
3b. Montravious Adams 
Reply/Quote
I'd also recommend you watch his video about O.J. Howard.

If you aren't convinced he'd be an outstanding pick, Voch will change your mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO29ZgeynR0
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:16 PM)bonesaw Wrote: THe other night I was watching tape on Malik McDowell thinking to myself "this dude might be the best DL in the draft."

Never heard of this Voch dude but I liked his commentary.  SO, I watched some more videos of his and saw his McDowell video and he thinks he's as good or better than Solomon Thomas.  

Maybe we can trade back up into the late 1st and nab this Malik McDowell dude.  He wrecks shop

Yeah, just getting up to the times with Malik, thanks guys, who cares where he is rated if he is the best
D-lineman in the draft and didn't suck up enough in the interviews for the teams to like.

McDowell is a football player. Saw him last year and thought the same thing but people kept putting him
off to me acting like he is a criminal waiting to happen.

Life and especially the draft is a gamble.

(04-26-2017, 11:46 PM)Shady Wrote: yeah, I would be more than happy if we trade down for him, pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick to go along with Mixon. 

1. McDowell
2a. Mixon
2b.  Elflein or Bowser
3a. Zay Jones
3b. Montravious Adams 

Mixon still gives me pause but i cannot deny his vision and how much he could help this team if he is truly over that shit.

Need a Center even though i like Bowser a hella lot. Maybe grab Roullier in the 4th, Center out of Wyoming that Ocho turned me onto.

Love all these picks Shady. Wink
Reply/Quote