Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The OL deserves a high five today
Only 2 sacks one on offense not catching an alignment shift and the other was the back (Perine I think) missed his block. Did not let up a lot of pressure. Only reason some stats were low was Zac called a rather conservative game. Burrow had more than enough time when they let him throw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They did not play bad. But not good either. We could not get the running game going. Like at all. That was disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:28 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: They did not play bad. But not good either. We could not get the running game going. Like at all. That was disappointing.

Except that was more the strange run play designs. They kept trying pitch outs to the right and the Raiders were sitting on it. Plus Mixon does have one problem as a RB and that is he trips a lot - one such trip prevented him for going about 40 for a TD. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: Except that was more the strange run play designs. They kept trying pitch outs to the right and the Raiders were sitting on it. Plus Mixon does have one problem as a RB and that is he trips a lot - one such trip prevented him for going about 40 for a TD. 

He does seem to be falling over a lot as of late. And getting up slow. But there were not many places for him to go. Juts seemed as if running the ball was a waste of time in this game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:31 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: He does seem to be falling over a lot as of late. And getting up slow. But there were not many places for him to go. Juts seemed as if running the ball was a waste of time in this game. 

We should be passing to set up the run, and once we're done take a serious look at Mixon's footwork. Bring in a coach to work with him on it. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: borat-high-five.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The run blocking was sad. like they couldn’t make a hole for Mixon all damn day. But the pass protection was surprisingly decent
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:28 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: They did not play bad. But not good either. We could not get the running game going. Like at all. That was disappointing.

Great seeing my brother CloeHokie around again and after a Playoff win....

Ideal my friend. Smirk

Spain made some good blocks today BTW to Joelist.

Prince is our weakness, thank God he is on Joe Burrow's right side in front of his sight. Adeniji might need to be 
replaced by Carman, I know he is inconsistent but Carman will not be bullied like Adeniji was at times.
Reply/Quote
They were just good enough. And that’s all we can ask for in a game where we were missing our starting RT, and playing against one of the top pass rushers in the league.

Pollack deserves a lot of credit for coaching up guys like Prince an Adeniji.

Reply/Quote
I'm starting if Mixon is completely healthy. He was wincing a lot early and we have been struggling to run I feel like since Rieff has been out.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:29 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great seeing my brother CloeHokie around again and after a Playoff win....

Ideal my friend. Smirk

Prince is our weakness, thank God he is on Joe Burrow's right side in front of his sight. Adeniji might need to be 
replaced by Carman, I know he is inconsistent but Carman will not be bullied like Adeniji was at times.

No doubt bro! Aside from my Dad not many Bengals fans to talk with about the W! Its been a long 30 years. xd
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:57 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: No doubt bro! Aside from my Dad not many Bengals fans to talk with about the W! Its been a long 30 years. xd

Sure has my good old friend. Happy you are still alive ha ha

Love it when I see my good buddies from the old board come on in and give some thoughts.

Seen Savage, M.W. and a few others but you were always one of my faves on the ole DennyG board lol
Reply/Quote
Jonah, Spain, and Hopkins didn’t allow a single pressure.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:29 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great seeing my brother CloeHokie around again and after a Playoff win....

Ideal my friend. Smirk

The amazing part was Prince was 1-1 with Crosby most of the time and largely won. They did have Uzo chip now and again but a lot of the time it was 1-1. My question was why they were so set on running to the right when the strong suit of the OL is the left side?
Reply/Quote
Running was tough sledding, but Raiders were tough. Didn’t see a light box too much and they rotated out of heavy boxes quite a few times. They played a very good game on defense.
Reply/Quote
Hats off to the offensive line. They only give up 2 sacks against a nasty set of edge rushers. That was a heck of a effort.
Reply/Quote
The o-line needed to play their best today, and the came through. Prince played like an absolute man out there today. Backups to backups aren’t supposed to play that well against the #2 pff ranked DE. And the entire left side held up perfectly.

Great game by them.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Ideal my friend. Smirk

I thought Prince played a very good game today! 
Reply/Quote
The O line is still a big problem. When the team needed to run the clock out and pick up a first down to win the game, the O-line just couldnt get the job done. They stuggled all game long with the run. Mixon ran the ball 17 times and was only able to get 2.8 YPC. Pass protection was a little better but still subpar. Burrow had to throw a lot of quick shorter route throws.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:44 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The O line is still a big problem.  When the team needed to run the clock out and pick up a first down to win the game, the O-line just couldnt get the job done.  They stuggled all game long with the run.  Mixon ran the ball 17 times and was only able to get 2.8 YPC.  Pass protection was a little better but still subpar.  Burrow had to throw a lot of quick shorter route throws.

This. The o-line played well enough to keep Burrow upright most of the game, and against a really good pass rushing front. But they had trouble getting push in the run game at times, especially in short yardage situations where it should have been easy. Adeniji and Hopkins especially got pushed around. I may be a huge Iowa homer, but Tyler Linderbaum would be an instant and dramatic upgrade at center....right now, let alone next year. 
Reply/Quote