• 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The OTHER Elephant in the Room
OMGWTF

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Worst thread ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ. Try to have nice things for me, one ***** time dudes.

Nuke this thread from existence.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What if it is not just this one game.  What if Burrow gets injured so bad that he never plays football again?

Or what if it is like the '05 playoff game and both Burrow and Chase go down on the same play?

And what if they are BOTH  career ending injuries?

I know every Bengal fan has locked himself in his room every night and cut himself while thinking about this for hours on end.

And I know you have thought about it multiple times already(Burrow having to leave the game for any length of time). Don't act like you haven't.  Let's just believe Joe continues his magic and the Universe allows it continue. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:06 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Jesus Christ. Try to have nice things for me, one ***** time dudes.

Nuke this thread from existence.

Tell me how and I'll "nuke" it !!!!   
Reply/Quote
This thread...

[Image: HYyY5k.gif]
Reply/Quote
What I'd really like to "nuke" is superstition.
Reply/Quote
Me posting and worrying about a player's well-being has about as much affect on the player's well-being as me believing and predicting a win has on a win occurring.

Science > Superstition

Bengals> Rams
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 10:22 AM)Science Friction Wrote: And I know you have thought about it multiple times already(Burrow having to leave the game for any length of time). Don't act like you haven't.  Let's just believe Joe continues his magic and the Universe allows it continue. 

First of all what Burrow is doing is not "magic".  He is not winning games on tipped hail mary passes or other "lucky" type plays.  He is succeeding based on skill and ability.  And considering that many greta QBs play for years I don't think ti is unreasonable to believe that "the Universe will allow it to continue".

Second, you remind me of a roommate I had in college who was having a discussion with me about suicide.  He kept insisting that EVERYONE had thought about killing themselves.  He refused to believe that I had never once in my life even thought about killing myself.  It was sad.

So I am sorry if you do not believe me, but I have not given a single thought to Burrow being knocked out of the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all what Burrow is doing is not "magic".  He is not winning games on tipped hail mary passes or other "lucky" type plays.  He is succeeding based on skill and ability.  And considering that many greta QBs play for years I don't think ti is unreasonable to believe that "the Universe will allow it to continue".

Second, you remind me of a roommate I had in college who was having a discussion with me about suicide.  He kept insisting that EVERYONE had thought about killing themselves.  He refused to believe that I had never once in my life even thought about killing myself.  It was sad.

So I am sorry if you do not believe me, but I have not given a single thought to Burrow being knocked out of the Super Bowl.

Agreed regarding your bolded statement, but I'm thinking maybe that is what the poster meant with the "working magic" idiom? Burrow has looked impressive throwing outside the pocket, running for first downs, and precisely throwing the ball to his targets. His skill and ability has had shining moments throughout the playoffs. I do hope we can score more points in the Super Bowl and secure a big win against the Rams.
Reply/Quote
ಠ_ಠ

OP is doing too much.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 10:34 AM)Science Friction Wrote: What I'd really like to "nuke" is superstition.

Joe Burrow already took care of that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think what OP is trying to get at is that while both teams have bad backups, Burrow is likely to get pressured (far) more than Stafford, and thus a higher chance that the backup could get called upon.

Donald had 12.5 sacks in regular season, another 1.5 in playoffs.
Floyd had 9.5 in regular season, another 1.0 in playoffs.
Von Miller had 9.5 this regular season (5.0 with Rams), another 2.0 in playoffs.

They do have collectively a better pass rush than the Bengals.

The Rams OL is also better than the Bengals OL.

It's no secret this season rode heavily on Burrow. The drop off to Brandon Allen is substantial.
But at this point, there's nothing that can be done, so the best we can hope for is the Bengals properly address OL and better address backup QB in the offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You could make the same ridiculous argument for several players on both teams. Kupp or Donald get injured early? Chase or Reader get taken out?

It's no different the whole season. Injuries can be huge. I had to fight the urge to barf when Krumrie broke his leg, both because of the brutal injury and thinking the Bengals hopes for a victory were gone!
Reply/Quote
I've seen some bad takes on the internet before - hell, I used to post regularly in the Game Day threads which have some of the worst takes ever - but this is the absolute WORST post and WORST thread that has ever been made in the history of the internet. OP should be ashamed of himself and his IP should be banned from ALL Bengals-related websites.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I've seen some bad takes on the internet before - hell, I used to post regularly in the Game Day threads which have some of the worst takes ever - but this is the absolute WORST post and WORST thread that has ever been made in the history of the internet. OP should be ashamed of himself and his IP should be banned from ALL Bengals-related websites.

Here I was, thinking that this thread was about to breathe it's last, then you come in and hit it with the narcan.. LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I've seen some bad takes on the internet before - hell, I used to post regularly in the Game Day threads which have some of the worst takes ever - but this is the absolute WORST post and WORST thread that has ever been made in the history of the internet. OP should be ashamed of himself and his IP should be banned from ALL Bengals-related websites.

Could you imagine if this guy was around here for all the losing? I honestly can't believe this thread is still here. He says everyone has thought about it. I didn't until this... There just really isn't a point but to rile people up.. All I been thinking about is Chase crying and hugging  Burrow with the Lombardi in his hands...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:11 AM)Science Friction Wrote: No one's really talking about it and I completely understand why. I've tried to put it out of mind and not think about it. I've tried to stay positive and stay confident , and I am confident.  I think we should win this game because, I think all things considered, we are the better team. But one thing scares me and scares me bad.   And it scares you as well. Like me, you push it to the back of your mind and try not let it dominate your thinking .

If this one thing happens, we have no chance. Dream over. Done.  If Joe goes down and misses any significant playing time in this game, we can forget it.  Brandon Allen vs  Donald and Miller... no thank you.   We all know this and it goes without saying that Donald and his Rams do as well.  They know they can 100% win a Superbowl by taking out Burrow.  Now, are there players on that DL that are sociopathic enough to have no qualms about doing something like that? Some have said that Donald is a dirty player. I don't watch the Rams so I couldn't tell you. I just know the stakes in a game like this are very high and there are some bad people in sports just like in other aspects of life who want to win by "whatever means necessary."

The Rams are gonna be around Burrow all game. They know that one shot that takes Burrow out of the game, even for a half,  will deliver them a Superbowl ring.  Am I worrying for no reason? I mean, if Joe goes out , our hopes go with him.  A QB is always susceptible to frightening hits but on this big of a stage, it is worrisome to me that maybe someone has a premeditated plan to remove the biggest obstacle in their way to the ultimate prize.

I believe that Joe will find a way to lead his troops to victory. It seems like the guy almost wills things to happen.  BUT , he has to be on the field for four quarters for this victory to happen. I believe that if JOEY B  plays every snap for the Bengals , they win this Superbowl.   The Rams probably know it as well.

Comments???
WTF, why you go there? You like 12 or something?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: WTF, why you go there? You like 12 or something?

No, 59.  Because it is a legitimate concern and a legitimate question. Also, I don't believe in superstition or curses or jinxes.  Someone brought it up in another thread about a week ago, saying that Donald was a dirty player and that he was worried that he might try to hurt Joe. I'm sure many others have been worrying about the same thing, including yourself.  How old are you, btw? And how big an ol' boy, are ya?  lol
Reply/Quote
It used to be that Matt Stafford was known for being injury prone. Also a lot these "all stars" that LA have are on the older side. I hope no one is injured but the odds for injuries probably slant against the Rams if anything.

Reply/Quote