Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The OTHER Elephant in the Room
(02-09-2022, 02:16 PM)Science Friction Wrote: No, 59.  Because it is a legitimate concern and a legitimate question. Also, I don't believe in superstition or curses or jinxes.  Someone broug ht it up in another thread about a week ago, saying that Donald was a dirty player and that he was worried that he might try to hurt Joe. I'm sure many others have been worrying about the same thing, including yourself.  How old are you, btw? And how big an ol' boy, are ya?  lol
Well if you're 59 then you should know better than say something like that. As to how big I am, what does that have to do with anything?
Reply/Quote
Bad thread is bad.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Guy I gotta drive to the grocery store soon. Elephant in the room is I might skid off the highway and die a fiery death. Everyone is thinking it.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Well if you're 59 then you should know better than say something like that. As to how big I am, what does that have to do with anything?

Well, if you are over 12, you should know better than to think what anyone writes on a message board has ZERO effect on what happens in a football game. Do you believe in talking snakes and demonic pigs as well?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:18 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Guy I gotta drive to the grocery store soon.  Elephant in the room is I might skid off the highway and die a fiery death.  Everyone is thinking it.

Al Qaida might blow up the stadium killing thousands including Evan McPherson. Everyone is thinking about it Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What if it is not just this one game.  What if Burrow gets injured so bad that he never plays football again?

Or what if it is like the '05 playoff game and both Burrow and Chase go down on the same play?

And what if they are BOTH  career ending injuries?

I know every Bengal fan has locked himself in his room every night and cut himself while thinking about this for hours on end.

I'm much more worried about the what if of..What IF..the world comes to an end a minute before the final gun and we never get to find out if the Bengals won the last game of football ever in recorded human history? OF COURSE we'll have won it.. because that's how end of the world scenarios play out...The good guys get snuffed out right before the final credits and the audience sits screaming at the damned cable company for all of eternity..  Cool  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Bad thread is bad.

Superstition is worse.   

What I or anyone else says doesn't make the Universe deliver it. 
Reply/Quote
delete thread. Ban User.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Al Qaida might blow up the stadium killing thousands including Evan McPherson. Everyone is thinking about it Whatever

Joe getting concussed by Evil Aaron is something that has crossed the mind of every poster on this board and you know it.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:29 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: delete thread.  Ban User.

For asking a legitimate question and posing a legitimate concern that has entered your mind and most others on here?  In fact, the same concern came up in another thread a few days ago. 

Delete superstition and ban irrational thinking is more like it. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Science Friction Wrote: For asking a legitimate question and posing a legitimate concern that has entered your mind and most others on here?  In fact, the same concern came up in another thread a few days ago. 

Delete superstition and ban irrational thinking is more like it. 

I don't think it's an illegitimate question.  But I think it's a worst-case, nuclear situation and would obviously be harmful to any team, unless they had their "next guy" waiting in the wings that season to jump in the next year.  Backups aren't there to come in and win SBs.  They're bandaids for the season as needed.  

I'm not superstitious, but I'm not going to dwell on the scenario, either.  The amount of things that would have to swing perfectly to get a win after that are staggering.  And even more than this game, I'd be worried about his future.  A future that's looking very bright right now.  So again, I'm not going to give it any thought in these days leading up.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 06:25 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't think it's an illegitimate question.  But I think it's a worst-case, nuclear situation and would obviously be harmful to any team, unless they had their "next guy" waiting in the wings that season to jump in the next year.  Backups aren't there to come in and win SBs.  They're bandaids for the season as needed.  

I'm not superstitious, but I'm not going to dwell on the scenario, either.  The amount of things that would have to swing perfectly to get a win after that are staggering.  And even more than this game, I'd be worried about his future.  A future that's looking very bright right now.  So again, I'm not going to give it any thought in these days leading up.  

I certainly respect and understand what you're saying. All I was saying is that it is something that worried me, especially after someone on here stated that Donald is a dirty player who wouldn't mind injuring Joe.  The evil one may see it as an easy path to a SB ring. Let's hope those Rams are outstanding citizens and great sportsmen.  If there were seven Whitworth's on their line I wouldn't worry as much.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 06:09 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Joe getting concussed by Evil Aaron is something that has crossed the mind of every poster on this board and you know it.

No it hasn't. Sure, we're all expecting Donald to get at least 2 sacks, but a Burrow injury? Almost nobody is thinking of that ... until you spoke it's possibility into existence. If it ends up being a Housh-like prediction, you should do something anatomically impossible to yourself. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:29 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: delete thread.  Ban User.

Worst. post. ever.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 07:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No it hasn't. Sure, we're all expecting Donald to get at least 2 sacks, but a Burrow injury? Almost nobody is thinking of that ... until you spoke it's possibility into existence. If it ends up being a Housh-like prediction, you should do something anatomically impossible to yourself. 

If you actually believe a guy from a little southern kentucky town can speak an injury to a pro football player into existence , you might be one of the most foolish humans I have ever come across.  Absolutely astonishingly absurd! Sounds like something a tribe in New Guinea might or a voodoo priest in Haiti might come up with.

Science Superstition

P.S.  If you actually believe such shit, why don't you speak yourself a powerball lottery win into existence ?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:11 AM)Science Friction Wrote: No one's really talking about it and I completely understand why. I've tried to put it out of mind and not think about it. I've tried to stay positive and stay confident , and I am confident.  I think we should win this game because, I think all things considered, we are the better team. But one thing scares me and scares me bad.   And it scares you as well. Like me, you push it to the back of your mind and try not let it dominate your thinking .

If this one thing happens, we have no chance. Dream over. Done.  If Joe goes down and misses any significant playing time in this game, we can forget it.  Brandon Allen vs  Donald and Miller... no thank you.   We all know this and it goes without saying that Donald and his Rams do as well.  They know they can 100% win a Superbowl by taking out Burrow.  Now, are there players on that DL that are sociopathic enough to have no qualms about doing something like that? Some have said that Donald is a dirty player. I don't watch the Rams so I couldn't tell you. I just know the stakes in a game like this are very high and there are some bad people in sports just like in other aspects of life who want to win by "whatever means necessary."

The Rams are gonna be around Burrow all game. They know that one shot that takes Burrow out of the game, even for a half,  will deliver them a Superbowl ring.  Am I worrying for no reason? I mean, if Joe goes out , our hopes go with him.  A QB is always susceptible to frightening hits but on this big of a stage, it is worrisome to me that maybe someone has a premeditated plan to remove the biggest obstacle in their way to the ultimate prize.

I believe that Joe will find a way to lead his troops to victory. It seems like the guy almost wills things to happen.  BUT , he has to be on the field for four quarters for this victory to happen. I believe that if JOEY B  plays every snap for the Bengals , they win this Superbowl.   The Rams probably know it as well.

Comments???

Comment?

Delete this thread.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 08:58 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Worst. post. ever.

worst. thread. ever.

Post your address if you feel differently
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 11:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: worst. thread. ever.

Post your address if you feel differently

Not sure what you are talking about, VD.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:02 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Not sure what you are talking about, VD.

He plans on sending you a turd in a bag as payment for this thread. No superstition…just some good ol’ pooperstition. It’s the only way to reverse this curse that you have brought upon us. Let us mail you our poop.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:11 AM)Science Friction Wrote: No one's really talking about it and I completely understand why. I've tried to put it out of mind and not think about it. I've tried to stay positive and stay confident , and I am confident.  I think we should win this game because, I think all things considered, we are the better team. But one thing scares me and scares me bad.   And it scares you as well. Like me, you push it to the back of your mind and try not let it dominate your thinking .

If this one thing happens, we have no chance. Dream over. Done.  If Joe goes down and misses any significant playing time in this game, we can forget it.  Brandon Allen vs  Donald and Miller... no thank you.   We all know this and it goes without saying that Donald and his Rams do as well.  They know they can 100% win a Superbowl by taking out Burrow.  Now, are there players on that DL that are sociopathic enough to have no qualms about doing something like that? Some have said that Donald is a dirty player. I don't watch the Rams so I couldn't tell you. I just know the stakes in a game like this are very high and there are some bad people in sports just like in other aspects of life who want to win by "whatever means necessary."

The Rams are gonna be around Burrow all game. They know that one shot that takes Burrow out of the game, even for a half,  will deliver them a Superbowl ring.  Am I worrying for no reason? I mean, if Joe goes out , our hopes go with him.  A QB is always susceptible to frightening hits but on this big of a stage, it is worrisome to me that maybe someone has a premeditated plan to remove the biggest obstacle in their way to the ultimate prize.

I believe that Joe will find a way to lead his troops to victory. It seems like the guy almost wills things to happen.  BUT , he has to be on the field for four quarters for this victory to happen. I believe that if JOEY B  plays every snap for the Bengals , they win this Superbowl.   The Rams probably know it as well.

Comments???

This is, by far, the dumbest thread I have ever seen. I think you are lost. Go join the Rams circle jerk on Reddit. Thanks. Bye now.  LMAO
Reply/Quote