Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(05-03-2019, 01:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I change my vote to NO keepers. I was going to keep Tyreek Hill, but he is going to be, or should be, out of the league.

So when can we start mock drafting BTW? Hilarious

Too late, keepers it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Too late, keepers it is

Shove it Bucko!   Tongue
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I change my vote to NO keepers.  I was going to keep Tyreek Hill, but he is going to be, or should be, out of the league.

So when can we start mock drafting BTW?   Hilarious

Didn't you learn your lesson last year, that doing 2438 mock drafts gets you no closer to the Championship??   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't you learn your lesson last year, that doing 2438 mock drafts gets you no closer to the Championship??   Ninja

He’s the Marvin Lewis of fantasy football playoff success

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't you learn your lesson last year, that doing 2438 mock drafts gets you no closer to the Championship??   Ninja

Well, I made the playoffs.  This year I figure 2439 ought to get me the trophy.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Already got in about 10 mocks. Sure wish I knew if we were doing keepers. (Ahem)
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 05:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Already got in about 10 mocks. Sure wish I knew if we were doing keepers. (Ahem)

Do a hundred more. They won’t help

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 05:45 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Do a hundred more.  They won’t help

Don't you have someplace to be?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 05:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Already got in about 10 mocks.  Sure wish I knew if we were doing keepers.  (Ahem)

I am all for a keeper league but why not just start it this year with a fresh draft? Half the fun of a keeper league is that first draft with people taking chances on unproven young guys hoping they turn into stars, kinda seems lame to take that away from us, right?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 07:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Don't you have someplace to be?

I’m behind you

Reply/Quote
Hmmm. There’s an echo in the room.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 08:08 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I am all for a keeper league but why not just start it this year with a fresh draft? Half the fun of a keeper league is that first draft with people taking chances on unproven young guys hoping they turn into stars, kinda seems lame to take that away from us, right?

That's fine with me.  I just want an answer, or a vote.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 09:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That's fine with me.  I just want an answer, or a vote.

I thought that we had already decided to be a keeper league.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We will do keepers. Here's the rules:

You can keep 2

They will cost you one round higher than you drafted them (capped at a 5th). For instance you drafted someone in the 3rd, you give up a second this year, you drafted in the 6th you give up a 5th, you drafted in the 12th you give up a 5th.

A first costs a 1st
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We will do keepers. Here's the rules:

You can keep 2

They will cost you one round higher than you drafted them (capped at a 5th). For instance you drafted someone in the 3rd, you give up a second this year, you drafted in the 6th you give up a 5th, you drafted in the 12th you give up a 5th.

A first costs a 1st

Is that the rules, per our league host site?  I've always seen it as keepers cost you the round you chose that player in.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We will do keepers. Here's the rules:

You can keep 2

A first costs a 1st

So were gonna do it with the guys we already have? Can we not do a new draft and start the keeper stuff after? The first draft is one of the best parts.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 10:09 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So were gonna do it with the guys we already have? Can we not do a new draft and start the keeper stuff after? The first draft is one of the best parts.

When we first formed the league, we voted to be keeper.  Then, after Johnny Cupcakes had to step away, we had to create a "new" league.  It was supposed to be a continuation of what we had already started in the '17 season, but we all had to draft new.  So, '18 WAS our "fresh draft".  

Are you saying that you would have drafted differently, had you known in advance that it was a keeper league?  If so, how does one draft differently for a keeper league, compared to a non-keeper league?   Hmm

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 10:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When we first formed the league, we voted to be keeper.  Then, after Johnny Cupcakes had to step away, we had to create a "new" league.  It was supposed to be a continuation of what we had already started in the '17 season, but we all had to draft new.  So, '18 WAS our "fresh draft".  

Are you saying that you would have drafted differently, had you known in advance that it was a keeper league?  If so, how does one draft differently for a keeper league, compared to a non-keeper league?   Hmm

I mean I can live with it either way, just I never saw anything saying it was a keeper when I joined but maybe I just missed it, not a huge deal.

And yea most keeper leagues draft differently, rookies and guys with potential to be good in the future go much higher than in a normal draft. I always thought that was kind of the point of drafting for a keeper league, to take a risk for the future rather than only drafting for a single season. Also changes things during the season, I mean for instance I probably would not have dropped James Conner in the last week had I known. I actually doubt he'd be one of my two keepers since I think him and the Steelers regress this year but the point still stands.

Like I said, I am good with it either way. I got two guys I really like for keeper anyway but it does make a difference in the draft and throughout the season knowing whether or not you're in a keeper.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 10:40 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I mean I can live with it either way, just I never saw anything saying it was a keeper when I joined but maybe I just missed it, not a huge deal.

And yea most keeper leagues draft differently, rookies and guys with potential to be good in the future go much higher than in a normal draft. I always thought that was kind of the point of drafting for a keeper league, to take a risk for the future rather than only drafting for a single season. Also changes things during the season, I mean for instance I probably would not have dropped James Conner in the last week had I known. I actually doubt he'd be one of my two keepers since I think him and the Steelers regress this year but the point still stands.

Like I said, I am good with it either way. I got two guys I really like for keeper anyway but it does make a difference in the draft and throughout the season knowing whether or not you're in a keeper.

Interesting, as I always just draft the best possible team that I can.  When I consider "keepers", I always try to hold onto whomever my value picks were.  You know, the mid round guys that scored for me on a consistent basis. I try not to "target" rookies or stars with the intention of them being keepers, as they are subject to being one year wonders and such.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 11:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting, as I always just draft the best possible team that I can.  When I consider "keepers", I always try to hold onto whomever my value picks were.  You know, the mid round guys that scored for me on a consistent basis.  I try not to "target" rookies or stars with the intention of them being keepers, as they are subject to being one year wonders and such.

Yea I guess it kinda depends on draft strategy from person to person. 

Like I said im good either way, i got a couple guys I like as keepers or if we did a redraft im good as well. 

Should be fun either way.
Reply/Quote