Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
While we're talking about injuries and the quality of teams, I'm thinking my chances have from great to average at best. Losing Arian Foster (for the year) and Matt Forte is one helluva kick in the nuts for a team. Backs are hard enough to come by nowadays, and trying to replace two that were ranking in the top 5 in points is maybe too much. Plus, my QB sucks.

My team is now basically the Julio Jones show and cross your fingers on everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: While we're talking about injuries and the quality of teams, I'm thinking my chances have from great to average at best. Losing Arian Foster (for the year) and Matt Forte is one helluva kick in the nuts for a team. Backs are hard enough to come by nowadays, and trying to replace two that were ranking in the top 5 in points is maybe too much. Plus, my QB sucks.

My team is now basically the Julio Jones show and cross your fingers on everyone else.

Forte will be back for the fantasy playoffs though, so just make it there (which you should) and at least you'll have him back.

Shake lost Bell who is better than either of ours (Lewis and Foster), but damn what I'd give to have his backup situation of Williams being a workhorse in Pittsburgh's scheme instead of guessing which Patriots and Texans RBs will even see touches.

I'm just glad I'm doing as well as I am. Shake has the clear best team IMO, and then HarleyDog is 1 good RB away from being scary as shit, where did that team come from?! Harley and Shake is the matchup to keep an eye on this week, should be a high scoring affair. This league has been fun and some of the middle of the pack teams definitely have a chance with the top teams suffering some serious injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: While we're talking about injuries and the quality of teams, I'm thinking my chances have from great to average at best.  Losing Arian Foster (for the year) and Matt Forte is one helluva kick in the nuts for a team.  Backs are hard enough to come by nowadays, and trying to replace two that were ranking in the top 5 in points is maybe too much.  Plus, my QB sucks.

I agree with DJS. Forte should be back at some point. You've built some cushion with a 7-2 record. So if you coast to a playoff spot, Forte should be healthy by then.

Plus Romo should be an upgrade over Manning when he gets back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree with DJS. Forte should be back at some point. You've built some cushion with a 7-2 record. So if you coast to a playoff spot, Forte should be healthy by then.
I think this injury will open the door for Langford even more than before.  I think he'll vulture a ton of TD and see more and more reps as the season goes on.  Forte is gone after this season and I'll don't think the Bears we'll have much to play for here in a couple weeks.  I'll still start him but I don't expect to return to the same fantasy production.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: .
Plus Romo should be an upgrade over Manning when he gets back.

Man, I was happy to grab him off waivers.  Definitely worth sitting on for me.
Reply/Quote
all you renobs bitching about injuries can eat a steaming bag of dicks.

Dez - out for 5+ weeks
Luck - Out for 2, now 4 more
Murray - probably not passing protocol this week
Randle - Piece of shit, dropped
SSSR - ballsack wrapped around achilies and tore it

FML. Probably should have spent less time drinking whiskey and wise cracking during the draft. Terrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also. Lets nail down how keepers / draft picks are going to work for next year. I'm about to sell the farm (FREEMAN) to someone.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:42 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Also.  Lets nail down how keepers / draft picks are going to work for next year.  I'm about to sell the farm (FREEMAN) to someone.

Yeah I was wondering about that. Are we going to have teams selling off all their players to load up on picks for next year?

That really could shake up the league and teams that are great this year may stink the next due to lack of picks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I was wondering about that. Are we going to have teams selling off all their players to load up on picks for next year?

That really could shake up the league and teams that are great this year may stink the next due to lack of picks.

Well, they will get picks back, just in later rounds.  You can't trade away a pick without getting one in return.

Biggest question I have is the keeper pick placement.  In other keeper leagues I've been in, in order to keep a player, you have to use a pick 1 draft position higher than used the previous year.  Meaning that if I want to keep Hillman next year, I would take him (and skip my pick) in the 12th next year.  This is also where value is obtained by other teams when they trade for a player with a value higher than where they were picked.
Reply/Quote
I went into this with the goal of not finishing last. Being in 5th place, (for now) feels great.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Looking for some draft picks if anyone wants to trade. (High Quality H20)
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 09:48 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Looking for some draft picks if anyone wants to trade. (High Quality H20)

I'm interested in that trade you proposed with Chris Johnson.  But it seems to have disappeared.  If you're still interested, put it up again and I'll mull it over.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm stacked at WR. I could use some RB or TE depth if anyone is interested.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 04:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm stacked at WR. I could use some RB or TE depth if anyone is interested.

Julius Thomas has 3 great opponents during the playoffs first he faces the Colts (7th most points to TE's) Falcons (6th most) and Saints (2nd most)
Reply/Quote
If you elect to keep a player, you will lose the pick that you picked that player with in next year's draft. Unless anyone has any exceptions to that. I've never played keepers, so I'll figure out the settings as we go.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 03:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If you elect to keep a player, you will lose the pick that you picked that player with in next year's draft.  Unless anyone has any exceptions to that.  I've never played keepers, so I'll figure out the settings as we go.

Perfect.  And that transfers to the new owner if you trade that player and the new owner elects to keep said player.  
Reply/Quote
For the record, I usually veto trades for picks. You picked that group, you live with them. If you want to get better, drop a player and go pick from the boneyard.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 03:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If you elect to keep a player, you will lose the pick that you picked that player with in next year's draft.  Unless anyone has any exceptions to that.  I've never played keepers, so I'll figure out the settings as we go.

Works for me!

If you elect to keep a player who was undrafted will it cost you anything?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 04:06 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Perfect.  And that transfers to the new owner if you trade that player and the new owner elects to keep said player.  

Yes. If you trade the guy you picked in the third, and the guy you traded him to wants to keep him, he gives up his third.  If he's also keeping the player that he picked with his third, then he has to give up his second as well.

In the case that you traded your draft picks away like a few have done recently, and you want to keep a player that you would have had to use that pick with, you again, have to use the next higher pick.

If you do not have a draft pick equal or better to the player that you want to keep, you cannot keep him.

Hopefully this is good enough for everyone, and I can figure out how to custom order the draft to reflect the keeper changes and the trade changes, unless it happens automatically.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 04:52 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Works for me!

If you elect to keep a player who was undrafted will it cost you anything?

There are so many scenarios to think about with keepers. I'll suggest something, and you all can decide if you like it or want to suggest something different.

The lowest pick that you can keep a player with is your 8th rounder.  So, if you want to keep your 14th round or undrafted players, you give up an 8th.  Let me know if you all think this is fair, or if you'd rather do it another way.
LFG  

Reply/Quote