Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
Reminder, we all root for Cooper & OBJ to each get 100 yards and a TD or two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 01:07 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well boys.  Looks like I'm moving on with a 4 game win streak.  Somebody remind me the bull story again?

(11-15-2021, 09:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: I seem to remember some story that resembled its digestive product.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Cooper bringing home the win with 10+ receptions and well over 100 yards.
Reply/Quote
Alone atop the mountain. 4 game win streak. Anybody want to crack jokes about mock drafting right about now?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 01:10 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Cooper bringing home the win with 10+ receptions and well over 100 yards.

Hats of to Tecmo Bengals beating me by around 4 points.  Your KEY MOVE was picking up in Free Agency the Patriot RB who put up over 20 points for you.  That is hard on 2 counts.  #1. You never know who Patriots coach is going to use at RB week to week.  #2. You got him off our very weak Free Agent Pool.    Yahoo will give you a medal for adding a Free Agent who put up that many points in his first week for you. 

I went with my team that scored 180 points a few weeks back, minus injured Henry.  Same starters.  For some reason Cowboys stopped throwing to Swartz the TE the last 3 or 4 weeks.  Knox didn't do much on his return from injury as Bills TE.  Patrick who was questionable did play for Broncos, but didn't do much.  Arizona Defense looked like a solid choice, but Cowboys Defense on my bench with 20 some points hurt.  I have too many players not getting thrown the ball, such as Swartz and Boyd. Swartz and Knox had been putting up good points for me weeks ago. Dallas has got away from passing to TE, using him on just Blocking.

You picking up Stevenson.  The RB for Patriots who put up huge points.  For you to find that diamond in the rough, and our Free Agency is pretty rough,  You deserve an Award for finding your top player of the week in that pile of garbage Free Agents.  GREAT MOVE and ADDITION TO YOUR TEAM.  He tore The Browns Defense a new one.   

I wanted to get to 5-5 bad, and I was watching Monday game. I was ahead on points until that last Rams drive and Kupp caught some garbage time passes 49ers were willing to give up with the big lead. You beat me 106 to 102. Still, it was that great Free Agent diamond in the rough move you made that beat me. I was glad to see Browns lose though, even if your just added RB clobbered Browns and ME.

I'm still happy Ravens and Browns Lost and Steelers got tied in Pittsburgh by awful Lions. None of them won in Bengals Bye Week.

So I fall to 4-6...No Quit...I try to win next week....It was nice having Henry while it lasted. I could use a lot more out of Josh Allen. He isn't having the year he had last year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 04:30 AM)kevin Wrote: Hats of to Tecmo Bengals beating me by around 4 points.  Your KEY MOVE was picking up in Free Agency the Patriot RB who put up over 20 points for you.  That is hard on 2 counts.  #1. You never know who Patriots coach is going to use at RB week to week.  #2. You got him off our very weak Free Agent Pool.    Yahoo will give you a medal for adding a Free Agent who put up that many points in his first week for you. 

I went with my team that scored 180 points a few weeks back, minus injured Henry.  Same starters.  For some reason Cowboys stopped throwing to Swartz the TE the last 3 or 4 weeks.  Knox didn't do much on his return from injury as Bills TE.  Patrick who was questionable did play for Broncos, but didn't do much.  Arizona Defense looked like a solid choice, but Cowboys Defense on my bench with 20 some points hurt.  I have too many players not getting thrown the ball, such as Swartz and Boyd.  Swartz and Knox had been putting up good points for me weeks ago.  Dallas has got away from passing to TE, using him on just Blocking.

You picking up Stevenson.  The RB for Patriots who put up huge points.  For you to find that diamond in the rough, and our Free Agency is pretty rough,  You deserve an Award for finding your top player of the week in that pile of garbage Free Agents.  GREAT MOVE and ADDITION TO YOUR TEAM.  He tore The Browns Defense a new one.   

I wanted to get to 5-5 bad, and I was watching Monday game.  I was ahead on points until that last Rams drive and Kupp caught some garbage time passes 49ers were willing to give up with the big lead.  You beat me 106 to 102.   Still, it was that great Free Agent diamond in the rough move you made that beat me.  I was glad to see Browns lose though, even if your just added RB clobbered Browns and ME.

I'm still happy Ravens and Browns Lost and Steelers got tied in Pittsburgh by awful Lions.  None of them won in Bengals Bye Week.

So I fall to 4-6...No Quit...I try to win next week....It was nice having Henry while it lasted. I could use a lot more out of Josh Allen. He isn't having the year he had last year.

Luck was on my side as desperation was the weekly theme for my RBs. Stevenson and Moss were both Q up until game time because of concussions so I put in Bell for the Thursday night just to ensure I had an actual player earn points, that was a poor move by me.

I've been sticking with Moss, so of course when I bench him he scores a TD. I got lucky Stevenson had a big game. Had I not had gaps in my roster earlier in the year I'd still have guys on my team I originally drafted or picked up like Renfrow and Freeman. I've over planned and the weird roster configuration has made it that I've had to dump talent I wanted to keep. Strange fantasy season for sure. I'll take the W.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 04:30 AM)kevin Wrote: Hats of to Tecmo Bengals beating me by around 4 points.  Your KEY MOVE was picking up in Free Agency the Patriot RB who put up over 20 points for you.  That is hard on 2 counts.  #1. You never know who Patriots coach is going to use at RB week to week.  #2. You got him off our very weak Free Agent Pool.    Yahoo will give you a medal for adding a Free Agent who put up that many points in his first week for you. 

I went with my team that scored 180 points a few weeks back, minus injured Henry.  Same starters.  For some reason Cowboys stopped throwing to Swartz the TE the last 3 or 4 weeks.  Knox didn't do much on his return from injury as Bills TE.  Patrick who was questionable did play for Broncos, but didn't do much.  Arizona Defense looked like a solid choice, but Cowboys Defense on my bench with 20 some points hurt.  I have too many players not getting thrown the ball, such as Swartz and Boyd.  Swartz and Knox had been putting up good points for me weeks ago.  Dallas has got away from passing to TE, using him on just Blocking.

I wanted to get to 5-5 bad, and I was watching Monday game.  I was ahead on points until that last Rams drive and Kupp caught some garbage time passes 49ers were willing to give up with the big lead.  You beat me 106 to 102.   Still, it was that great Free Agent diamond in the rough move you made that beat me.  I was glad to see Browns lose though, even if your just added RB clobbered Browns and ME.

I'm still happy Ravens and Browns Lost and Steelers got tied in Pittsburgh by awful Lions.  None of them won in Bengals Bye Week.

kev, I don't know what your career choice was/is, but you'd make an awesome sportsbeat writer man.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 01:29 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Alone atop the mountain.  4 game win streak.  Anybody want to crack jokes about mock drafting right about now?

Nah the only thing I'll say, I'm doing fewer mocks next year.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I wish I did this league this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 05:35 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Nah the only thing I'll say, I'm doing fewer mocks next year.  Hilarious

Is that supposed to be a joke at my expense?  Guess what funny guy...
[Image: bane-no.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: scared-brad-pitt.gif]
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
This is my first week where I'm able to field the team I want to roll with and of course, Yahoo predicts I barely win. Other weeks, when I'm plugging in players just to survive, Yahoo was more favorable for my win chances.

I'm going with RBs this week: Harris, Barkley, Stevenson, Scott, and Moss.

My alternative choices, WRs, are going to the bench which means Beasley and Toney will probably have big stats for the day.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 12:12 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: scared-brad-pitt.gif]
Hilarious

You know it doesn't end well for him right?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 11:02 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You know it doesn't end well for him right?  Hilarious

Well, the thing is, I'm better looking then Brad Pitt.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 02:17 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, the thing is, I'm better looking then Brad Pitt.

As a Bengals Fan, it's hard to like an actor whos last name is the beginning of Pitt-sburgh. 

At 4-6, and more bye weeks and injuries, I've decided to not use gimpy or questionable players Thursday Night.   Just not enough turn around time from Sunday.  As one can see by my adds and drops, it's been a tough choice at RB for me.  The Jets seem to let every RB in the NFL have a good day on them, even the back-ups.  So I decided on The Dolphins RB who has been mostly their #2 RB against poor run defense Jets.  That could change by Sunday, but for now I'm using Ravens Freeman and Dolphins Ahmed.  I wanted to be able to make changes after Thursday, Bolden of Patriots is too injury question with other RBs set to go, and the Atlanta RB that I picked up, i see he got his carries when second team put in last week, and the second stringer will be hard pressed to do much against Patriots D, and he may be back to almost no playing time anyway.  So with Henry injured and Williams on bye week, I jumped away from these bad Thursday Night RB choices that I had.  So I'm going with The Dolphins #2 RB to maybe get some Fantasy Points against weak run defense Jets.  With Henry out, Williams on Bye Week, Bolden banged up, Booker not practicing, and our Free Agency not that hot, I had to go to look through the pile of used spare tires and see if there is one bald tire with patches that might get me through the week at RB. It was almost Perine, but then I looked at who was playing The Jets and if any RB available against The Jets. There was Ahmad who Fantasy Leagues were pushing most of year as a good weekly addition. It seems all RBs get a few fantasy points on The Jets, even the second string. So Ahmed became the used spare tire I grabbed out of the garbage bin. On the car and out the door for 10 dollars.

I could use Bengals to start using Boyd again.  I can't drop him.  If Chase or Higgins get injured, Bengals would have to go to Boyd.  Really, they should be using all 3 like the Super Bowl St Louis Rams offense of 20 years ago.  Dallas TE Schultz was no longer getting passes, and neither has Boyd, but I just can't drop Boyd.  If anything happens to Chase or Higgins, Boyd of 1,000 yards each season gets passes again, but he should be getting passes now.  The KEY to Bengals winning is to use all 3, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and hit the open man.   I really don't like it when 2 or 3 are all in the same area, that's bad offense, stretch the defense.  One go Left One go Right, One go up the middle, somebody should get open, and if all covered then Mixon should be wide open for a pass, or Uzomah.  I hang on to Boyd because Bengals are stupid not to be using all their weapons like the St Louis Rams did 20 years ago of Kurt Warner and The Greatest Show On Turf.  Like basketball, the Bengals should be in a too many receivers to cover offense, and Hit The Open Man. Burrow as their Kurt Warner.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 04:11 AM)kevin Wrote: As a Bengals Fan, it's hard to like an actor whos last name is the beginning of Pitt-sburgh. 

At 4-6, and more bye weeks and injuries, I've decided to not use gimpy or questionable players Thursday Night.   Just not enough turn around time from Sunday.  As one can see by my adds and drops, it's been a tough choice at RB for me.  The Jets seem to let every RB in the NFL have a good day on them, even the back-ups.  So I decided on The Dolphins RB who has been mostly their #2 RB against poor run defense Jets.  That could change by Sunday, but for now I'm using Ravens Freeman and Dolphins Ahmed.  I wanted to be able to make changes after Thursday, Bolden of Patriots is too injury question with other RBs set to go, and the Atlanta RB that I picked up, i see he got his carries when second team put in last week, and the second stringer will be hard pressed to do much against Patriots D, and he may be back to almost no playing time anyway.  So with Henry injured and Williams on bye week, I jumped away from these bad Thursday Night RB choices that I had.  So I'm going with The Dolphins #2 RB to maybe get some Fantasy Points against weak run defense Jets.  With Henry out, Williams on Bye Week, Bolden banged up, Booker not practicing, and our Free Agency not that hot, I had to go to look through the pile of used spare tires and see if there is one bald tire with patches that might get me through the week at RB.  It was almost Perine, but then I looked at who was playing The Jets and if any RB available against The Jets. There was Ahmad who Fantasy Leagues were pushing most of year as a good weekly addition. It seems all RBs get a few fantasy points on The Jets, even the second string. So Ahmed became the used spare tire I grabbed out of the garbage bin. On the car and out the door for 10 dollars.

I could use Bengals to start using Boyd again.  I can't drop him.  If Chase or Higgins get injured, Bengals would have to go to Boyd.  Really, they should be using all 3 like the Super Bowl St Louis Rams offense of 20 years ago.  Dallas TE Schultz was no longer getting passes, and neither has Boyd, but I just can't drop Boyd.  If anything happens to Chase or Higgins, Boyd of 1,000 yards each season gets passes again, but he should be getting passes now.  The KEY to Bengals winning is to use all 3, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and hit the open man.   I really don't like it when 2 or 3 are all in the same area, that's bad offense, stretch the defense.  One go Left One go Right, One go up the middle, somebody should get open, and if all covered then Mixon should be wide open for a pass, or Uzomah.  I hang on to Boyd because Bengals are stupid not to be using all their weapons like the St Louis Rams did 20 years ago of Kurt Warner and The Greatest Show On Turf.  Like basketball, the Bengals should be in a too many receivers to cover offense, and Hit The Open Man. Burrow as their Kurt Warner.

We play each other this week, im sure its gonna be a low scoring matchup with someone getting an ugly win. Also whatever slim chance we have at the playoffs is basically gone for the loser this week.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 07:34 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: We play each other this week, im sure its gonna be a low scoring matchup with someone getting an ugly win. Also whatever slim chance we have at the playoffs is basically gone for the loser this week.

Well, I sincerely wish you both luck.  But look at it this way Bob.  Whoever wins this week between you and kev, might end up facing me.  That's no good.  And whoever loses, well, there's always next year.  Of course, I will be returning as well, so there's that.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I am honestly sincere in saying I've had more fun this year, than I think any other year. Several guys don't get in here much. But it's been competitive as crap just putting a lineup together.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 05:37 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, I sincerely wish you both luck.  But look at it this way Bob.  Whoever wins this week between you and kev, might end up facing me.  That's no good.  And whoever loses, well, there's always next year.  Of course, I will be returning as well, so there's that.

Hilarious

All it takes is you having one really really bad week and me somehow scoring over 80 points and you'd be out of the playoffs, sounds simple enough.  Ninja

(11-19-2021, 05:40 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I am honestly sincere in saying I've had more fun this year, than I think any other year.  Several guys don't get in here much.  But it's been competitive as crap just putting a lineup together.

I think everyone's been active,seems like every year 2-3 guys just never change lineups or pickup free agents after week 1 but that didn't really happen this year thankfully.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 10:53 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: All it takes is you having one really really bad week and me somehow scoring over 80 points and you'd be out of the playoffs, sounds simple enough.  Ninja

I think everyone's been active,seems like every year 2-3 guys just never change lineups or pickup free agents after week 1 but that didn't really happen this year thankfully.

It's really not funny.  But it is.  I just seem to have gotten lucky, and my team is fully healthy, and sorta' the best of what's left healthy.  Lol  But I went into the playoffs last year riding high, and Mantooth took me down in the Championship game like a little child.

Yeah, everybody has been active.  I haven't seen anyone not fix their lineup.  I just wish some of the guys would trash talk a little more.  Hell, I don't think coach has said a word?

But that's okay, we have kevin now.
Reply/Quote