Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(09-29-2016, 05:27 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yup.  Thats going to be some BS if you get both of them this week and I get neither.  Either push it through today, or hold off until monday if not possible.  Guess I should have thought about that.

Realistically I think its a fair trade.  I have other backs performing well and need some help at WR.
It will be one or the other. Landry will lock tonight, so if he approves it after the game starts it won't go through until after the week is over.

I still would like to see go through before though.  That way I know if I still need to grab a back or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:38 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I gotta give the nod to Urinal I think he got the better deal.

Freeman and Coleman both have looked good splitting carries and I think Urinal just capitalized on a great week by Freeman largely because he was playing one of the worst defenses in football. Landry is a PPR machine and by far the best weapon Miami has so I think he will be more consistent.

Thanks cage.  Also, I found the other half of your phallus that you broke off inside me last week.  Assuming that was just a tip for good service.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:38 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I gotta give the nod to Urinal I think he got the better deal.

Freeman and Coleman both have looked good splitting carries and I think Urinal just capitalized on a great week by Freeman largely because he was playing one of the worst defenses in football. Landry is a PPR machine and by far the best weapon Miami has so I think he will be more consistent.

I'm just hoping they start letting Freeman get back to being the guy.  He's clearly a lot better player.  Coleman is only averaging 3.4 yards a carry, while Freeman is averaging 6.3.  Almost double.  He's way better in the pass game too.  I don't get why they have a near split in carries.

It's a risky move for me, for sure.  But man is my back situation messed up:  Lacy, so far disappointing, and on a bye. Langford, been terrible, and now hurt for 3-4 weeks.  Arian Foster, made of glass, shown nothing.  Derrick Henry, waiting behind Demarco Murray.  Sproles on a bye.

Landy is super solid though.  Even his bad game usually result in 10+ points. Landy has been better than his 3-4 grade, while Freeman has been worse than his 1-2 round grade. Seems really fair. I'm actually kinda shocked it worked out so easily.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:52 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Also, I found the other half of your phallus that you broke off inside me last week.  Assuming that was just a tip for good service.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Coleman keeps vulchuring all his TD's.  Coleman had 3 last week  Gaah

Noticed that. Yeah that's what makes this a fair deal. Freeman had 12 TDs rushing last year and 0 through 3 games this year. You can only hope that trend doesn't continue through the whole season.

(09-29-2016, 05:27 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Realistically I think its a fair trade.  I have other backs performing well and need some help at WR.

True. I'd say the trade makes sense on both sides.

Yeah but Freeman is in the NFCS, so that means facing the Bucs and Saints defenses multiple times. The TD vulturing is a big concern, but isn't Freeman still getting the majority of touches? And don't forget that Freeman had 73 catches last year and like 9-10 catches this year. That greatly helps his value in a PPR.

If Freeman picks up his TD pace, I think toast wins. If not, maybe urinal gets the better of it. Pretty fair overall now that I've really thought about it though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm just hoping they start letting Freeman get back to being the guy.  He's clearly a lot better player.  Coleman is only averaging 3.4 yards a carry, while Freeman is averaging 6.3.  Almost double.  He's way better in the pass game too.  I don't get why they have a near split in carries.

It's a risky move for me, for sure.  But man is my back situation messed up:  Lacy, so far disappointing, and on a bye. Langford, been terrible, and now hurt for 3-4 weeks.  Arian Foster, made of glass, shown nothing.  Derrick Henry, waiting behind Demarco Murray.  Sproles on a bye.

Landy is super solid though.  Even his bad game usually result in 10+ points.  Landy has been better than his 3-4 grade, while Freeman has been worse than his 1-2 round grade.  Seems really fair.  I'm actually kinda shocked it worked out so easily.

Looking at your roster I think it helped round out your team so I could see it being a win for both. Steve Smith is gonna have to step it up though for it to work out. I'm surprised by how little the Packers want to get Lacy involved kind of a head scratcher. I think it's a risk like you said but no guts no glory. I can see why you felt like you had to make a move.

Just out of curiousity would you have traded Landry for McCoy?

(09-29-2016, 06:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah but Freeman is in the NFCS, so that means facing the Bucs and Saints defenses multiple times. The TD vulturing is a big concern, but isn't Freeman still getting the majority of touches? And don't forget that Freeman had 73 catches last year and like 9-10 catches this year. That greatly helps his value in a PPR.

If Freeman picks up his TD pace, I think toast wins. If not, maybe urinal gets the better of it. Pretty fair overall now that I've really thought about it though.

True if Freeman plays New Orleans or Tampa in the playoffs that's as good as it gets. Yeah Freeman is out touching Coleman by 4-7 carries a game I believe. I think the key is if the Falcons are gonna stay committed to a 2 back system and choose to keep giving Coleman goal line work. I remember last year the Falcons coaches were really high on Coleman before he got injured so they may keeping giving him shots.
Reply/Quote
I changed the trade rejection option to "none", to see if your trade could go through. I didn't even see an option for swapping your players manually. It might be there, but I don't get the full site on my cell phone and I'm not at home to hop on a computer.

Apologies in advance if anyone is upset that I changed the trade rejection rules...it's a special circumstance for two special people, and I'll change it back tomorrow. Nothing looked very unfair, and I don't think anyone else would think so.

...really though, I don't even know if it'll work. It might still take a couple of days to process.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 07:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I changed the trade rejection option to "none", to see if your trade could go through.  I didn't even see an option for swapping your players manually. It might be there, but I don't get the full site on my cell phone and I'm not at home to hop on a computer.

Apologies in advance if anyone is upset that I changed the trade rejection rules...it's a special circumstance for two special people, and I'll change it back tomorrow.  Nothing looked very unfair, and I don't think anyone else would think so.  

...really though, I don't even know if it'll work. It might still take a couple of days to process.

awww.  stop it.

looks like its set to go through mon since landry plays tonight.  hopefully neither of these 2 get hurt while on the other players team.

Nevermind.  It went through.  Thanks bud.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 07:39 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: awww.  stop it.

looks like its set to go through mon since landry plays tonight.  hopefully neither of these 2 get hurt while on the other players team.

The trade is complete. Only because I saw that is what the Commish deemed. I told Toast I wasn't going to expedite. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The trade is complete. Only because I saw that is what the Commish deemed. I told Toast I wasn't going to expedite. 

My bad, dude. I wasn't trying to overstep here. I didn't see a message against it, so I thought it'd be all good.

I will resign due to my abuse of executive powers if needed.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The trade is complete. Only because I saw that is what the Commish deemed. I told Toast I wasn't going to expedite. 

well then thank you as well sir.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 07:50 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: My bad, dude. I wasn't trying to overstep here. I didn't see a message against it, so I thought it'd be all good.

I will resign due to my abuse of executive powers if needed.

Nope, I think you can stay as Commish. It was a PM then I logged on here and saw all were in favor. One of the only folks that could have possibly been upset was me as I play Vas, Rager is the only other person that it effects this week

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, I think you can stay as Commish. It was a PM then I logged on here and saw all were in favor. One of the only folks that could have possibly been upset was me as I play Vas, Rager is the only other person that it effects this week

Hey, I'm in the camp of "you drafted them, you are stuck with them".  If someone wants to upgrade their roster, use the scrap heap...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hey, is the current review period built in for members to vote on the trade, or is it just built in to give the commish time to look at it? I'm just curious, cuz I don't really know if I should be looking at it.

Just my 2 cents. In my main league, and another money league, we eventually changed it to where only the commish has control over whether to veto a trade, and that's only to be done when it's obviously unfair. The league vote was to hard to get everyone to vote on and in a few cases lead to some pretty big arguments. Ex: 1 person is playing a team that week and vetoes the trade just because of that and not because it's unfair.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 08:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hey, is the current review period built in for members to vote on the trade, or is it just built in to give the commish time to look at it?  I'm just curious, cuz I don't really know if I should be looking at it.

Just my 2 cents.  In my main league, and another money league, we eventually changed it to where only the commish has control over whether to veto a trade, and that's only to be done when it's obviously unfair.  The league vote was to hard to get everyone to vote on and  in a few cases lead to some pretty big arguments. Ex: 1 person is playing a team that week and vetoes the trade just because of that and not because it's unfair.

It was set that the league could review for 2 days and if a majority of the league voted against it, it was cancelled. No one had to vote for it. Commish had Veto power.

Now the Commish alone (well me or JC) can approve trades and they are immediate. 

Don't read my comments as being against trades or the Commish only tool. 

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 08:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey, I'm in the camp of "you drafted them, you are stuck with them".  If someone wants to upgrade their roster, use the scrap heap...

Ah, come on!  That's no fun!  Trades in fantasy are part of the fun.  Fantasy football allows me to do all the things the Bengals don't, like try to actually improve my team. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:39 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Just out of curiousity would you have traded Landry for McCoy?

Hmmm, that would have been a tougher call.  Probably not though.  I probably would have tried to package Landry with someone to see if I can snag another player with McCoy as another small upgrade.

I'm just not convinced he's going to do a ton there on a consistent basis. Plus last year was such a disappointment. Plus, they're still only getting him like 15 carries a game.  And for someone reason they refuse to use a bunch in their pass game, which seems weird to me with their offense.
Reply/Quote
Even though Landry didn't have a big game, this is why I think he's so valuable as a WR2. His team is held to 7 pts, held scoreless like the last 50 minutes, he only had 1 short catch at half, his QB is held to under 200 yards, and he still get over 13 pts. If there were ever a game for him to just totally crap the bed it would have been this one. Yet he still put up an ok day.

He may never put up AJ Green lines, but he's a really great 2nd guy to have. You can almost always count on him for a decent day. Something like 15, 20, 26, 12, 18pt stat lines during a stretch of games.
Reply/Quote
2 years in a row I've fallen victim to the Bills and their shitty medical staff...

Last year it was McCoy and his ankle. They said he was fine and then he had a setback shortly after he started practicing. The Bills played McCoy on one leg for half the season before benching him for 3 or 4 games to actually heal.

Same thing with Watkins his foot was fine until he actually started playing football and now he's on IR after he clearly wasn't ready.

I will never draft anyone on the Bills again. At least not until really late. Our medical staff is miles ahead of those clown ins Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
Really wish I would have started Matt Ryan. Facepalm
Reply/Quote