Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
Well my team is awful.

Where did It all go wrong?

1. Drafting Jimmy Graham (I knew it was a mistake as soon as I made the pick.)
  2. Drafting Andre Elliington
  3. Relying on Matthew Stafford
  4. Rex Ryan running McCoy into the ground.

My plan was to take a QB late I had my eye on Rivers, Ryan and Stafford I thought they would do better then expected. I relied on Stafford a lot to have a great season which sounds crazy looking back on it. I thought Calvin Johnson would rebound, they finally had a respectable defense and Ebron was going to step up. What I didn't account for was Jim Caldwell.

If Rex Ryan and the Bills didn't decide to give McCoy the green light before he fully recovered he wouldn't have been playing injured and miss as many games as he did. Karlos Williams was healthy so the team was in good hands.

Either way you slice it it was not a good year for me. If anyone has anything else to add feel free. LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 03:57 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Well my team is awful.

Where did It all go wrong?

1. Drafting Jimmy Graham (I knew it was a mistake as soon as I made the pick.)
  2. Drafting Andre Elliington
  3. Relying on Matthew Stafford
  4. Rex Ryan running McCoy into the ground.

My plan was to take a QB late I had my eye on Rivers, Ryan and Stafford I thought they would do better then expected. I relied on Stafford a lot to have a great season which sounds crazy looking back on it. I thought Calvin Johnson would rebound, they finally had a respectable defense and Ebron was going to step up. What I didn't account for was Jim Caldwell.

If Rex Ryan and the Bills didn't decide to give McCoy the green light before he fully recovered he wouldn't have been playing injured and miss as many games as he did. Karlos Williams was healthy so the team was in good hands.

Either way you slice it it was not a good year for me. If anyone has anything else to add feel free. LOL

My team took a nose dive, when Ben R. went down.  Not only did it take away huge points from QB, but neither of the back ups use Bryant, the way Ben does.  So, been basically down my two biggest production players for a few weeks.  I feel your pain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Back to .500, in what's been a super-competitive league so far. 8 teams at 2-2, and only Shake looking to have a dominant team at the moment.

The smartest and best poster just so happens to have the best fantasy team as well? Go figure.  Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 01:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The smartest and best poster just so happens to have the best fantasy team as well? Go figure.  Cool

It's definitely looking decent for me, but the Charles injury may be hard to overcome.  I don't know that I'd call it the best team though.  You and Toast look like you have that locked up for now.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
ISO RB help. PM me if you're interested in negotiations.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 02:24 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's definitely looking decent for me, but the Charles injury may be hard to overcome. I don't know that I'd call it the best team though.  You and Toast look like you have that locked up for now.

I'd have to look at your roster, but I'm sure you can overcome that somehow. Did you pick up Knile Davis or Charcandrick West?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I need Rivers to throw for another 10,000 yards today. Confused
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
What time do teams announce if a player is starting or sitting?

Nevermind, I forgot that the Jax/Buf game is already on. Looks like I'm going with Bortles again...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
How/when do we choose our keepers?

So basically we pick 2 players on our team to keep for next year and the rest go back into the draft? Never done a keeper league before.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 04:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My team took a nose dive, when Ben R. went down.  Not only did it take away huge points from QB, but neither of the back ups use Bryant, the way Ben does.  So, been basically down my two biggest production players for a few weeks.  I feel your pain.

I was lucky enough to feel the wrath of Rothlisberger right before he got injured. :snark:
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:43 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I need Rivers to throw for another 10,000 yards today.   Confused

You could have just started Ryan Tannehill...ballin'. 
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:21 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd have to look at your roster, but I'm sure you can overcome that somehow. Did you pick up Knile Davis or Charcandrick West?

No. I thought about Davis, but I got burned with him on my team a couple of years ago.  It's made me not expect much of him.  I ended up picking up James Starks to fill the hole.

My RBs are now: 

Justin Forsett
Melvin Gordon
James Starks
Bishop Sankey

It's rough out here.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 01:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The smartest and best poster just so happens to have the best fantasy team as well? Go figure.  Cool

Thanks, man. You're too kind.   Big Grin
Reply/Quote
So I had 3 guys score less than 1 point this week. Yet I'm winning 114-84 Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:32 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So I had 3 guys score less than 1 point this week. Yet I'm winning 114-84  Ninja

Not anymore. Danny Woodhead went off in garbage time and gave me 33 points. I got my first win. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 06:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Thanks, man. You're too kind.   Big Grin

How's that Arian Foster "steal" looking?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How's that Arian Foster "steal" looking?

It was looking ***** great until today.  Fortunately for me, I still have Forte, Gio and Duke Johnson.

My biggest problem is QB.  Peyton Manning is toast.  (Pun intended)
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How's that Arian Foster "steal" looking?

PS How is 10th place looking?
Reply/Quote
Well my game with toast/Wes lived up to the billing. I lost 157-161. I managed to post that score without Randall Cobb, Gates or Broncos DST (top DST in fantasy). Wes was without Forte, Peyton and one of his top WR's I believe.

Congrats man. I think we'll be going back and forth the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 01:12 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: How/when do we choose our keepers?

So basically we pick 2 players on our team to keep for next year and the rest go back into the draft? Never done a keeper league before.

Yeah, how does this work?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote