Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official GOP Debate Thread
Frankly I can't see why more presidential hopefuls don't just name call and insist they are the greatest thing ever.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/08/08/trump-fires-back-in-kellyred-state-flap/

Quote:Donald Trump is firing back on the Megyn Kelly episode in what for him is a familiar fashion — with a string of television appearances, and a long and scathing statement attacking his critics.

The New York businessman plans to hit Sunday morning talk shows on CNN, CBS, NBC and ABC in the wake of criticism over his suggestion that Kelly asked him harsh questions in the Thursday debate because of menstruation.

A day after Kelly asked Trump about past insults to women, the billionaire told CNN late Friday about the Fox News anchor: “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever.”

Erick Erickson, organizer of the Red State Gathering of conservative activists, disinvited the billionaire from addressing the group Saturday, saying the “wherever” comment suggests that Trump believes Kelly asked him tough questions because she was having her period.

“I don’t want my daughter in the same room with Donald Trump,” Erickson said.

The Trump campaign responded with the following statement:

Quote:Mr. Trump made Megyn Kelly look really bad — she was a mess with her anger and totally caught off guard. Mr. Trump said “blood was coming out of her eyes and whatever” meaning nose, but wanted to move on to more important topics. Only a deviant would think anything else. This related to the debate, which because of Mr. Trump had 24 million viewers — the biggest in cable news history. According to TIME, Newsmax, Drudge Report, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Hill and many others, Mr. Trump won the debate.

By the way, the guy (Erick Erickson) who made the decision about RedState called Supreme Court Justice David Souter a “goat [expletive] child molester” and First Lady Michelle Obama a “Marxist Harpy.” He was forced to make a humbling apology.

Also, not only is Erick a total loser, he has a history of supporting establishment losers in failed campaigns so it is an honor to be uninvited from his event. Mr. Trump is an outsider and does not fit his agenda.

Many of the 900 people that wanted to hear Mr. Trump speak tonight have been calling and emailing — they are very angry at Erickson and the others that are trying to be so politically correct. To them Mr. Trump says, “We will catch you at another time soon.”

He's delusional. Period.

I almost hope the GOP faithful get what they seem to want.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/08/08/donald-trump-megyn-kelly-redstate-gathering/31334425/

Quote:In addition to the criticism over the Kelly comment, Trump also had to deal with a shake-up in his organization. A campaign statement said Trump fired Roger Stone, saying the adviser wanted to use the presidential bid "for his own personal publicity."

Stone said he resigned, tweeting that he "fired Trump" because of the campaign's diversion to a "food fight" with Kelly, rather than a focus on "core issue messages."

In Thursday night's debate in Cleveland, Kelly reminded Trump he has described women as "fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals," among other insults. She asked Trump how he would answer claims by Democrats that Republicans are engaged in a "war on women."

Trump described the complaints as examples of "political correctness," and told the Fox News moderator: "Honestly, Megyn, if you don't like it, I'm sorry. I've been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me."

In the Saturday statement, the Trump campaign said that, during the debate, he made Kelly "look really bad — she was a mess with her anger and totally caught off guard."

Responding to Trump's attack on him, Erickson said, "it is not political correctness — it is common sense."

Trump leads in early Republican presidential polls, but his scathing comments about critics throughout the campaign are generating increased opposition.

RedState Gathering attendees seemed to support Trump's dismissal, saying the Republicans have enough trouble with female voters as it is.

Trump "just continues to shoot himself in the foot," said Gene Hood, 57, a self-employed education consultant from Canton, Ga. She added that the eventual GOP nominee "has to be able to attract women, and he is just alienating women right and left."

Other attendees said they had looked forward to Trump's speech. Cindy LaMar, 62, from Newburgh, Ind., noted that Erickson is a Fox News contributor and that relationship may have contributed to his decision to dis-invite the billionaire.

"But again, it's his event, and he can do what he chooses," LaMar said.

Sally Fawcett, 72, a retired teacher from Sarasota, Fla., said Trump would have been a "distraction" from the event. She also found Trump's comments "insulting," but added "I'm sure Megyn can handle it."
(08-07-2015, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really haven't heard anybody reputable suggest Trump won the debate.

"Reputable" doesn't really matter when you're talking about elections.

The polls show voters still support Trump, to the tune of 10+ more points than anybody else in the race.

I agree, though, that Republican voters are not reputable. Wink
(08-10-2015, 12:11 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: "Reputable" doesn't really matter when you're talking about elections.

The polls show voters still support Trump, to the tune of 10+ more points than anybody else in the race.

I agree, though, that Republican voters are not reputable. Wink

Polling vs progressives. Big surge of Conservatives that do not want any progressives.

Saw an NBC poll where Cruz was in 2nd. It's NBC so can only imagine how credible lol
(08-10-2015, 01:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Polling vs progressives.    Big surge of Conservatives that do not want any progressives.  

Saw an NBC poll where Cruz was in 2nd.    It's NBC so can only imagine how credible lol

Yes, do not trust the polls. Just like you guys didn't trust them in November 2012. Rolleyes
(08-10-2015, 02:26 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yes, do not trust the polls. Just like you guys didn't trust them in November 2012. Rolleyes

I made that same argument in another thread.
(08-10-2015, 01:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Polling vs progressives.    Big surge of Conservatives that do not want any progressives.  

Saw an NBC poll where Cruz was in 2nd.    It's NBC so can only imagine how credible lol

That poll has it Trump, Cruz, Carson in that order 1-3.

The three LEAST able to run a country.  The GOP is gonna get what they deserve if they go with the American Idol method of selecting.
(08-10-2015, 08:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: That poll has it Trump, Cruz, Carson in that order 1-3.

The three LEAST able to run a country.  The GOP is gonna get what they deserve if they go with the American Idol method of selecting.

Cruz unable to run the country? He would do fine, and with him the corruption would stop. He would go after anyone who violated the law. Which we need instead of each party letting the other off the hook.

Carson worries me on some of his stances on guns. He wants to ban in some Cities.
(08-10-2015, 04:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cruz unable to run the country?  He would do fine, and with him the corruption would stop.  He would go after anyone who violated the law.   Which we need instead of each party letting the other off the hook.  

Carson worries me on some of his stances on guns.   He wants to ban in some Cities.

I imagine he has a list, right there in his pocket, of "evil doers" to go after.  Ninja

Carson worries me because he's a brilliant surgeon who wants to ignore any other science.
(08-10-2015, 04:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: I imagine he has a list, right there in his pocket, of "evil doers" to go after.  Ninja

Carson worries me because he's a brilliant surgeon who wants to ignore any other science.

You should do some legitmate research on Cruz positions. Instead of just assuming.

I'm not sold on Carson at this point. I like what he says on some things .
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what Trump's stances are on say:

Military
Wars
Abortion
Terrorists
China
OPEC
Tax System (business and personal)
Common Core
Same-Sex Marriage
Death Penalty

?
We already know that he wants to build a wall along the US-Mexico border and that Mexico will pay for it. Seems that some people are laughing when he says that, but of all of the guys up there on the stage, he's the one that I think could actually pull that off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
IMO it's going to be very difficult for a GOP to ever win the Presidency again.

The dems have over 200 electoral votes in the bag before a vote is even cast.

As for Trump, he's a stooge, and I can't believe that he has that many supporters that believe he's a worthwhile candidate.

He reinforces to me why I left the GOP. Apparently their voters are as low-info and obsessed with hollow talk as the other side.
(08-10-2015, 06:25 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: IMO it's going to be very difficult for a GOP to ever win the Presidency again.  

As for Trump, he's a stooge, and I can't believe that he has that many supporters that believe he's a worthwhile candidate.  

He reinforces to me why I left the GOP.  Apparently their voters are as low-info and obsessed with hollow talk as the other side.

If they keep putting progressives up as candidates your exactly right. That's also why they have tried to tamp down the tea party people. Soon the tea party people will have enough to get a proper speaker in the house. That will change things because they will use the power of the purse.
(08-10-2015, 06:25 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: IMO it's going to be very difficult for a GOP to ever win the Presidency again.  

He reinforces to me why I left the GOP.  Apparently their voters are as low-info and obsessed with hollow talk as the other side.

Which clearly explains why Ronald Reagan won by such a landslide...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Trump using his own money. He won't be owing to anyone.
Trump/Suckabee 2016
(08-10-2015, 07:31 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Trump using his own money. He won't be owing to anyone.
Trump/Suckabee 2016

Looking more and more like Trump/Cruz 2016.  (at this point in time, anyway)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-10-2015, 05:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone know what Trump's stances are on say:

Military
Wars
Abortion
Terrorists
China
OPEC
Tax System (business and personal)
Common Core
Same-Sex Marriage
Death Penalty

?
We already know that he wants to build a wall along the US-Mexico border and that Mexico will pay for it. Seems that some people are laughing when he says that, but of all of the guys up there on the stage, he's the one that I think could actually pull that off.

His plan is to make them all great, you loser.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(08-10-2015, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which clearly explains why Ronald Reagan won by such a landslide...

31 years ago. 

It's a completely different culture now. 

War on women, cons are racist bigots, cons want to throw your grandma off the cliff, etc. 

Do you think there will ever be another GOP candidate that wins 49 states again? 
(08-10-2015, 07:45 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: 31 years ago. 

War on women, cons are racist bigots, cons want to throw your grandma off the cliff, etc. 

Do you think there will ever be another GOP candidate that wins 49 states again? 

America is an unpredictable place, sometimes.  I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-10-2015, 07:45 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: 31 years ago. 

If the GOP nominates a true tea party conservative then they will win. I think Cruz will have a tough go in a general with some independents. Paul would landslide a general . But the progressives in the GOP are doing what they can to scare voters on his foreign policy stance.