Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oline - where is it really ?
(03-06-2020, 10:13 PM)slim 751 Wrote: I am really afraid my Bengals are going to blow this once in a lifetime chance.Drafting the"generational talent"qb and not putting The Very Best offensive line possible around him makes absolutely no sense.A run game and good o line play should be their priority.

Who says that they're not going to improve the OL?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who says that they're not going to improve the OL?

I know you weren't asking me Sunset but I would have to say history says so.

Just hope history is wrong.

I think history might be wrong this time around though. This is the time to do it.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know you weren't asking me Sunset but I would have to say history says so.

Just hope history is wrong.

I think history might be wrong this time around though. This is the time to do it.

The last time we drafted a QB #1, our starting LT was drafted the year prior. So, Levi Jones did well, but our OL was not great back then.

But, CP also did not start his rookie year.

Edited
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The last time we drafted a QB #1, our starting RT was drafted the year prior. So, Levi Jones did well, but our OL was not great back then.

But, CP also did not start his rookie year.

I thought Willie was our RT the last time around.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I thought Willie was our RT the last time around.

My bad, corrected it. Levi was our LT
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My bad, corrected it. Levi was our LT

It is all good, hope Jonah can be as good as Levi or hopefully Whit. That would be great for all. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know you weren't asking me Sunset but I would have to say history says so.

How so?

Over the last two years we have used both of our first round picks on o-linemen and also traded for one of the highest paid OTs in the league.

Over the last 5 drafts we have used four first/second round picks on O-line.
Reply/Quote
People should really go back and look at the #1 pick in the 2nd round when we drafted Palmer. History says we will put a ton of resources into the offense when we draft a QB.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 03:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How so?

Over the last two years we have used both of our first round picks on o-linemen and also traded for one of the highest paid OTs in the league.

Over the last 5 drafts we have used four first/second round picks on O-line.

That is all true, I was just referring to Free Agency specifically and trying to go out and get a top tier O-lineman.

I liked the trade at the time for Glenn, unfortunately Glenn gets hurt a lot and is a soft run blocker.

They definitely try to get lineman in the Draft, just hasn't worked out lately.

(03-07-2020, 04:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: People should really go back and look at the #1 pick in the 2nd round when we drafted Palmer.  History says we will put a ton of resources into the offense when we draft a QB.

Who was the second pick again?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who was the second pick again?

Eric Steinbach.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 04:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eric Steinbach.

Ah, great pick. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote