Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The 'Ones' for Thursday Night??
I just checked all the preseason games, #4, from 2011 through 2015.

First of all I had no clue that the Bengals always play the Colts the last preseason game every year?

Secondly, from 2011 through 2013, Lewis started the Ones for game #4. He did not start them in 2014 and 2015.

So, does he start them Thursday?

My opinion says no way. He should rest all of them and let the other 33 players play.
Reply/Quote
with the injuries this off-season, we might see a series from the ones, but i doubt it's anything more than that.
Reply/Quote
I cannot come up with one logical scenario that suggests any starter should play Thursday night. Let them sit and we will see you in New York.
Reply/Quote
I hope not, with a few exceptions. I'd like to see all WR's outside of Green, and also see more Shawn Williams and maybe our LB's. Oh and Uzomah if he's considered a starter at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would bet a ton of money that we don't see anyone that means anything to this team on the field other than kickers and punters.

I suppose you might see McCarron, but outside of that I don't think you'll see too many key guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:41 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: I cannot come up with one logical scenario that suggests any starter should play Thursday night.  Let them sit and we will see you in New York.

You mean New Jersey. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
all we know for sure is it wont be the peerman bowl for the first time in a long time
Reply/Quote
Believe the starters will play one series. The ones that are 100% healthy that is.

and yes they always play the Colts it seems. Short travel and have had good QB's for awhile so that is ok.

Not even really wanting to attend since my Louisville Cards are playing opener at same time.

But will be there unless bad storms arise, and DVR the Cards win.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This game is gonna be all about special teams for me. Hopefully Erickson showcases why the coaches chose him over Tate.
Reply/Quote
The 'Twos' are the new number 'Ones'. 

At least for this Thursday. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Unless there's still some question on who fits where and when on receiver, I expect it will be second team.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the majority of the "ones" should even dress for Thursday. Let Andy, Green, Gio, Whit, Geno, Dunlap, Pacman, and even Kirkpatrick stay in street clothes. The newer receivers need work, so I would have them play a series or two, but most of the actual "core" has nothing to gain by playing a single snap this week.
Reply/Quote
Lewis should not even let the 1's warm up....... (Adam, this is directed at you).....lol
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I could see a couple of starters getting some snaps. I expect to see some Lafell in there. I also expect Bodine to get some exchanges with AJ Mac.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, I could see a couple of starters getting some snaps. I expect to see some Lafell in there. I also expect Bodine to get some exchanges with AJ Mac.

LaFell makes sense since he didn't get much work at all.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't even allow any of the starters in the stadium on Thursday. I'd make them stay home and watch the game on their couches.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:41 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: I cannot come up with one logical scenario that suggests any starter should play Thursday night.  Let them sit and we will see you in New York.

I could see a series or two of nothing but passes to people not named Green, Bernard, or Hill.  
Reply/Quote
the risk isn't worth the reward, no irreplaceable #1's should be playing for us.............
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Just listened to the Lewis press conference. No one asked him about the starters Thursday and he didn't bring it up, which I thought unusual.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Secondly, from 2011 through 2013, Lewis started the Ones for game #4.  He did not start them in 2014 and 2015.

So, does he start them Thursday?

Here's what you do with our starting 22 on Thursday night:

[Image: Bubble%20wrap%202.jpg]

[Image: Cincinnati+Bengals+v+New+England+Patriot...zhCv9l.jpg]
Reply/Quote