Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I am Hearing a Day Out
(04-27-2022, 05:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Bryce Hall is a sleeper to end up in the 1st. 

I heard today, the Bills could make a play for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I heard today, the Bills could make a play for him.

As a backup in case Josh Allen goes down? Seems early for a contender to go after a QB...

They need tacklers on Defense after that showing against the Chiefs, that and guys that can cover...

Or are you guys talking about Breece Hall the RB from Iowa State? I could see this maybe.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As a backup in case Josh Allen goes down? Seems early for a contender to go after a QB...

They need tacklers on Defense after that showing against the Chiefs, that and guys that can cover...

Or are you guys talking about Breece Hall the RB from Iowa State? I could see this maybe.

the RB Breece Hall. You're thinking Bryce Young QB for Bama lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just figured I'd throw this in here as I talked to a guy who is in a personnel department for an NFL team at lunch today.

• Did mention the Bengals have had conversations with some teams at top of the 2nd round, but that is normal for teams on the backside of the draft just checking in on potential interest to come up. Doesn't mean it's happening but definitely in play.
  • Potentially 7 WR's going in the 1st round could shake up who is actually there late in the round in a good way for us. It also may come into play for the scenario above as people try to get back up to get the last of a run on them.
  • Kenyon Green's knee is a major concern to some teams, not so much to others, so he could be a weird faller like we saw last year with Tevin Jenkins. In a similar vein, watch for Nakobe Dean and Devin Lloyd to also have some drops around injury concerns.
  • The media narrative right now is that more people want to move back than up, this particular person thinks plenty want to come up into the late top 10 early teens but are keeping it quiet so we could see chaos at that point.
  • QB trades could come into play late Thursday night into Friday during the day (Mayfield, Jimmy G, and Jordan Love). Sounds like some of the teams are waiting to see what happens with Ridder and Pickett specifically.

These were the main things I was told, as always take them for what they are worth 3rd hand knowledge from a guy on a message board.

Good stuff.  My inside guy has said that DT is a strong possibility at #31 if the right guy is there.  Depth at CB (in the draft) doesn't force their hand at #31.  They are high on 3 different UC players that could fit them, but all 3 could be gone before they (the Bengals) are projecting them.  In other words, no one is sleeping on UC talent.  They like Linderbaum, especially Pollack, but feel like a lot of resources have already been allocated there and they don't want to give up on Carman.  Surprisingly, he commented about D'Ante Smith's training and his dedication to putting on good weight, despite how much he feels like a tackle to me.  I guess if they see him as a solid backup plan to Carman, Linderbaum would lose some level of attention.  

I joked and asked if they would accept a trade with the Ravens should they want to come back in to the first round, and he said that they always listen.  He then joked that he might not like lining up over DJ Reader twice a year.  

He also said they haven't given up on signing Bates long-term, and they could even put the tag on him a second time.  

He wouldn't tell me if Wyatt was off their board (or moved way down) due to the domestic violence charges, even though they were dropped.  He wasn't given me a clue there.  In my mind, ZT has stayed the course with character and probably wouldn't risk it.  Should be interesting as a lot of teams might be moving Wyatt down for the aforementioned reasoning.  

That's all I got, folks.  Enjoy tonight!  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can definitely see the Bengals trading down out of the first round a few spots. That first round 5th year option is very valuable, so if another team wants to move up for that 31st pick and give the Bengals a sweet deal to do so, they can definitely trade down which I am good with actually.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I heard from my crazy Aunt Phyllis who knows a guy that knows a guy...Bengals are going after WR in Rd 1!
(Let's build that smokescreen lol)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote