Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Overdraft mock draft
So the concept here is sort of the antithesis of BPA. Instead of getting the BPA I'm reaching at least a little for players with the notion that it means I'd at least get some of who I want. Here goes:

1 Reuben Foster ILB
2 Pat Elfein C - Local guy and would have an honest competition with Bodine for starting at Center this year.
3 Daeshon Hall DE - I have him going in the 4th round but my eyes believe he is better than that. I know some here are over the 'super big DE' who can bat passes, but there is a reason we have sought them -- ben roethlisberger is still gonna be around for another 2-3 years at least and you need someone who is that big to bring him down.
4a Adam Bisnowaty OT - OK it is tougher to say if this is overdrafting or not. I have him going towards the end of the 4th round after Chad Wheeler, Davenport and Holden. It may not be a huge reach but an experienced left tackle would be welcome as a backup to Cedric who could come in if Ogbuehi doesn't produce this year.
4b Zane Gonzalez K - Taking him late in the 4th should ensure no one else swipes him out from under us.
5a KD Cannon WR - 4.41 40 yrd speed.
5b Josh Carraway DE - TCU alumni who is a bit one dimensional but has good speed to pass rush and good snap awareness to not be caught off sides. Rotational player.
6a Elijah McGuire RB - Small durable back. I'd want coaches to teach him not to be patient/hesitate (despite this being all the rage right now) and just hit the hole even if it isn't quite there yet.
6b Eric Wilson LB
7a Javancy Jones OLB
7b Ashton Lampkin CB - Projected as not being drafted, he is a 6 ft corner who has the speed and vertical jump of someone shorter than him

Edit: Aaaand Foster has failed a drug test. I guess he is true reach now.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote