Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The QB position
(05-19-2018, 09:07 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Simple, they cannot find any rankings that support their claims. 

So, it doesn't matter what the stats or FACTS say. All that matters is what certain people's OPINIONS are. Gotcha. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 12:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Good ol' football.  Dalton has been here 7 years, has started over 110 games, and attempted  nearly 2,400 passes and we still aren't quite sure what we have in the guy.

I know you're prone to joking, but I think only the dumbest of the dumb don't know what we have in Dalton. He's a guy we can clearly win in the regular season with. He's a guy who's prone to inconsistencies that can lead to a fantastic game followed by a game of Ryan Leaf proportions. He's a guy who has lost us games and he's a guy who has won us games.

The only question we don't know the answer to is if he can win in the postseason. The only reason that's a question is because of the Merv factor. Dalton has had 4 chances to get it done and failed each time. However, considering the other QBs that have played in the postseason under Merv have failed in the same manner, there's the possibility that Dalton COULD win in the postseason with a different HC or if Merv coached like someone other than himself.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 12:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Good ol' football.  Dalton has been here 7 years, has started over 110 games, and attempted  nearly 2,400 passes and we still aren't quite sure what we have in the guy.

I'm sure what we have.   and it's a average to below average who had good one season 5 Bengal fans will never forget about.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 11:31 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I'm sure what we have.   and it's a average to below average who had good one season 5 Bengal fans will never forget about.

You can't be serious about this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 12:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You can't be serious about this.

No doubt. A hell of a lot more than 5 Bengal fans will never forget that season.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. A hell of a lot more than 5 Bengal fans will never forget that season.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 11:31 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I'm sure what we have.   and it's a average to below average who had good one season 5 Bengal fans will never forget about.

Until 2017 Dalton had either made the Pro Bowl or finished in the top 10 in passing tds EVERY SINGLE YEAR of his career.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Until 2017 Dalton had either made the Pro Bowl or finished in the top 10 in passing tds EVERY SINGLE YEAR of his career.

Stats don't matter, fred. What matters most is what the experts think of Dalton. If they think he's average, then by God, he's an average QB!! Forget the stats, OPINIONS MATTER MOST!!  Whatever
Reply/Quote
This is hilarious.....u guys can't even find one....not one ranking from a credible site that agrees with you.

It is what it is fellas......deal with it.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 09:37 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This is hilarious.....u guys can't even find one....not one ranking from a credible site that agrees with you.

It is what it is fellas......deal with it.

I am not even looking.

You have already posted the proof we need to show that these experts are often wrong.  

So why even bother.

They are wrong.  Deal with it.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 09:37 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This is hilarious.....u guys can't even find one....not one ranking from a credible site that agrees with you.

Because we're using FACTS; we're using STATS. We don't base our opinions on other people's OPINIONS. We're intelligent enough to look at the data ourselves and come up with our own conclusions. We don't need to rely on the thoughts of others. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 12:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because we're using FACTS; we're using STATS. We don't base our opinions on other people's OPINIONS. We're intelligent enough to look at the date ourselves and come up with our own conclusions. We don't need to rely on the thoughts of others. 

This definitely goes for me. I've never looked at rankings seriously. That's why I don't get all huffy when the "experts" rate Geno the 63rd (?) best player in the NFL. It's why I don't care that Lawson didn't get as much love as TJ Watt. Or that the experts didn't think much of us bringing in Cordy Glenn, Preston Brown, Billy Price and Frank Pollack. Other than not firing Merv, I thought we had a very good offseason. Yet experts aren't impressed. *Shrugs*

I formulate my own opinions. Meanwhile the so-called experts will continue to pick guys like Kaepernick, Mariota, Preskott, Carr, Bridgewater, RGIII, etc over Dalton every year, and every year Dalton will keep plugging along while those guys regress or disappear.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 12:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This definitely goes for me. I've never looked at rankings seriously. That's why I don't get all huffy when the "experts" rate Geno the 63rd (?) best player in the NFL. It's why I don't care that Lawson didn't get as much love as TJ Watt. Or that the experts didn't think much of us bringing in Cordy Glenn, Preston Brown, Billy Price and Frank Pollack. Other than not firing Merv, I thought we had a very good offseason. Yet experts aren't impressed. *Shrugs*

I formulate my own opinions. Meanwhile the so-called experts will continue to pick guys like Kaepernick, Mariota, Preskott, Carr, Bridgewater, RGIII, etc over Dalton every year, and every year Dalton will keep plugging along while those guys regress or disappear.

Spot on Shake. Lots of these so called "experts" are so damn terribly wrong all the time. Rankings are a joke most
of the time. None of those "experts" had the Eagles ranked ahead of the Steelers and Patriots last season and guess
who won the Superbowl? Who had the Jaguars doing as well as they did? The Rams?

Last ranking i saw the Bengals were ranked like 25th in the NFL. This is after a 7-9 season and all the changes you
mention here that are all huge and make us a MUCH better team.

I like to look at the players on the field and judge for myself. Dalton is not the problem here. The stats and facts
prove it as Philhos says.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on Shake. Lots of these so called "experts" are so damn terribly wrong all the time. Rankings are a joke most
of the time. None of those "experts" had the Eagles ranked ahead of the Steelers and Patriots last season and guess

Last ranking i saw the Bengals were ranked like 25th in the NFL. This is after a 7-9 season and all the changes you

I like to look at the players on the field and judge for myself. Dalton is not the problem here. The stats and facts

Spot on!
Reply/Quote
Folks are too funny......."I use stats"

In his career Andy Dalton has finished top dozen in passing once

His career average ranking is 15.4 out of 32

Those factual 3 Pro Bowls. Pretty sure he has never been selected, He has been named a replacement every time and has never had a passer rating higher than 15 in any year he was named.

"I use stats...........GTFO"

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on Shake. Lots of these so called "experts" are so damn terribly wrong all the time. Rankings are a joke most

Going into 2016 the experts ranked us #7 and we finished 24th and going into 2017 the experts had us ranked at #22 and we finished 21st.  Some skepticism is warranted, particularly since I don't blame anyone for assuming the Bengals are trying to lose by way of keeping Marvin Lewis forever.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 12:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not even looking.

You have already posted the proof we need to show that these experts are often wrong.  

So why even bother.

They are wrong.  Deal with it.

You are the one that wanted me to rank Andy Dalton so bad......look through the thread. Instead of any bias or my opinion (since you already know my opinion) I decided to provide you every ranking of every expert that i found and now you just throw up your hands and say well they are all wrong.

You are pretty bad at arguing. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 09:02 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: You are the one that wanted me to rank Andy Dalton so bad......look through the thread. Instead of any bias or my opinion (since you already know my opinion)  I decided to provide you every ranking of every expert that i found and now you just throw up your hands and say well they are all wrong.

You are pretty bad at arguing. 

I have no idea what your opinion is.  That is why I keep asking you over and over and over again to define what exactly you mean by "average".

What QBs do you think are better than Dalton?

Where do you rank him?

It is like you want to just keep trolling but never actually commit to anything that could be used against you to show how wrong you are.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 11:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Where do you rank him?

I have continuously said that Dalton is average which puts him in that 14-18 category of starting QBs.  You know the funny thing, I actually rate him higher than the five expert rankings that were online from multiple sites online.

Yet I'm the Dalton hater? Perhaps i'm the only one that is actually objective about him....
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 11:50 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I have continuously said that Dalton is average which puts him in that 14-18 category of starting QBs.  You know the funny thing, I actually rate him higher than the five expert rankings that were online from multiple sites online.

Yet I'm the Dalton hater? Perhaps i'm the only one that is actually objective about him....

Somehow, someway your consider Andy Dalton an average starting NFL QB you are a "hater".

Let's try an experiment: Clint Boling is an average starting NFL LG

Reply/Quote