Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rams' Regular Season
Rams Regular Season

I cannot be the only one going back to look at their regular season opponents and scores and wondering why the media is acting like the Rams are the Second Coming. 

Give me a break!

Sure they beat TB12 and Tampa Bay, twice. But the rest of it doesn't impress me, at all.

I really think the Bengals are going to win Sunday. For a lot of reasons, but mostly because they don't get flustered, Joe can take a sack like a boss and stand right back up and score a TD. 

But mostly because all this Rams hype is just that, hype. I know they have some good players, on both sides of the ball. 

But guess what? SO DO WE.

Don't believe the hype. I'll take the heart this team has over the media and Vegas hype any day of the week.

Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
Mehh. We lost to the Bears, Jets and got decimated by the Browns.
“Every given Sunday” applies to them and us. It was a wild and fun season of football.
Both teams beat good teams and deserve to be here.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:56 AM)BengalB Wrote: Rams Regular Season

I cannot be the only one going back to look at their regular season opponents and scores and wondering why the media is acting like the Rams are the Second Coming. 

Give me a break!

Sure they beat TB12 and Tampa Bay, twice. But the rest of it doesn't impress me, at all.

I really think the Bengals are going to win Sunday. For a lot of reasons, but mostly because they don't get flustered, Joe can take a sack like a boss and stand right back up and score a TD. 

But mostly because all this Rams hype is just that, hype. I know they have some good players, on both sides of the ball. 

Don't believe the hype. I'll take the heart this team has over the media and Vegas hype any day of the week.

Who Dey.

I saw a few stats the other day…

Every Rams loss was to a a playoff team.
The Bengals lost 7 games, 5 to non playoff teams.

The Rams outgained their opponents by over 1,000 yards on the year.
The Bengals outgained ther opponents by 82 yards.

Not saying this game is going one way or the other. But teams could say the exact same thing about the Bengals regular season.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:48 AM)Whacked Wrote: Mehh. We lost to the Bears, Jets and got decimated by the Browns.
“Every given Sunday”  applies to them and us. It was a wild and fun season of football.
Both teams beat good teams and deserve to be here.

I have been hearing more and more about those losses from the national media.

The fact is, the Bengals have won 6 of their last 7, with their only loss (barely) came against the Browns where they rested their starters.  Every single one of those teams that they beat in that 6 game run were good teams, with only Denver finishing below .500.

To be fair, the Rams have finished with wins on 8 of their last 9 and 6 of those 9 teams were above .500.

So, both teams finished hot and are healthy overall.  The odds couldn't be more even.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:56 AM)BengalB Wrote: I cannot be the only one going back to look at their regular season opponents and scores and wondering why the media is acting like the Rams are the Second Coming. 

The Rams are only a 4 point favorite and I have not heard anyone acting like they are the "Second Coming"
Reply/Quote
Let’s face it; these two teams have been the best teams in the league the past two months and are here because they both deserve it.
Reply/Quote

Give me a break!

Who Dey.

Probably because they added OBJ and Von Miller at the trade deadline, both of their first games with the Rams coming in Week 10.
Since their bye week in Week 11, the Rams record is 5-2 (8-2 inc. playoffs), their only regular season losses in that window coming to the Packers (eventual 1 seed) and 49ers (who they faced in NFCCG).
A lot of people believe that Von Miller and OBJ have become difference makers for that team.

Without those additions, Rams probably wouldn't have made the SB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have been hearing more and more about those losses from the national media.

The fact is, the Bengals have won 6 of their last 7, with their only loss (barely) came against the Browns where they rested their starters.  Every single one of those teams that they beat in that 6 game run were good teams, with only Denver finishing below .500.

To be fair, the Rams have finished with wins on 8 of their last 9 and 6 of those 9 teams were above .500.

So, both teams finished hot and are healthy overall.  The odds couldn't be more even.

Agreed!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:04 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Let’s face it; these two teams have been the best teams in the league the past two months and are here because they both deserve it.

I agree - the Bengals feasted on the Raiders and the Rams caught a huge break hosting the 49ers at home in the NFC Championship, other than that both teams have earned their spot.
Reply/Quote
One interesting thing I realized today, the Rams and Titans met in week 9 with the Titans winning pretty handily 28-16. In that game PFF has their O line allowing 5 sacks and 15 pressures. Comparatively, Bengals O line gave up 7 sacks (They gave 2 to Burrow) and 11 pressures when we played the Titans. For as much as people want to talk about how O line issues and reference that game, their O line really did not fair any better against the Titans.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Probably because they added OBJ and Von Miller at the trade deadline, both of their first games with the Rams coming in Week 10.
Since their bye week in Week 11, the Rams record is 5-2 (8-2 inc. playoffs), their only regular season losses in that window coming to the Packers (eventual 1 seed) and 49ers (who they faced in NFCCG).
A lot of people believe that Von Miller and OBJ have become difference makers for that team.

Without those additions, Rams probably wouldn't have made the SB.

Very valuable to know.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 04:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: One interesting thing I realized today, the Rams and Titans met in week 9 with the Titans winning pretty handily 28-16. In that game PFF has their O line allowing 5 sacks and 15 pressures. Comparatively, Bengals O line gave up 7 sacks (They gave 2 to Burrow) and 11 pressures when we played the Titans. For as much as people want to talk about how O line issues and reference that game, their O line really did not fair any better against the Titans.

Valid observation on the O-lines.

With regards to the Titans winning pretty handily, it is useful to note Ochochinco's comment above: "they [the Rams] added OBJ and Von Miller at the trade deadline, both of their first games with the Rams coming in Week 10."
Reply/Quote

Give me a break!

Who Dey.

THANK YOU!!!   Give me the team that struggled mightily against the Ravens in week 18, giving up 165 yards on the ground and needing a late TD just to win.
Reply/Quote
I watched the Rams/Packers game last night to get an idea of how they played against similar weapons.  

Their secondary is vulnerable to deep passing threats.  The Packers receivers dropped some catches that Bengals receivers would make, I think.  The packers had shuffled their line due to injury but were able to provide adequate protection for Rogers.  He was sacked once and hurried five times.  If the Bengals can hold up for three sacks, I think we're ok.

The Packers kept pounding away at the run game which helped to keep the rush under control.  That's critical for us.

Someone pointed out that they are highly ranked in TD passes given up and interceptions.  They had a good safety tandem and played to prevent big plays, so it stands to reason.  Now they have Weddle who played well against the Niner's short stuff but we'll see what he's got left.   I'd love to see Burrow clown him in the Super Bowl as payback for the shit he talked at Dalton.

I was interested to watch the battle between Whitworth and Rashan Gary.  Early on Whit struggled and they gave him help.  Gary's speed move was too much and Whit gave up two holding calls and a sack.  I'm not sure if Whit adjusted or Gary ran out of steam but later in the game it seemed to be less of a problem. Stafford felt the pressure and it kept his performance in check.   This gives me hope that Hendrickson could make a big impact on Sunday.

This game helped my confidence, but it was not long after OBJ and Miller came on board for the Rams, so they weren't fully up to speed.  Tonight I'll watch their second game against the Cardinals,  which I think is more representative than the playoff game because the Cards still had Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:16 PM)Nepa Wrote: Valid observation on the O-lines.

With regards to the Titans winning pretty handily, it is useful to note Ochochinco's comment above: "they [the Rams] added OBJ and Von Miller at the trade deadline, both of their first games with the Rams coming in Week 10."

...but it doesn't discount the fact Stafford threw a couple picks and was under duress all game only scoring 16 points. I'll also add in, OBJ and Von Miller actually haven't been as good this season as people think. Both players have been more name than production. OBJ in reality was basically the exact same guy he was in Cleveland this year once he got to LA but because he caught a few more TD's people were screaming he's back. Von hasn't had nearly the year Hendrickson has had but for some reason no one is really talking much about that. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...but it doesn't discount the fact Stafford threw a couple picks and was under duress all game only scoring 16 points. I'll also add in, OBJ and Von Miller actually haven't been as good this season as people think. Both players have been more name than production. OBJ in reality was basically the exact same guy he was in Cleveland this year once he got to LA but because he caught a few more TD's people were screaming he's back. Von hasn't had nearly the year Hendrickson has had but for some reason no one is really talking much about that. 

That's good to know.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:27 PM)Roland Wrote: I watched the Rams/Packers game last night to get an idea of how they played against similar weapons.  

Their secondary is vulnerable to deep passing threats.  The Packers receivers dropped some catches that Bengals receivers would make, I think.  The packers had shuffled their line due to injury but were able to provide adequate protection for Rogers.  He was sacked once and hurried five times.  If the Bengals can hold up for three sacks, I think we're ok.

The Packers kept pounding away at the run game which helped to keep the rush under control.  That's critical for us.

Someone pointed out that they are highly ranked in TD passes given up and interceptions.  They had a good safety tandem and played to prevent big plays, so it stands to reason.  Now they have Weddle who played well against the Niner's short stuff but we'll see what he's got left.   I'd love to see Burrow clown him in the Super Bowl as payback for the shit he talked at Dalton.

I was interested to watch the battle between Whitworth and Rashan Gary.  Early on Whit struggled and they gave him help.  Gary's speed move was too much and Whit gave up two holding calls and a sack.  I'm not sure if Whit adjusted or Gary ran out of steam but later in the game it seemed to be less of a problem. Stafford felt the pressure and it kept his performance in check.   This gives me hope that Hendrickson could make a big impact on Sunday.

This game helped my confidence, but it was not long after OBJ and Miller came on board for the Rams, so they weren't fully up to speed.  Tonight I'll watch their second game against the Cardinals,  which I think is more representative than the playoff game because the Cards still had Hopkins.

I agree they are susceptible to deep passing routes, but can we protect long enough? We have been limited to 3 step drops the past 2 games and facing the #1 dline.

Whitworth-Gary matchup is interesting.  Hendrickson is all go until the end.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...but it doesn't discount the fact Stafford threw a couple picks and was under duress all game only scoring 16 points. I'll also add in, OBJ and Von Miller actually haven't been as good this season as people think. Both players have been more name than production. OBJ in reality was basically the exact same guy he was in Cleveland this year once he got to LA but because he caught a few more TD's people were screaming he's back. Von hasn't had nearly the year Hendrickson has had but for some reason no one is really talking much about that. 

That’s not true. Von Miller is the highest graded defender in the playoffs according to Pro Football Focus. He scares me a lot more than Odell. I think Odell will always have the hype because of his name, but he doesn’t worry me too much. Miller is a different story…especially with all the attention we will have to give Donald.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:40 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: That’s not true. Von Miller is the highest graded defender in the playoffs according to Pro Football Focus. He scares me a lot more than Odell. I think Odell will always have the hype because of his name, but he doesn’t worry me too much. Miller is a different story…especially with all the attention we will have to give Donald.

I don’t give a ton of value to PFF grades anymore after being given some inside knowledge on the process. Miller is a fine player, he’s just not nearly the all world player people want him to be. Again, Trey Hendrickson right now is a better player.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have been hearing more and more about those losses from the national media.

This. Should be a great game. Both teams are extremely hot and that is why both are in the Superbowl. I watched both of these
teams more than any other teams this season cause I have Gamepass to watch the Bengals and FOX to watch all the NFC games 
and the Rams were played the most that I saw here. It is true that early on in the year the Rams didn't look very good except 
when playing Brady and the Bucs.

I think the difference is we are young and were going to have to go through a lot of growing pains early.

We seem to be a different team now from the regular season and you could argue the same for the Rams without the youth 
factored in as much. Their newer players in Stafford, Vonn Miller and OBJ had to adjust to their new team and now fit in very 
well. In the end I think we can win cause of the heart we play with and that we have so many players that can make a play 
that we might not even mention. The Rams have the big name players though.

We have players that will be big names down the road and hopefully after a SB win Sunday.
Reply/Quote