Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The Regression is Accelerating
(12-06-2020, 10:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I like the optimism, but its always other teams. Even Marvin started with baby steps.

Marvin took a 2-14 team to 8-8 in his very first year.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Giants were able to go into Seattle and beat the 'hawks. With Colt McCoy...

You hear that Zac? Colt McCoy.

That is one of the things that bothers me most about ZT.  The lack of balance.  Sure, the Chiefs throw it all over the place (and Mahommes took a lot of hits last night...Reid could be a massive idiot if he exposes that guy to injury now) but their screens and misdirection tosses are just an extension of the running game.  Even Jay Gruden has been more balanced at Jax.  

ZT needs to learn to stop being so predictable and have a better balance to keep defenses guessing.  The Giants stuck with their rushing attack and beat Seattle.  Without Barkley.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The "New" front office attempted something risky and bringing in a new young coach from outside the organization. I know many don't want to hear this but it was similar with Dave Shula.

They took the risk and made changes and many of the Bengal fanbase was excited.

The problem is those making decisions in the front office do not know football at least at the professional level. They are simply not football people.

They cannot fire the GM Mike Brown. That is the bottom line. They need to bring in a football-minded general manager and allow him to add players a head coach and assistants.

It is hard to believe that one person namely Mike Brown can inadvertently ruin the lives of many people in the community who are fans for nearly three decades.

And for those of you who argue that those in the area do not have to be Cincinnati Bengal fans when in fact the TV deals require you to watch the Cincinnati Bengals unless you have the NFL ticket.

What is really sad about the situation is that Mike Brown could simply remove his general manager status and hire a true GM and just be the owner. Navigating the team that has not won a playoff game and almost 30 years and not making the necessary changes is bordering criminal neglect.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 07:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The "New" front office attempted something risky and bringing in a new young coach from outside the organization. I know many don't want to hear this but it was similar with Dave Shula.

They took the risk and made changes and many of the Bengal fanbase was excited.

The problem is those making decisions in the front office do not know football at least at the professional level. They are simply not football people.

They cannot fire the GM Mike Brown. That is the bottom line. They need to bring in a football-minded general manager and allow him to add players a head coach and assistants.

It is hard to believe that one person namely Mike Brown can inadvertently ruin the lives of many people in the community who are fans for nearly three decades.

And for those of you who argue that those in the area do not have to be Cincinnati Bengal fans when in fact the TV deals require you to watch the Cincinnati Bengals unless you have the NFL ticket.

What is really sad about the situation is that Mike Brown could simply remove his general manager status and hire a true GM and just be the owner. Navigating the team that has not won a playoff game and almost 30 years and not making the necessary changes is bordering criminal neglect.
I think Paul really nailed it in Mike’s head that the Brown family has to have full control

Paul was scarred from that Art Modell situation

Mike ain’t letting go as long as he’s around
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 3 years?

The team we were playing today gutted their entire roster (Still won 5 games) and the very next season they're sitting at 8-4.

San Francisco when from 4-12 to 13-3 and the Superbowl with a single offseason.

This is not college.  You can rebuild, and "right the ship: almost immediately.  It just takes a legitimate front office, good coaching, and an actual plan.

LOL, they traded 3 guys and then signed:

Jones
Van Noy
Ogbah
Lawson

I wouldn't say they gutted the roster.  It just seemed that way.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 08:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL, they traded 3 guys and then signed:

Jones
Van Noy
Ogbah
Lawson

I wouldn't say they gutted the roster.  It just seemed that way.

Don't forget that they also traded Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We seem to be in a cycle where we are sick as hell of losing all off-season and then halfway into the season we start rooting for losses.  We're the yo-yo dieters of NFL fandom.

Yeah, we're a complicated lot.  But, it's understandable, to an extent.  Had we gotten 6-10 wins this season I would have felt a lot better about both ZT and the club's future.  But, shit, if we can't even do that, then it can burn to the ground in hopes new life will spring forth next year.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is one of the things that bothers me most about ZT.  The lack of balance.  Sure, the Chiefs throw it all over the place (and Mahommes took a lot of hits last night...Reid could be a massive idiot if he exposes that guy to injury now) but their screens and misdirection tosses are just an extension of the running game.  Even Jay Gruden has been more balanced at Jax.  

ZT needs to learn to stop being so predictable and have a better balance to keep defenses guessing.  The Giants stuck with their rushing attack and beat Seattle.  Without Barkley.  

I don't think he's able.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Marvin took a 2-14 team to 8-8 in his very first year.

And he had damn near a complete All Pro OL
Reply/Quote