Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Return Game
Jones and Erickson are hot garbage.

Not saying I want Tate back, but we have to be better there.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Jones and Erickson are hot garbage.

after watching Erickson take those punts on the 5 why aren't there 5 threads calling for him to be canned.. if that was tate you know there would be.

I miss tate after yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: after watching Erickson take those punts on the 5 why aren't there 5 threads calling for him to be canned.. if that was tate you know there would be.

Because it's been two games and not three or four seasons.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Use Gio!!

Ffs he returned punts in college so why not use him at times? And I dont want to hear the injury excuse, because look at who the Steelers use on their pr's.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Jones and Erickson are hot garbage.

Tate took one out 4 yards deep in the end zone thursday and only got out to the 15. Im good without Tate. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We needed to move on from Tate. To do so means we had to pick a season (or hopefully just a few games) where someone got the time to grow into being an NFL returner. This is that time. There will be some growing pains but maybe not for too long.
Reply/Quote
Erickson is the guy. He will get better. Once he becomes adjusted. Fans always want to jump all over it, but sometimes we have to give these players a bit more time. It is clear he is good, but has to get the timing down.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Use Gio!!

Ffs he returned punts in college so why not use him at times? And I dont want to hear the injury excuse, because look at who the Steelers use on their pr's.

I am all for using Gio.  Open field he is gone.  But the duo should be Erickson and Gio, Adam is too valuable in the CB positions right now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Tate took one out 4 yards deep in the end zone thursday and only got out to the 15. Im good without Tate. 

Which is exactly why I don't want him back.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: after watching Erickson take those punts on the 5 why aren't there 5 threads calling for him to be canned.. if that was tate you know there would be.

Easy, he's a rookie and learning his way. Tate is a vet and never learned when and when not to come out of the endzone.

Reply/Quote

Obvious troll is obvious.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Obvious troll is obvious.

Yeah so I'm the troll now? I was asking where the tate hate was for Erikson... Who did the exact same things that got tate hated on.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:38 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Erickson is the guy.  He will get better.  Once he becomes adjusted.  Fans always want to jump all over it, but sometimes we have to give these players a bit more time.  It is clear he is good, but has to get the timing down.

I agree. Rookies don't usually shine right out of the gate. It will take him awhile. That said, I believe having so many new players and coaches getting adjusted to each other and the NFL is the primary reason we are and will struggle for awhile. Eventually, I think we will be fine. It might be mid season before we see the growth.
Reply/Quote
While everyone is griping, let's not forget that the Bengals are playing a 1st place schedule. Other teams are going to be good on teams as well, our new personnel are going to have an adjustment period, and I'm fine with that. We have had no catastrophic errors on teams, those folk will continue to get better.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
On a dry day at Ketchup Stadium any punt returner on the five yard line will let the ball go into the end zone. On a wet day at the same stadium the punt returner needs to call for a fair catch.

Why?

The field at Ketchup Stadium is terrible when it's wet. A ball can literally bury in that turf.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 07:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While everyone is griping, let's not forget that the Bengals are playing a 1st place schedule.  Other teams are going to be good on teams as well, our new personnel are going to have an adjustment period, and I'm fine with that.  We have had no catastrophic errors on teams, those folk will continue to get better.

Yeah but that only involves 2 games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 06:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah so I'm the troll now? I was asking where the tate hate was for Erikson... Who did the exact same things that got tate hated on.

Erickson is in his 2nd game. People are willing to give him some slack. If this keeps up, then people will be screaming for a replacement.

Tate "hate" didn't take off until 2013 (his 3rd year on the team).

So give me a break on this crap.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote