Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Start 'em, Sit 'em thread
Not sure if this thread will survive, yet it should bring some interesting discussion. My first time playing FF and its a blast. Figured some of the vets could give out some good advice.

I'll start...
My question to you all is which D should I start? Bengals will get sacks against Seattle. Rams face Aaron Rodgers.
Also who would you place in the FLEX position? Its a PPR league. Although Duke Johnson lit it up last week...not so sure he will repeat against the Ravens.

Starters
QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Jeremy Hill
RB: Carlos Hyde
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Tyler Eifert
FLEX: Allen Robinson
D/ST: Bengals
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench
RB: Adrian Peterson *bye
RB: Duke Johnson Jr.
QB: Cam Newton *bye
TE: Eric Ebron
WR: Marvin Jones
WR: Eric Decker *bye
D/ST: Rams
Reply/Quote
That looks just fine the way it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone starting Jeremy Hill this week?
Reply/Quote
Yes, I have Jeremy Hill in one of my leagues and I'm starting him. The day you sit him, he'll score 3 TD's and rush 200 yards. Sort of like taking an umbrella and it doesn't rain.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 08:43 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: Anyone starting Jeremy Hill this week?

Who else you got at RB?

Sooner or later Hill is going to explode.  It might be this week, but it's easier to advise if we know who else you got, and who else you are starting.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 11:17 PM)jason Wrote: Who else you got at RB?

Sooner or later Hill is going to explode.  It might be this week, but it's easier to advise if we know who else you got, and who else you are starting.

Assuming its about the same as his first post in which case he has very little choice. 

Got AP starting then has J. Hill, C. Hyde and Duke Johnson.

Carlos Hyde is out.

Duke is solid and has 6+ receptions since getting going outside of the Denver game. Good Cardinals D this week though.

then Jeremy Hill

Also Allen Robinson is on a bye so gotta put someone else in the flex, either Hill, Duke, Ebron, Decker or Marvin Jones. 

Probably have to go Decker in the flex, TD in 4 of 5 games he has played and the other he had 90+ yards.
Reply/Quote
Have Hill in a few leagues.

One with my best friends (matters most), I took Hill in the first, but also have Doug Martin, Devonta Freeman, and TJ Yeldon, so I'm not exactly hurting (2nd place).

One with Reds players and staff, I have Hill, but I also have Karlos Williams (who knows if he'll keep getting carries), Chris Johnson, and Ingram (two RBs and a flex), who makes me nervous because he puts up big numbers but doesn't see the ball that much.

Is Hill trustworthy to start? Did he gain the coach's trust back? I think we need to establish the run against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 11:58 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Assuming its about the same as his first post in which case he has very little choice. 

Got AP starting then has J. Hill, C. Hyde and Duke Johnson.

Carlos Hyde is out.

Duke is solid and has 6+ receptions since getting going outside of the Denver game. Good Cardinals D this week though.

then Jeremy Hill

Also Allen Robinson is on a bye so gotta put someone else in the flex, either Hill, Duke, Ebron, Decker or Marvin Jones. 

Probably have to go Decker in the flex, TD in 4 of 5 games he has played and the other he had 90+ yards.

Well I have played Hill for the past two weeks. He looks great in his start, then Hue starts plugging Gio. Frustrating for sure, yet the Bengals winning is most important.

We were all joking tonight while watching the game that Hue has Gio on his fantasy team. 

And as previously stated Carlos Hyde is out so I will be starting Hill again week 10 against the Texans.
Reply/Quote
I'm giving up on Hill. Gio seems to be the direction Hue is heading.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm giving up on Hill. Gio seems to be the direction Hue is heading.
Jeremy Hill will explode on MNF if you do.... You know he will.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:12 PM)jason Wrote: Jeremy Hill will explode on MNF if you do.... You know he will.

or at least hog the TD carries
Reply/Quote
Got tough decisions this week and have to win to make playoffs

RB: Doug Martin vs Atl, Gurley vs Ari, CJ or Hillman vs SD
WR: ODBJ vs. NYJ, Allen Robinson vs Jets, Amendola vs Phi, Mike Evans vs Atl

Need two at each and a flex.

RB: Leaning Martin and CJ (SD is awful against the run) ... Gurley has been bad lately and going against Ari is scary
WR: ODBJ, Robinson, and Amendola at flex
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
Like the lineup except I would go Evans over Amendola. Amendola might not play much this week.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 09:11 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Like the lineup except I would go Evans over Amendola. Amendola might not play much this week.

If it's a PPR league, I'd go with Amendola, standard scoring, Evans.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 05:08 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: Got tough decisions this week and have to win to make playoffs

RB: Doug Martin vs Atl, Gurley vs Ari, CJ or Hillman vs SD
WR: ODBJ vs. NYJ, Allen Robinson vs Jets, Amendola vs Phi, Mike Evans vs Atl

Need two at each and a flex.

RB: Leaning Martin and CJ (SD is awful against the run) ... Gurley has been bad lately and going against Ari is scary
WR: ODBJ, Robinson, and Amendola at flex

Yeah, I think I'd go with Amendola.

Good line-up.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I pretty much need to win this week to make the playoffs in my work league. I have either Drew Brees at Carolina or Mariota at Jacksonville for my QB.

Any ideas?

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 10:49 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I pretty much need to win this week to make the playoffs in my work league.  I have either Drew Brees at Carolina or Mariota at Jacksonville for my QB.

Any ideas?

Kind of a toss up....  I like Brees more, but Carolina has been racking up turnovers on D (they are my defense... they were my leading scorer two weeks ago... and I won).  I'm not big on Mariota, but he's had big games this year.  It just sucks that your whole season may come down to these two options.  I think I'd still lean toward Drew Brees.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Play Mariota. Carolina has a great defense and may shut Brees down today. I'm sitting Jonathon Stewart today because the Panthers may rest him.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 11:37 AM)jason Wrote: Kind of a toss up....  I like Brees more, but Carolina has been racking up turnovers on D (they are my defense... they were my leading scorer two weeks ago... and I won).  I'm not big on Mariota, but he's had big games this year.  It just sucks that your whole season may come down to these two options.  I think I'd still lean toward Drew Brees.
Yeah, I was thinking Carolina would shut him down and he hasn't been doing that well lately.
(12-06-2015, 11:56 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Play Mariota. Carolina has a great defense and may shut Brees down today. I'm sitting Jonathon Stewart today because the Panthers may rest him.
I was thinking the same thing.  Mariota has had some decent games this year.

Well, looks like I was a little to late to change it and have to go with Brees.

Reply/Quote
So...I didn't get to change it to Mariota and he ended up with 40.6 points. Somehow I don't see Brees getting that many and I could have used them too. Barnacles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote