Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steelers Never Take Us Seriously, Let's Hope Next Week Is Different
(10-07-2018, 06:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: Last time we beat the Steelers was in 2015. That was the year we lost to them in the wildcard and went 1-2 against them. They never take us serious. I've read and heard comments from Steeler players of the past and current that feel they always find a way to beat us or watch us beat ourselves.

The real test to see how good we are this year will be next Sunday against the Steelers. We do find a way to crumble against them. Let's see if this year will be different.

I'm hoping we embarrass them next week, because theres no team I despise more than Shitsburgh.

The top 5 Teams in AFC are NE, KC, JAX, Pitt and Balt.

The road to SB goes through them.

We play three of these 5 this season. Beating Pitt at least once is a must.

I do believe we are mentally tougher than them at this point. They are struggling to find an identity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 07:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think Ross was missed a lot today. The drop off in Boyd’s numbers were a direct result, imo.

I had the same thought. The Dolphins didn't come in here at 3-1 for no reason. They're a pretty good football team. If they had more weapons on offense, they'd be hard to beat. Look for them to be drafting a WR or 2 and a TE in 2019.

(10-07-2018, 09:16 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: A win over them will pretty much destroy their post season chances.  If you want to send a message that this year is different then that is the time to do it.  With that in mind, we can expect the Steelers to throw everything they have at us.  They are in desperation mode and almost every game is a must win.

What I like about this team, is that even though we have a 4-1 record, we know how important a win over the Steelers is.  Even if we are undefeated and they are winless, our recent history will not allow this team to take the Steelers lightly.

As young as we are, this team has a winner's mindset. You hear Hubbard and Carlos talk about it in their postgame interviews. I would love nothing more than to knock the Steelers out of the post-season, but they're still the Steelers and they'll be ready to bring it. We have to be ready to bring more, every single play no matter what the score is.  

(10-07-2018, 09:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Something happened at half time today.  Not sure if it was the coaches putting feet in people's asses, or if the team held meetings among the respective units.  Whatever it was that transpired, it worked.

At one point in the 1st half, Mixon had exactly 19 yds. on 10 carries.  He finished the game with 93 on 22 carries.  That is a night and day difference.  Did Joe somehow come out a different man in the 2nd half, or did something else happen?  I'm putting my money on "something else", as from what I witnessed, the OL was opening some good holes in the 2nd half.

Same goes with the DL.  In the 1st half, Geno and Carlos were shut out on the stat sheet.  They came out in the 2nd half, quickly slowed the Miami momentum, holding them to a FG, and not allowing another point to be scored.  Not only did they shut Miami's offense down, they took the damn ball and scored it...TWICE!  It was good to see the much maligned MJ get a moment in the spotlight, just like it was nice to see rookie Sam Hubbard step up and assume his role, as the next great Bengal defensive lineman.

Like I said originally, something happened at half time today.  We've been bitching for years about lack of half time adjustments under Marvin Lewis.  I like what I saw in those adjustments, today.

If the team can continue to play top competition, and not get rattled if they get behind, implement the adjustments and roll on?  They should be able to keep up with the Steelers next week.

I think Andy really is the leader of this offense this year, more than he's ever been. Lazor knew that the Dolphins were winning the chess match and the LOS. He did make some adjustments at half time, but give credit to Andy and the O to just go out there and keep executing. I don't think New England beats them in Miami. The Phins could easily make the playoffs this year. If their starting RT wasn't out today, it could have been a different feeling in Bengaltown tonight. They took it to us anyway. 

On D, we just stepped up and stopped them. Good job by Austin to fix the gaps. They gashed us on the ground in the first half. It was embarrassing. They got some yards on the ground in the second half, but not nearly as many I thought. 

And props to Nick Vigil for diving to tip that ball away on a big third down. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 07:32 PM)pally Wrote: until we beat them they have no reason to take us seriously.

Does it mean anything if we constantly beat the team that beats them? Hmm

Last 10:
Rats lead Stools 6-4
Bengals lead Rats 8-2
Stools lead Bengals 9-1 

Life in the AFC North sure is funny.

And then here come the Browns for real this time, i think.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Glad to see folk like you, michaelsean, that aren't afraid to rest the laurels on the history .... hoping it will change, but until it does ....

...coming in here and taking joy in being pessimistic.
Reply/Quote
This thing is definitely mental. How we lost in 2015 i think stuck with us until now. To not beat them in 3 years is embarrassing because they haven’t even been that good of a team honestly. I want to see William Jackson get a shot at Antonio Brown because i know for a fact Dre K cannot guard him
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:44 PM)XsandOs Wrote: The top 5 Teams in AFC are NE, KC, JAX, Pitt and Balt.

I do believe we are mentally tougher than them at this point. They are struggling to find an identity.

What has Pitt done to gain this respect? Because they beat US a lot? From what i remember Pittsburg turns to pure dog shit against other AFC teams in the playoffs.

I don’t even get putting the Ravens ahead of us. Ravens are Andy daltons personal bitches. Even the years we totally suck Dalton at least splits with them.

AFC goes through NE KC and JAX period

Dalton could beat Baltimore high on PCP at least once a year
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see a repeat of the 4th quarter in Miami carried out in all 4 quarters against the Squats.. an unprecedented defensive smack down to the nth degree along with offensive fireworks from our entire offense.. 
I know . I'm asking for a tad too much , say...8 defensive tds and Joe Mixin it up for a couple hundred would be a wet dream come true..

Ok, fantasy time over.. How about just winning convincingly?
This should be the game if we're winning Marvin doesn't even consider taking his foot off the gas for once.. Run the damned score up and completely embarass them.. Utterly demoralize them to the point that even the Ravens think it's unfair. 

All the local Cincinnati hospitals over filled with squeeler players sent to the ER would be swell too...and getting the worst doctors and nurses in the city on duty as well . There's GOTTA BE at least a few lousy docs and nurses on duty for it.. 

Think I'm asking for too much? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:27 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Does it mean anything if we constantly beat the team that beats them? Hmm

Last 10:
Rats lead Stools 6-4
Bengals lead Rats 8-2
Stools lead Bengals 9-1 

It is a bit strange  eh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:44 PM)XsandOs Wrote: The top 5 Teams in AFC are NE, KC, JAX, Pitt and Balt.

What?? In case you have missed it, the Bengals are leading the AFCN.....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:24 AM)Housh Wrote: What has Pitt done to gain this respect? Because they beat US a lot? From what i remember Pittsburg turns to pure dog shit against other AFC teams in the playoffs.

I don’t even get putting the Ravens ahead of us. Ravens are Andy daltons personal bitches. Even the years we totally suck Dalton at least splits with them.

AFC goes through NE KC and JAX period

Dalton could beat Baltimore high on PCP at least once a year

Steelers: Double digit wins 4 years in a row. AFC championship game, 2 years ago.

Baltimore: Has shown the ability to beat both NE and Pitt. Has SB win experience.

The point of the post is that we gauge where we are, by how we handle facing these 3 Trams.

Beating Pitt is a must.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:57 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What?? In case you have missed it, the Bengals are leading the AFCN.....

I'm fully aware of our record.

The point of my post is that we will have a better idea of how good this Team is, by how we do against these three Teams.
Reply/Quote
So many times in the Dalton era this team has looked really good and then got punched in mouth by the top AFC teams bringing is back to reality.

Sunday is a big game for the psyche of this team. They thump the Steelers at home they could get on a roll
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:02 AM)Beaker Wrote: ...coming in here and taking joy in being pessimistic.

It's what he's good at.  Doesn't watch games, but makes negative comments all over the place.   Whatever
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:02 AM)Beaker Wrote: ...coming in here and taking joy in being pessimistic.

Being a realist based on 26 years.  Make me out a liar Bengals!  I double dare you!!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 06:34 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's what he's good at.  Doesn't watch games, but makes negative comments all over the place.   Whatever

The team is 7-2 with my new 'real time' policy.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:27 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Does it mean anything if we constantly beat the team that beats them? Hmm

Last 10:
Rats lead Stools 6-4
Bengals lead Rats 8-2
Stools lead Bengals 9-1 

Thanks for pointing this out AO, maybe more will see the irony in this since someone, other than myself, took the time to share it!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:17 AM)Housh Wrote: This thing is definitely mental. How we lost in 2015 i think stuck with us until now. To not beat them in 3 years is embarrassing because they haven’t even been that good of a team honestly. I want to see William Jackson get a shot at Antonio Brown because i know for a fact Dre K cannot guard him

I don't think Brown has really done all that much against the Bengals.  Fred would know and could provide stats for this.
Reply/Quote
I actually hope they do not take us seriously, look past this game as an assured win. That way, when we send them back to Shitsburgh with a big log of shit in their trick or treat bags, it will be all the sweeter.....
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 06:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: Last time we beat the Steelers was in 2015. That was the year we lost to them in the wildcard and went 1-2 against them. They never take us serious. I've read and heard comments from Steeler players of the past and current that feel they always find a way to beat us or watch us beat ourselves.

The real test to see how good we are this year will be next Sunday against the Steelers. We do find a way to crumble against them. Let's see if this year will be different.

I'm hoping we embarrass them next week, because theres no team I despise more than Shitsburgh.

Me too....

Every year, even down years, it seems that one unfortunate team gets the absolute best from the Bengals for four quarters and gets destroyed.  I would give anything for that to be pitt this year.

The Bengals are in the position of not needing the win, as pitt does, however, and you can bet that they will be up for our game and I guarantee there will be some early gadget play to try and catch us in overpursuit.  

The Bengals need to treat this like a playoff game, and come out attacking on both sides of the ball.  If the Bengals win, it would almost effectively end the steelers season.  
Reply/Quote
Steelers are definitely bullies when it comes to facing us.

But, people are ignoring that their trump card when they play us isn't playing in this game. He isn't coming back until their bye.

Brown does well against us too, but I don't think that's what I'm most worried about. JuJu is just as good of a #2 as Boyd, and we have trusty ol' Dre facing him. That matchup is the difference to me.
Reply/Quote