Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Steelers are just better than the Bengals
(11-10-2018, 10:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: You're right.....and didn't Erickson set up the offense with a good return or two, which would skew those yardage numbers a tad?

Isnt that how it goes with the Steelers though? They dominate yardage. We keep score close. Then we figure out a way to lose at end.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isnt that how it goes with the Steelers though? They dominate yardage. We keep score close. Then we figure out a way to lose at end.

It might as well be on a loop.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 01:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes sir....and Philly replaced Chip Kelly.  We have wasted two cores thus far......and with the amount of times these guys (including the Palmer era), have made some brilliant fourth quarter comebacks....I have a hard time believing ALL OF THEM are choke artists.  I think we get out coached when the lights are the brightest, because face it, in those scenarios, you're facing the cream of the league.
As i watch andy and co rack up more snd more 4th quarter comebacks, the more i wonder what might have been with him. Wasted talent...
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 08:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: AJ Green would be garbage with Landry Jones throwing the ball.

I know he was past his prime, but Vick played in some of those games.

AJ Green did alright with McCarron starting.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 11:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, it all starts in the trenches and OL and DL of the Steelers is better than our 2 lines.

And attitude. It trickles down from the top.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 08:34 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Tee hee.

Good luck with all of that! Hilarious

Don't get whats so funny?

Not a big deal to draft a few more playmakers to make this team a contender.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 03:55 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Nope.  Not a single holding call on the O-line, all game.  Impossible in the NFL.
Here are 2 BLATANT holds on the TD pass to AB.  The O-lineman have their arm ACROSS THE NECK of the defender, holding the outside shoulder... conveniently missed by the officials.

[Image: kFRYQnA.jpg]

Nice catch TomKat. Saw the exact same thing and this is what put the game out of reach for the Panthers conveniently. Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't get whats so funny?

Not a big deal to draft a few more playmakers to make this team a contender.

Well...  they suck-complete-ass at drafting "playmaking LBers" for starters and have not done well at O-Line performers as well.

Thought you'd listen to what ya said and laugh.

Nate there is nothing wrong with wanting that.

It's getting those pieces I have little faith in.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 11:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It pains me to say this, but the Steelers have just been better than the Bengals in every phase of football and from an organizational standpoint over the past few years.

Of course they beat us on the field, but they are also drafting and getting better players and have better systems and schemes on the field. Thats what really worries me. Their offensive line was built over the past few years to be one of the best in the NFL, ours has fallen flat on its face. They reloaded at receiver with JuJu, Jesse James, and now Vance McDonald. We have John Ross who has serious durability and ability concerns. Their best offensive player decides he doesnt want to play so they plug in a rookie James Connor who is tearing it up.

Their defense is rounding into form and is taking off...ours is self destructing. Someone in that organization is doing a hell of a job with player personnel and scouting because that team just continues to reload and get it right while we continue to tread water.

This isn't a thread to build the Steelers up, its a thread to compare. The Steelers are going to be REAAAALLY good up until they lose the stability of Ben at QB and even after that im not sure that they don't go out and somehow find another HOF QB to replace him.
Reply/Quote

Do we really need a thread to point out the fact the steelers have owned our ass! Seriously!!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 01:36 PM)jason Wrote: I know he was past his prime, but Vick played in some of those games.

AJ Green did alright with McCarron starting.

Actually, AJ's numbers dropped off a cliff with McCarron.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 06:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well...  they suck-complete-ass at drafting "playmaking LBers" for starters and have not done well at O-Line performers as well.

Thought you'd listen to what ya said and laugh.

Nate there is nothing wrong with wanting that.

It's getting those pieces I have little faith in.

Ahhh, thought i just took you wrong as i always agree with you.

We need a new LB coach that is for damn sure and a new DC that can draft some playmakers.

I think Pollack can draft some good O-lineman to solidify us in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 08:20 PM)Ryanrose28 Wrote: Do we really need a thread to point out the fact the steelers have owned our ass! Seriously!!

Actually, yes. It’s unfortunate that’s for sure, but statistically they are better. However, they have not had the injuries we have had but it’s coming. Right now, they are great but we know Ben will further injure his butt poke finger or AB will fake another concussion. Shouldn be long before Conner plays a Levion and says that he needs more money to complete the season because he has exceeded his expectations.

Our guys will grind it out like real NFL’ers and get stronger as the year progresses. So yes, I guess we need a thread like this.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:17 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Yes, and they left too much time on the clock.  Better clock management and Bengals could have won.  

A staple of Marvin Lewis led teams. How many times have we watched him totally botch the last two minutes of the half and final minutes of the game ?

I remember a game forget who ? We had the ball believe it was 2nd and goal at like the 7. Literally just a few seconds until halftime, no timeouts. We run a draw up the middle, might have been Law Firm ? It's been several years ago. RB was stopped at the 2 and time expires before we can do anything else. Merv in a nut shell 

No Bengals team has truly learned how to win under him. He still plays not to lose, he still gets the deer in the headlights look at the biggest moments in the biggest games.

At this point it's very safe to say that's never gonna change. Only chance we have is for the players to overcome the coaching/play calling.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 01:54 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Let's not forget PA messed up by letting Villanueva go. He's now doing very well with the effing Steelers. 

I believe Villanueva was tried out as a TE when he was with the Bengals. 

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Actually, yes. It’s unfortunate that’s for sure, but statistically they are better. However, they have not had the injuries we have had but it’s coming. Right now, they are great but we know Ben will further injure his butt poke finger or AB will fake another concussion. Shouldn be long before Conner plays a Levion and says that he needs more money to complete the season because he has exceeded his expectations.

Our guys will grind it out like real NFL’ers and get stronger as the year progresses. So yes, I guess we need a thread like this.

It wouldn't even surprise me if both Conner and Rudolph just turned into terrible folks...

It's weird man, they have drafted a lot of good people and they just turn bad.

I still like Villanueva but that is about the only one cause he is a great vet and saved people but that is about it.

It's like the crossroads in the Pitt.

Pitt is the IT. Get the balloon in here lmao!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 10:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ahhh, thought i just took you wrong as i always agree with you.

We need a new LB coach that is for damn sure and a new DC that can draft some playmakers.

I think Pollack can draft some good O-lineman to solidify us in the trenches.
  It's the HC that bothers me about linebackers.
Consistently striking out.
Tez could have easily been a 1st round talent.
I guess I can give Marvin that one because he pushed to give him a chance. 

I have to agree with you on Pollack.  He should be able to choose better talent and keep developing the line.

Also it would benefit Dalton big-time by getting a more talented receiving TE.  Though Kroft and Uz aren't bad for depth.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote