Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler
(12-19-2015, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mitchell had all of 119 tackles in his first 4 years combined, while Burfict had an NFL-leading 173 tackles in 2013 alone. Burfict has been around the ball WAY more than Mitchell has in his career. The fact that Mitchell is anywhere near Burfict in fines should tell you something, as he hasn't had nearly as many opportunities to make dirty hits.

As for Harrison, call it what you want. The NFL started cracking down on head shots mainly thanks to Harrison. Hines had a rule named after him. The only people who won't acknowledge that the Steelers play dirty at times are Steeler fans. Read some comment sections in any article about Sunday's game. The consensus among non-Bengal/Steeler fans is that both teams embarrassed themselves and most seem to think that Burfict and the Steelers in general are dirty.

Break it down however you want, but 7 to 2 is a huge lead and Burfict is in it. Mitchell is not anywhere near Burfict in number of fines or total $ of fines.

The NFL starting cracking down on headshots after they got whooped in the former player concussion suits and when that one college player got hurt. That week Harrison, Patriots safety Meriweather and Falcons corner Robinson all got fined 50k for helmet hits to receivers. Harrison and Robinson got their reduced to 25k after 3-4 weeks because the league was getting criticized for randomly doling out huge fines. Meriweather launched to make his h2h, so his fine wasn't reduced. Harrison's play never drew flags or fines until Goodell had to make quick changes. Harrison wasn't about to change what made him a superstar and he became the posterboy. Fans deemed him dirty only after goodell made him a posterboy. Big whoop.

Hard hits don't compare to ankle twisting in piles. I defended Suh on some of his hits, but things like stomping are not football and deserve suspensions. Miller is hit h2h all the times, but it's a matter of trying to tackling the guy on a bang bang play - not an evil conspiracy to target. Targeting Ben's knee away from the play is not football.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 05:19 PM)Vlad Wrote: Yes.

The bengals defense is useless if they can't play dirty.

:rolleyes: Held big Jen to 1 passing td in 8quarters, but their useless. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 09:54 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Break it down however you want, but 7 to 2 is a huge lead and Burfict is in it. Mitchell is not anywhere near Burfict in number of fines or total $ of fines.

The NFL starting cracking down on headshots after they got whooped in the former player concussion suits and when that one college player got hurt. That week Harrison, Patriots safety Meriweather and Falcons corner Robinson all got fined 50k for helmet hits to receivers. Harrison and Robinson got their reduced to 25k after 3-4 weeks because the league was getting criticized for randomly doling out huge fines. Meriweather launched to make his h2h, so his fine wasn't reduced. Harrison's play never drew flags or fines until Goodell had to make quick changes. Harrison wasn't about to change what made him a superstar and he became the posterboy. Fans deemed him dirty only after goodell made him a posterboy. Big whoop.

Hard hits don't compare to ankle twisting in piles. I defended Suh on some of his hits, but things like stomping are not football and deserve suspensions. Miller is hit h2h all the times, but it's a matter of trying to tackling the guy on a bang bang play - not an evil conspiracy to target. Targeting Ben's knee away from the play is not football.

Of course Mitchell isn't dirty. He's a steeler and that's hard nose football. Burfict is dirty especially against the stoolers,but it's just par for the course. Not a conspiracy? Mitchell made it known what is intentions were, when he hit Marvin and jumped around celebrating a injury,then told AJ you're next. What does that say? I'm sure he wasn't about to give a reach around  Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:46 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Of course Mitchell isn't dirty. He's a steeler and that's hard nose football. Burfict is dirty especially against the stoolers,but it's just par for the course. Not a conspiracy? Mitchell made it known what is intentions were, when he hit Marvin and jumped around celebrating a injury,then told AJ you're next. What does that say? I'm sure he wasn't about to give a reach around  Rolleyes

The guy has two career fines for hits. You think he's dirty because you and others are butthurt over a clean hit he had and and the unconfirmed trash talk you think he's made. I point out that Burfict is at 7 and all you can do is blame me for not really carrying about Mitchell's 2 fines, while you ignore Burfict's 7.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:09 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The guy has two career fines for hits. You think he's dirty because you and others are butthurt over a clean hit he had and and the unconfirmed trash talk you think he's made. I point out that Burfict is at 7 and all you can do is blame me for not really carrying about Mitchell's 2 fines, while you ignore Burfict's 7.

I don't think anyone can argue Burfict,being dirty. To say Mitchell isn't a dirty player is non sense. I've seen him numerous times go low on players and you have too. Take the homer glasses off and watch. Burfict dirty? Yes,Mitchell dirty? Yes. All teams have them, but all teams also have people that can not or will not acknowledge it. You don't think Mitchell plays dirty?

Grant it this was wrote in June,but steelers have 2 on all time list. 
http://www.trendingtoplists.com/top-25-dirtiest-players-in-nfl-history/25

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:21 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I don't think anyone can argue Burfict,being dirty. To say Mitchell isn't a dirty player is non sense. I've seen him numerous times go low on players and you have too. Take the homer glasses off and watch. Burfict dirty? Yes,Mitchell dirty? Yes. All teams have them, but all teams also have people that can not or will not acknowledge it. You don't think Mitchell plays dirty?

It is very obvious to any objective football fan Mitchell hits to injure, legal is not in his mind set.

It is obvious Steelers most Steelers fans have no objectivity. I see references to 2005 and laugh. This Steelers team is a far cry from the 2005 Steelers team that was dominant on defense. The Steelers team has one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. The Steelers team will win not win the AFCN and will not sniff the Super Bowl simply because even healthy their defense is average at best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:21 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I don't think anyone can argue Burfict,being dirty. To say Mitchell isn't a dirty player is non sense. I've seen him numerous times go low on players and you have too. Take the homer glasses off and watch. Burfict dirty? Yes,Mitchell dirty? Yes. All teams have them, but all teams also have people that can not or will not acknowledge it. You don't think Mitchell plays dirty?

Mitchell has taken necessary, dumb penalties - not all of them relating to hard hitting - but sure he crosses the line. Going low is worse for a ball carriers health than going high, but going low is the only way to avoid a flag and fine. That's how Bell was taken out last year, but that part of the game. And don't whine about the hits on Heath, Bell or Ben that happen game after game so I'm not sure why you need me to label Mitchell the same way you do.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:45 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Mitchell has taken necessary, dumb penalties - not all of them relating to hard hitting - but sure he crosses the line. Going low is worse for a ball carriers health than going high, but going low is the only way to avoid a flag and fine. That's how Bell was taken out last year, but that part of the game. And don't whine about the hits on Heath, Bell or Ben that happen game after game so I'm not sure why you need me to label Mitchell the same way you do.

Whose whining? I accept Burfict as dirty. You're the one having a hard time grasping the reality of Mitchell. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is obvious Steelers most Steelers fans have no objectivity. I see references to 2005 and laugh. This Steelers team is a far cry from the 2005 Steelers team that was dominant on defense. The Steelers team has one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. The Steelers team will win not win the AFCN and will not sniff the Super Bowl simply because even healthy their defense is average at best.

But you're not being objective when you look only at the defense Lunvit,  or you would see that the 2005 Steelers offense was a far cry from the 2015 squad.

This is a great offense, nothing like it since the 70's.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:51 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Whose whining? I accept Burfict as dirty. You're the one having a hard time grasping the reality of Mitchell. 

You're mad because I won't trash talk mitchell, other than saying he is known to take dumb penalties. I'm not a homer, because I don't trash the opposing players that take penalties for hard hits on Steelers. I'm consistent. What I take exception to are things that aren't in the realm of football - such as stomping or ankle twisting after the play. Blasting a defenseless receiver - which is legal unless their helmet his it - is a normal football play, even if it breaks the new defenseless receivers rule.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:21 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I don't think anyone can argue Burfict,being dirty. To say Mitchell isn't a dirty player is non sense. I've seen him numerous times go low on players and you have too. Take the homer glasses off and watch. Burfict dirty? Yes,Mitchell dirty? Yes. All teams have them, but all teams also have people that can not or will not acknowledge it. You don't think Mitchell plays dirty?

In all honesty, I don't think either one of them are dirty.  Burfict plays hard, and likes to be an irritant (the ankle twisting, bag tag..).  Mike Mitchell yaps a lot so that brings attention to the way he plays.  It's his job to pop people over the middle.  It's real easy for us to say "He shouldn't hit him that low" or "He hit him in the helmet".  They are trying to bring down a moving target.  I don't think Burfict meant to try and hurt Ben.  I also don't think Mitchell was trying to seriously injure Eifert.  Ten years ago neither play would have raised an eyebrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Mitchell is accused of being dirty for going high on tackles and hits.

Mitchell is accused of being doing dirty for going low and hitting players in the knee.

Mitchell hits a guy right in the middle and we all know this place exploded over that hit.

In conclusion, Mike Mitchell does anything and this board thinks it's dirty.
Reply/Quote
I think the only thing the Steelers hate is playing pass defense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 08:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think the only thing the Steelers hate is playing pass defense.
I'm not sure why Denver is still trying to run the ball.
Reply/Quote
Anderson hurt on a double team tackle by Harrison and Mitchell. I'm glad those guys are watching the Bengals play right now and not this game.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 08:16 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm not sure why Denver is still trying to run the ball.

I tweeted earlier that the only running plays they should run are QB sneaks and broken plays.
Reply/Quote
3 and out to start the 2nd half, after settling for field goals the two drives to conclude the half. Well, 10-6 still gives us a shot at the 6th seed.
Reply/Quote
More conservative play calling from the Broncos and a bad punt gives the Steelers a second chance to come out of halftime. Maybe this time we will try eating into the lead.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 08:31 PM)6andcounting Wrote: More conservative play calling from the Broncos and a bad punt gives the Steelers a second chance to come out of halftime. Maybe this time we will try eating into the lead.

Whoa!  Whoa!

Gotta establish the running game first!
Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Broncos corners are damn good. A few penalties and they're getting beat, but still. They play physical, stick with their man, and keep good position to avoid penalties. Richard Sherman gets away with everything, but these guys are doing it clean.
Reply/Quote