Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler
(12-17-2015, 12:58 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Are you saying Bruschi was a dirty player?

I don't need to say anything, plenty of others have done it for me.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone noticed the inherent hypocrisy of this thread? The premise being that Burfict is the type of player the Steelers have employed for years, hence the type of player that Bengals fans have been complaining about for an equally long time. Essentially while this thread attempts to portray Steelers fans as hypocrites it catches Bengals fans in the exact same web. Oops?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: You mean the drama queen with the "migraines" and all of those "injuries" lied?

Sand in his vayjay 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 01:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Has anyone noticed the inherent hypocrisy of this thread?  The premise being that Burfict is the type of player the Steelers have employed for years, hence the type of player that Bengals fans have been complaining about for an equally long time.  Essentially while this thread attempts to portray Steelers fans as hypocrites it catches Bengals fans in the exact same web.  Oops?

Speaking for myself. I like the dirty play, the chippier the more entertaining. Im not looking for players to get seriously injured. However if a Steeler gets hurt over some questionable blocks or tackles you wont find me shedding a tear over it.  My only problem is with the reluctance of Steelers fans to acknowledge is that their players give about as much or not more than they get, and then try to spin it as just "hard-nosed" football.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:09 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Speaking for myself. I like the dirty play, the chippier the more entertaining. Im not looking for players to get seriously injured. However if a Steeler gets hurt over some questionable blocks or tackles you wont find me shedding a tear over it.  My only problem is with the reluctance of Steelers fans to acknowledge is that their players give about as much or not more than they get, and then try to spin it as just "hard-nosed" football.

Yup.....you can speak for me too.... Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 01:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Has anyone noticed the inherent hypocrisy of this thread?  The premise being that Burfict is the type of player the Steelers have employed for years, hence the type of player that Bengals fans have been complaining about for an equally long time.  Essentially while this thread attempts to portray Steelers fans as hypocrites it catches Bengals fans in the exact same web.  Oops?

It would only be an "oops" if I supported Burfict's dirty play. I don't. I'm good with some of the chippiness. I wasn't okay when he went after Cam's ankles last year, for example. I don't think I've ever seen a Steeler fan admit one of their players made a dirty play. Not even when Harrison ripped off that Browns QB's head, or when Hines made all of those useless crack backs 10 yards away from the ball. Legal? Sure, back then. Dirty and pointless (unless the point was to intimidate and injure)? You bet your ass.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I didn't read the whole thread, but it was a legal hit. It's illegal if both the QBs feet are on the ground.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 04:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn't read the whole thread, but it was a legal hit.  It's illegal if both the QBs feet are on the ground.

While it was ruled legal I think you are confusing the legality of it with a punter.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 04:48 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: While it was ruled legal I think you are confusing the legality of it with a punter.

No with the QB both feet have to be on the ground.  I remember looking it up another time, but I'll double check.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Never mind i was wrong. Grandstanding over for the day.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 06:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No with the QB both feet have to be on the ground.  I remember looking it up another time, but I'll double check.

Please provide that info...I have never seen anything about a QB's feet being on the ground.  I have in the case of Punters.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 06:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Never mind i was wrong.  Grandstanding over for the day.

LOL...That's okay....You're a Bengal fan, it's not unusual for you to grandstand while being wrong.... Tongue

Reply/Quote

Sooooooo......

Spiderman thread ?
Yes

[Image: calling_all_spideys.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So now that Burfict has been fined what useless defense are bungal fans going to try to use?

$70k for 3 different incidents in one game? But he's not a dirty player. Umm-kay.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 03:47 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So now that Burfict has been fined what useless defense are bungal fans going to try to use?

Yes.

The bengals defense is useless if they can't play dirty.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 03:47 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So now that Burfict has been fined what useless defense are bungal fans going to try to use?

$70k for 3 different incidents in one game?  But he's not a dirty player.  Umm-kay.

So now that Mike Mitchell etc have been fined, what useless defense are stooler fans going to  try to use?

$40k + for various incidents in one game (not including Spaeth's clearly dirty hit that wasn't fined)? But they're not a dirty team. Umm-kay.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 06:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So now that Mike Mitchell etc have been fined, what useless defense are stooler fans going to  try to use?

$40k + for various incidents in one game (not including Spaeth's clearly dirty hit that wasn't fined)? But they're not a dirty team. Umm-kay.

Burfict has 5 more incidents of being fined for dirty hits than Mitchell and Mitchell has been in the league 3.5 seasons longer.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 06:50 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Burfict has 5 more incidents of being fined for dirty hits  than Mitchell and Mitchell has been in the league 3.5 seasons longer.

He also barely played his fist 4 years. Nice try though. Also, what's Harrison's career fine total at these days?

Just face it, Steelers fans are hypocrites.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 07:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He also barely played his fist 4 years. Nice try though. Also, what's Harrison's career fine total at these days?

Just face it, Steelers fans are hypocrites.

He played in almost every game in his first four years, starter or not. Nonetheless, the only way 2 compares to 7 is if Mitchell was just drafted this past draft.

I could tell you exactly how many fines Harrison has over his entire career, but I'll just give you a hint: it's less than Burfict's 7. And watching people try to compare ankle twisting and diving into people AFTER to making football hits during a full speed play is always going to have me shaking my head in pity. Legal or illegal full speed yackle on the guy with the ball just doesn't compare to twisting ankles and diving at knees.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 07:30 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He played in almost every game in his first four years, starter or not. Nonetheless, the only way 2 compares to 7 is if Mitchell was just drafted this past draft.

I could tell you exactly how many fines Harrison has over his entire career, but I'll just give you a hint: it's less than Burfict's 7. And watching people try to compare ankle twisting and diving into people AFTER to making football hits during a full speed play is always going to have me shaking my head in pity. Legal or illegal full speed yackle on the guy with the ball just doesn't compare to twisting ankles and diving at knees.

Mitchell had all of 119 tackles in his first 4 years combined, while Burfict had an NFL-leading 173 tackles in 2013 alone. Burfict has been around the ball WAY more than Mitchell has in his career. The fact that Mitchell is anywhere near Burfict in fines should tell you something, as he hasn't had nearly as many opportunities to make dirty hits.

As for Harrison, call it what you want. The NFL started cracking down on head shots mainly thanks to Harrison. Hines had a rule named after him. The only people who won't acknowledge that the Steelers play dirty at times are Steeler fans. Read some comment sections in any article about Sunday's game. The consensus among non-Bengal/Steeler fans is that both teams embarrassed themselves and most seem to think that Burfict and the Steelers in general are dirty.
Reply/Quote