Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tax Hoax!
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/09/us/donald-trump-taxes-las-vegas.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

NYT kept digging. In 2016, his campaign was short on cash and Trump sought out a loan from Deutsche Bank, saying he needed the money for his golf course in Scotland. They turned him down, worried it would be funneled to his campaign.

Between January and April of 2016, he sold off $38.5m in stocks, but he seemingly had no options in the Fall after being denied a loan. He suddenly put $10m cash directly into his campaign.

This came around the same time that a hotel he co-owns made several payments for a total of $21m to companies that he owned which then went directly to him. The hotel wrote it off as a business expense.

This would be illegal if they were not actual business expenses and if they then were intended to go straight into the campaign. Not enough can be viewed from the records, but the story goes on to track the troubled finances of the campaign and the hotel co-owner's financial interest in a Trump presidency.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The SC will allow NY to get Trump's tax records.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: The SC will allow NY to get Trump's tax records.

A grand jury gets them, then?

Will we ever find out if there is anything worth public knowledge?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 01:36 PM)Dill Wrote: A grand jury gets them, then?

In a trial potentially. Although, if it got out in some form it wouldn't be the first time things from grand juries get out into the public somehow.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 01:36 PM)Dill Wrote: A grand jury gets them, then?

I heard a little bit this morning and from that I doubt the public sees anything.  But without knowing how the investigation will move forward I can't say that 100%.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote