Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trump business and the Trump Presidency are still one...
http://www.newsweek.com/eric-trump-sean-hannity-charity-foundation-golf-democrats-not-even-people-621985

Quote:The promised wall between the Trump Organization and the Trump presidency is no more—if it ever existed to begin with. On Tuesday evening, Eric Trump, one of the Trump children supposedly managing the family business while their father manages the nation, went on Fox News to complain about the Democratic Party in an astonishingly vitriolic attack. 

“To me, they’re not even people," the Trump scion told Sean Hannity about Democrats. "It’s so, so sad. Morality’s just gone. Morals have flown out the window, and we deserve so much better than this as a country."

Striking a self-righteous tone, Trump said of the Democrats, "They try and obstruct a great man; they try and obstruct his family." It is not clear how the Democrats have tried to obstruct the Trump family. Perhaps the reference was to the existence of federal ethics laws.

[/url]
[Image: DBr0IC7VwAA3ePb.jpg]

Quote:

Follow
[Image: mofw7nin_normal.jpg]Yashar Ali 

@yashar
Eric Trump, the son of the President of the United States, says Democrats aren't even people.
10:56 PM - 6 Jun 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Perhaps the young mogul was reeling from a report, published earlier that day by Forbes, that alleged that the Trump Organization demanded payment from the Eric Trump Foundation for a cancer fundraiser the charity held on a Trump golf course.

Or perhaps it was the widespread disgust, at least on social media, over the Trump sons seemingly attempting to profit from their father's presidenc by opening a new chain of hotels, American Idea, in Republican-leaning states.  

Maybe it was simply frustration over his father's presidency, and the need to find someone to blame for its shortcomings. 

“You see the Democratic Party, they’re imploding," Eric Trump told Hannity. "They’re imploding. They became obstructionists because they have no message of their own.” He also referred to Tom Perez, the new head of the Democratic National Committee, as a "whack job." The reasons for that assessment are not clear. 

View image on Twitter
[Image: DBsVe6HXcAE1Rlo.jpg:small]

Quote:

Follow
[Image: v39jWDt6_normal.jpg]Emmy Rossum 

@emmyrossum
Eric Trump says "Morality’s just gone, morals have flown out the window." This from a COWARD who kills for SPORT.
12:49 AM - 7 Jun 2017

•  

•  2,3402,340 Retweets

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=872314596580884480] 6,5736,573 likes

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Some may find Trump's lament about the erosion of morals ironic, since his father is frequently blamed for the collapse of American civic life, whether because of longstanding sexual misconduct allegations against him or mean-spirited attacks on Twitter against enemies both real and perceived.

But much like his father, Trump believes that the marketing mogul's unlikely victory in November justifies all subsequent (and prior) behavior.

"They lost the election that they should have won because they spent seven times the amount of money that my father spent," an irate Trump explained to Hannity.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
"I've never seen hatred like this before. They're not even people". Not exactly what was implied.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Not sure how his commenting on his dad's presidency breaks down the wall. (If there is one...I agree there.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-07-2017, 01:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: "I've never seen hatred like this before.  They're not even people".  Not exactly what was implied.

Oh!  Dangnabit!  I forgot to look at what was in his heart.

My bad.

Of course the other part is that any Trump in the DJT immediately family who wants to talk about a lack of morals has a pretty good source to compare to.
(06-07-2017, 01:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not sure how his commenting on his dad's presidency breaks down the wall. (If there is one...I agree there.)

I'm with you on this, really. There are many more things that could be pointed to than this, but this isn't him making policy decisions, it's just him spouting off at the mouth.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
As to the comments from Eric, how are the Democrats being obstructionist? There is literally nothing they can do to stop a unified government that has blown up every filibuster but the legislative one, and there hasn't been any legislative moves that have hit the floor in the Senate that they have threatened to filibuster.

Eric, and his father for that matter, keep using the term and trying to blame Democrats for their failings, but only rubes will fall for it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2017, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  Dangnabit!  I forgot to look at what was in his heart.

My bad.

Of course the other part is that any Trump in the DJT immediately family who wants to talk about a lack of morals has a pretty good source to compare to.

Not exactly what was implied by the article not him.

(06-07-2017, 01:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not exactly what was implied by the article not him.

What you implying?
(06-07-2017, 01:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: What you implying?

That they implied an implication that they inferred.

Newsweek magazine? Hmm, that sounds familiar.

Oh, yeah. I remember, it was once referenced in a Rick James song. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-07-2017, 01:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As to the comments from Eric, how are the Democrats being obstructionist? There is literally nothing they can do to stop a unified government that has blown up every filibuster but the legislative one, and there hasn't been any legislative moves that have hit the floor in the Senate that they have threatened to filibuster.

Eric, and his father for that matter, keep using the term and trying to blame Democrats for their failings, but only rubes will fall for it.

People are still talking about a former candidates emails in reference to current and recent officials working for or with Russians. People are still talking about Obama's (or Clinton's) shadow government and how we need to get Trump's government in place to get rid of it.

This isn't a few people spouting silly ideas on the internet, it's hundreds of thousands (maybe more) believing in absurdity of the above and much more.
(06-07-2017, 02:29 PM)Benton Wrote: People are still talking about a former candidates emails in reference to current and recent officials working for or with Russians. People are still talking about Obama's (or Clinton's) shadow government and how we need to get Trump's government in place to get rid of it.

This isn't a few people spouting silly ideas on the internet, it's hundreds of thousands (maybe more) believing in absurdity of the above and much more.

I know there are a lot of them, doesn't make them any less naive, ignorant, whatever you want to call it. Maybe I have too much faith in our general public that the sensible are greater in number and will prevail.

(06-07-2017, 02:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know there are a lot of them, doesn't make them any less naive, ignorant, whatever you want to call it. Maybe I have too much faith in our general public that the sensible are greater in number and will prevail.

Did you not see the election results?  Ninja
(06-07-2017, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did you not see the election results?  Ninja

We were greater in number. Ninja

(06-07-2017, 02:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We were greater in number. Ninja

But didn't prevail....  Whatever
I read about the charity thing, which itself should be a separate issue discussed outside of the lack of deinvestment from Trump and his businesses.

Basically Eric had a really nice charity that, when it was run by him and his friends who weren't Trump employees, mostly made a lot of money for children's cancer. Trump found out that they were letting Eric use the course for free and got pissed. A number of Eric's friends were no longer board members and people who worked for the Trump Organization became the majority of the board members for the charity. At this point, Trump began charging for the course, but he had the Trump Charity (which he hasn't given to in years) donate the cost to use the golf course to Eric who then used it to pay Trump for the gold course. Essentially, charity money to the Trump charity went back into paying the Trump organization. The "costs" of the Trump course are outlandish and defy any logical explanation. Essentially, Trump is overcharging for his course and getting the fee from charitable donations to childhood cancer research.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]