Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread}
(09-15-2015, 12:42 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It's berserker, I'm surprised people can't tell just by reading his posts lol

I wish I could complain about people being dicks too, but I'm about 2 seconds away from being banned every other day Smirk

I thought maybe it was Andy's dad or something.

-"I will have to disagree.  But we're all entitled to our opinions.  I'm sticking to mine." Regular JN poster.

-"You're batshit crazy, you dumbass.  Eat shit and die."  - Royal Douche
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 12:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I thought maybe it was Andy's dad or something.

-"I will have to disagree.  But we're all entitled to our opinions.  I'm sticking to mine." Regular JN poster.

-"You're batshit crazy, you dumbass.  Eat shit and die."  - Royal Douche

That's fine if it were an opinion play.
But he's trying to ignore a very important part of the play for no reason.
It's to make Andy look worse, so no surprise you seem to take his side.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's fine if it were an opinion play.

I don't recall taking a side. I just think you're being an asshole.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 12:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: We're you on the old board?  What was your name?

Also, why are you such an asshole to everyone you disagree with?  It seems like there's no revving up either.  Just zero to asshole in about .1 seconds.  What a ***** dick.

Well, you little **** mongrel, there was plenty of revving. 
He was just being obtuse on purpose. 
To say the penalty was irrelevant, to say AJ wasn't open or to say it would have been picked is flat out wrong. The DB was clearly out of position and the ball was thrown where it should have been. The hold and subsequent contact is what made it look close. That's the essence of the play. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's fine if it were an opinion play.

I'm definitely not trying to make Andy look worse. I'd challenge you to find any reference of me doing so, on this board or elsewhere. I have been one of his staunchest supporters. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:22 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'm definitely not trying to make Andy look worse. I'd challenge you to find any reference of me doing so, on this board or elsewhere. I have been one of his staunchest supporters. 

This is true. DA is one of the guys that I never see jumping in on the negative Andy stuff, that much I can vouch for. On this particular play in question, I can see where he's coming from with that type of pass being dangerous, but it doesn't make tooooo much sense given all of the stuff berserker has already pointed out.

I only had an issue with maybe 2 passes in that entire game from Andy, but that wasn't one of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well, you little **** mongrel, there was plenty of revving. 
He was just being obtuse on purpose. 
To say the penalty was irrelevant, to say AJ wasn't open or to say it would have been picked is flat out wrong. The DB was clearly out of position and the ball was thrown where it should have been. The hold and subsequent contact is what made it look close. That's the essence of the play. 

I'm not sure you understand the definition of obtuse

AJ wasn't open. The DB was on him the entire play, your replay verifies this. The ball was thrown way inside, also verified in your replay. It was not thrown where it should have been. Ive already explained that the DB was outta position. The penalty/contact did not make the play look close. The horrible read did. 

I've already explained my opinion on the actual penalty on the play. Remove that and the pass is picked for 6. It was a horrible read and throw by Andy, there's just no other way to put it. 

Now, I'm gonna try really hard not to engage with you on this topic anymore. You see it your way, I see it mine. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: This is true. DA is one of the guys that I never see jumping in on the negative Andy stuff, that much I can vouch for. On this particular play in question, I can see where he's coming from with that type of pass being dangerous, but it doesn't make tooooo much sense given all of the stuff berserker has already pointed out.

I only had an issue with maybe 2 passes in that entire game from Andy, but that wasn't one of them.

Like I said, you're focusing on the WR and DB, where I'm focusing on the QB. The contact is irrelevant in this regard. AJ was blanketed and the throw was way inside. 

Appreciate ya stepping up for me though. I've never said a negative thing about Andy. I don't even think bringing this up is all that negative. It's a simple observation. It's one throw in one game that I didn't like. 

This guy is getting his panties all bunched up over nothing. I've tried to end the debate in the best way possible. We can agree to disagree. But this guy wants to keep going and well, it's the interwebs, we all how know difficult it can be for even the most level headed of us to walk away. Hence, why I keep replying. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:44 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Like I said, you're focusing on the WR and DB, where I'm focusing on the QB. The contact is irrelevant in this regard. AJ was blanketed and the throw was way inside. 

Appreciate ya stepping up for me though. I've never said a negative thing about Andy. I don't even think bringing this up is all that negative. It's a simple observation. It's one throw in one game that I didn't like. 

This guy is getting his panties all bunched up over nothing. I've tried to end the debate in the best way possible. We can agree to disagree. But this guy wants to keep going and well, it's the interwebs, we all how know difficult it can be for even the most level headed of us to walk away. Hence, why I keep replying. 

You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree as I felt AJ had position on the CB, placed the ball where only AJ could catch it (I know the CB tipped it, but not clean catch for the CB). I also agree the holding penalty was the only reason the CB was able to tip it, no hold, it is a TD in my opinion.

On a side note, I saw AJ fight for the ball. I thought hos rookie year he fought for everything, the past few years I felt his on the ball in fighting was sub standard for any WR, let alone an elite or almost elite WR. It was very encouraging. I have seen Antonio Brown literally steal receptions/TD's from CB's and that is what I want to see from AJ. I thought this was a great step in that direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:35 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'm not sure you understand the definition of obtuse

AJ wasn't open. The DB was on him the entire play, your replay verifies this. The ball was thrown way inside, also verified in your replay. It was not thrown where it should have been. Ive already explained that the DB was outta position. The penalty/contact did not make the play look close. The horrible read did. 

I've already explained my opinion on the actual penalty on the play. Remove that and the pass is picked for 6. It was a horrible read and throw by Andy, there's just no other way to put it. 

Now, I'm gonna try really hard not to engage with you on this topic anymore. You see it your way, I see it mine. 

1. It's called throwing him open. The DB was out of position. As soon as AJ turned, he was open. It's an anticipation play.

2. It was only "way inside" because the DB held him and used it to leverage his way to the ball. 

3. Remove the penalty and it's a TD because the DB had no shot at the ball otherwise. THAT'S WHY HE HAD TO HOLD HIM
Reply/Quote
I really like this thread. Want to talk Andy? Dive in.

Don't? Read the rest of the board.

Well done.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:21 PM)pid=\62917 Wrote:It's like a car wreck .... this is my last reply to you. 

Quote:1. It's called throwing him open. The DB was out of position. As soon as AJ turned, he was open. It's an anticipation play.

first, you don't 'throw a guy open' to the inside on that play. Second, the DB was outta position to make the pick, otherwise he was on AJ's hip, therefore AJ was covered

Quote:2. It was only "way inside" because the DB held him and used it to leverage his way to the ball.

It was inside because it was a poor throw. In fact, it looked like AJ made the correct read in trying to entice Andy to 'lead' him outside. That's when the hold occurred. Nevertheless, the ball was inside despite any contact between AJ and DJ. 

Quote:3. Remove the penalty and it's a TD because the DB had no shot at the ball otherwise. THAT'S WHY HE HAD TO HOLD HIM

this is getting redundant. See my previous replies. Also, see them for future posts on this topic. I have nothing more to say about it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:44 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Like I said, you're focusing on the WR and DB, where I'm focusing on the QB. The contact is irrelevant in this regard. AJ was blanketed and the throw was way inside. 

Watch all the replays. You can focus on the QB all you'd like, but the ball hit the CB on the right shoulder pad. Realistically, from the angles, that throw wouldve been on the "1" of AJ's numbers if it didn't hit the CBs pads. 

If Dalton realized it was a blatant hold and threw it there, why is that a poor decision? Most QBs in this league will throw in the direction of their receiver if there is an obvious hold or defensive PI coming up on that DB. AJ being held on this play is as clear as day.

But that's aside the point. It was a good decision. You can't get blame Andy for releasing the ball before AJ was pulled back on his hook (still a lot of holding before). Which probably made the entire thing look like in your eyes a poor throw to the inside. 

Its ok with having an opinion of that throw, but if you're going to dismiss the entire situation (QB, WR, DB, holding, placement, route, etc.) and you can't provide any valid point for your opinion other than the throw looked inside and you've seen pick 6s (which we all have) then your opinion is irrelevant. 
Reply/Quote
He should really step up his pregame hype speech or just stop...

http://www.webn.com/onair/the-kiddchris-show-49404/boy-andy-dalton-really-gets-his-13949675/
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 02:39 PM)jgott32 Wrote: He should really step up his pregame hype speech or just stop...

http://www.webn.com/onair/the-kiddchris-show-49404/boy-andy-dalton-really-gets-his-13949675/

Blame the coaches who keep pushing him to be something he's not.

If leadership is that valuable to the coaches, then they should look for those types in the draft. They don't.

Fwiw, the QB doesn't always have to be the leader. Flacco and Eli hardly say a word. Players on their defense led the team. Ray Lewis, Suggs, Tuck, Strahan, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Andy set his bar for this season last week. He was cool, calm, accurate, in control and under control. It was a reminder of what he's capable of. This is what he will be measured against. It won't always be that easy but there absolutely should be no stinkers. If he plays like that, we are absolutely a SB contender.

Would like to see him keep building on last week and by the time the playoffs roll around, be on such a roll there will be no stopping him. If he can just get to that place where he's gonna play his game whether it's September or January, day, night, weekend or weekday, everything else will fall into place.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 06:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Blame the coaches who keep pushing him to be something he's not.

If leadership is that valuable to the coaches, then they should look for those types in the draft. They don't.

Fwiw, the QB doesn't always have to be the leader. Flacco and Eli hardly say a word. Players on their defense led the team. Ray Lewis, Suggs, Tuck, Strahan, etc.

I agree. He's better at just being a QB than he is at being the calm collected leader. AJ isn't going to be the guy either. Someone needs to pick up the hat of leader on offense though. Hill maybe?

On defense we've got a lot more leader types in Burfict and, believe it or not, Adam Jones, who set the tone the last week.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 08:33 PM)McC Wrote: Andy set his bar for this season last week.  He was cool, calm, accurate, in control and under control.  It was a reminder of what he's capable of.  This is what he will be measured against.  It won't always be that easy but there absolutely should be no stinkers.  If he plays like that, we are absolutely a SB contender.

Would like to see him keep building on last week and by the time the playoffs roll around, be on such a roll there will be no stopping him.  If he can just get to that place where he's gonna play his game whether it's September or January, day, night, weekend or weekday, everything else will fall into place.

I still have a wait and see attitude though. But, I hope you are right.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 06:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Blame the coaches who keep pushing him to be something he's not.

Dalton should just hire someone to write a pregame speech
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 08:47 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton should just hire someone to write a pregame speech

Or the fans should just realize that what's said in a pregame speech does literal nothing to affect the outcome of a football game.

These are adult, professional athletes. I don't care if Ray Lewis is screaming as loud as he can about killing people or if Jay Cutler whispers in the huddle that he enjoys coloring books. These guys are going to be putting whatever effort they were originally going to be putting into that game regardless
Reply/Quote