Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread}
(11-19-2017, 04:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're the one who steered this towards a Palmer discussion.

Palmer was a soft Cali boy. Always whining about his receivers to deflect blame from himself. Remember how he used to throw his arms up after an INT, looking at Chad? He's done the same crap in both Oakland and AZ. It's always someone else's fault. Sorry if I don't view his laundry list of injuries as proof of his "toughness". Dalton has taken far more of a beating and continually gets back up. If you don't think he's fighting his way through any injuries, you're fooling yourself.

I loved Palmer. Still hold him in high regard, but the way he's held on a pedestal by the same folks who have their pitchforks out for Andy is ridiculous. Talk about two different standards.

Dude you are disingenuous. Every chance you get you bash Palmer.

I freely and openly admit I do not think highly of Andy Dalton’s quarterback ability. His physical ability is lacking, his field generalship is lacking and his tenacity is lacking. That is only my opinion but I do not pretend like I do not see it that way.

As I stated I believe Andy Dalton has had the best Bengals roster top to bottom over the longest period of time of any quarterback we have ever had. While I do not hold Andy squarely accountable on the squandering of this opportunity I do believe he did nothing to capitalize on it. For that I am not now nor ever will be a fan of Andy Dalton‘s, I am a fan of our quarterback who happens to be Andy Dalton. I root for him to do well and wish him the best but fear when it counts he will fold. Andy looks great when the going is good and is not relevant when he is need it to be the difference maker.

I have refrained from posting on the board for a long long time. I felt it did no good to my fellow Bengals fans for me to come here and ***** about Andy Dalton. However when pot shots are taken at the one guy who
took Mikey boy to task I have issue with it. To pretend that AD and CP are interchangeable is Comical (Strictly in my opinion of course).
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:09 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: As I stated I believe Andy Dalton has had the best Bengals roster top to bottom over the longest period of time of any quarterback we have ever had. While I do not hold Andy squarely accountable on the squandering of this opportunity I do believe he did nothing to capitalize on it.

See brother, that's the bigger point IMO...much more so than either Carson or Andy - what have any of Marvin's rosters done to capitalize on their opportunities? Those rosters, all of them, have collectively shit the bed not only against the Steelers, but in prime time and the postseason as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:09 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Dude you are disingenuous. Every chance you get you bash Palmer.

I freely and openly admit I do not think highly of Andy Dalton’s quarterback ability. His physical ability is lacking, his field generalship is lacking and his tenacity is lacking. That is only my opinion but I do not pretend like I do not see it that way.

As I stated I believe Andy Dalton has had the best Bengals roster top to bottom over the longest period of time of any quarterback we have ever had. While I do not hold Andy squarely accountable on the squandering of this opportunity I do not believe he did nothing to capitalize on it. For that I am not now nor ever will be a fan of Andy Dalton‘s, I am a fan of our quarterback who happens to be Andy Dalton. I root for him to do well and wish him the best but fear when it counts he will fold. Andy looks great when the going is good and is not relevant when he is need it to be the difference maker.

I have refrained from posting on the board for a long long time. I felt it did no good to my fellow Bengals fans for me to come here and ***** about Andy Dalton. However when pot shots are taken at the one guy who
took Mikey boy to task I have issue with it. To pretend that AD and CP are interchangeable is Comical (Strictly in my opinion of course).

Stop pretending to know my intentions. I feel the same way about Dalton as I did about Palmer. I defend one because much of the bashing is false or based on false narratives. I "bash" Palmer because a lot of people have glorified him in their minds and seemingly think he had no flaws. As far as on field production, there isn't much difference at all between Palmer and Dalton. You wouldn't know that from their reputations and fan opinions though.

Even on the old boards, I was the same. Never bashed Palmer for "quitting". I only took issue with those who viewed him as elite or talked like he was Peyton Manning. 

The post that started all this wasn't a "pot shot" at Palmer, it was meant to show that Marvin Lewis is the problem. Personally, I used to argue with guys at work that Palmer was better than Ben. So no...I'm not a Palmer hater. I think Palmer's career was wasted here just as Dalton's has been. I just don't like how fans hold Dalton to ridiculously high standards and ignore how awful this franchise is, then speak about Palmer as if he were some legend and blame all his losing on how awful the franchise is.

See the double standard? You talk about Palmer "taking Mikey to task". Welp. Dalton is stuck with the same ownership and coach. Like Palmer, he's been good, but can't achieve true success.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: See brother, that's the bigger point IMO...much more so than either Carson or Andy - what have any of Marvin's rosters done to capitalize on their opportunities? Those rosters, all of them, have collectively shit the bed not only against the Steelers, but in prime time and the postseason as well.

Carson had some great rosters, too. We just need to stop having tunnel vision on the QB and start seeing that the problem goes a little deeper than that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Carson had some great rosters, too. We just need to stop having tunnel vision on the QB and start seeing that the problem goes a little deeper than that.

2005 is still the best Bengals team I've ever seen. I'm 29. 
That offense was insane. 
Chad, TJ, Henry, Rudi, Levi, Steiny, Richie, Willie, Bobbie, Jeremi 
Pro-bowl/All-Pro caliber players at so many spots. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 2005 is still the best Bengals team I've ever seen. I'm 29. 
That offense was insane. 

A roster contains defense and special teams too! Neither was that good.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 2005 is still the best Bengals team I've ever seen. I'm 29. 
That offense was insane. 

Best offensive talent I've ever seen on the Bengals, no doubt. 

The defense wasn't good, but they led the league in forced turnovers, which helped the offense. Honestly, that defense was better than their rankings indicate. They had 3 games where they imploded that year, but they were solid otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:53 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: A roster contains defense and special teams too! Neither was that good.

(11-19-2017, 05:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Best offensive talent I've ever seen on the Bengals, no doubt. 

The defense wasn't good, but they led the league in forced turnovers, which helped the offense.

Defense was okay. Special teams was alright.

They were built like the Saints and Colts that won super bowls just a few years later. 

Score 35, give up 28. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Defense was okay. Special teams was alright.

They were built like the Saints and Colts that won super bowls just a few years later. 

Score 35, give up 28. 

Fun fact. That 2005 defense held opponents to 17 or less 7 times.

They only gave up 28+ 4 times. Again, not saying they were good, but they had their moments.

Anyways, we really got away from my original point. Palmer himself played poorly against the Steelers, in prime-time and in his playoff game. I'm not sure what defense has to do with anything other than to divert from that fact. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 06:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fun fact. That 2005 defense held opponents to 17 or less 7 times.

They only gave up 28+ 4 times. Again, not saying they were good, but they had their moments.

Anyways, we really got away from my original point. Palmer himself played poorly against the Steelers, in prime-time and in his playoff game. I'm not sure what defense has to do with anything other than to divert from that fact. 

Right, but in the playoffs you'd face better teams so you'd give up more was my point. But I digress. 

Marvin lead teams will always fail in the big moments because Marvin is stuck in 2004 and the league has passed him by. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 09:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fun fact. That 2005 defense held opponents to 17 or less 7 times.

He did play poorly but as you proved better than AD has against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:45 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: He did play poorly but as you proved better than AD has against the Steelers.

By like 1 QB rating point? Lol I'm done. Now you're just light weight trolling.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 04:36 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Nice response other than Palmer is softer than AD!!!

That is truly laughable. How do you make that type of BS statement? Based on what? CP telling this  turd of a owner to kiss his ass? His ability to return from serious injuries? His ability to shoulder the blame for diva receivers and poor coaching, time and time again? The statements of his strong leadership by the likes  of Larry Fitz and other HOF’ers? Who has ever said AD is “strong” or a leader. Of all the Bengals quarterbacks you mentioned earlier in the post AD gets rattled the quickest and Melts under the pressure quicker than any of them.

AD has had the advantage of the strongest roster top the bottom of ANY Bengals quarterback of all time. He has done nothing with it when it is nut cutting time.

BTW this is the all things AD thread...just saying

LMAO......come on man...... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO......come on man...... LMAO

Don't you know he's had AJ Green on offense? Obviously he's had the best Bengals roster ever just because of that. Don't mention that 3 out of his 7 years his OL played horrible, and he hasn't ever had a running game, and that he's only had a decent #2 WR one year, and that our defense can never stop the run, and that he's constantly changing OCs, and.....
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 11:26 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Don't you know he's had AJ Green on offense? Obviously he's had the best Bengals roster ever just because of that. Don't mention that 3 out of his 7 years his OL played horrible, and he hasn't ever had a running game, and that he's only had a decent #2 WR one year, and that our defense can never stop the run, and that he's constantly changing OCs, and.....

Yeah, I mean, we've had two QBs that played in Super Bowls, which featured our lone HOFer on the rosters. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Heck, I think Jeff Blake had a couple years where his weapons were better than anything Andy's had.

He had Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott for his entire tenure. Corey Dillon. Garrison Hearst. Tony McGee. Some respectable lines.

The only thing Dalton has had better than Blake is that that Green is *maybe* a pinch better than Pickens.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 01:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck, I think Jeff Blake had a couple years where his weapons were better than anything Andy's had.

He had Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott for his entire tenure. Corey Dillon. Garrison Hearst. Tony McGee. Some respectable lines.

The only thing Dalton has had better than Blake is that that Green is *maybe* a pinch better than Pickens.

Pickens was kind of a dbag so he gets forgotten a lot on top of being a 90s Cincy player...

Corey Dillon is probably a top 5 Bengal ever and if we had a line with him like we had in 05...good god. 
I love Rudi but Dillon would have set records all damn day. 

I'd say Dillon and Green are a wash in terms of being elite talents. I'd argue Pickens was better than any 2nd tier guy Dalton has had. 
Reply/Quote
I'm still cracking up at the poster (who's name I do remember, but I don't want to "name and shame") called Dalton a dumbass for taking a TO (instead of taking the penalty) at the same time he throws his 3rd TD pass. LOL

It does inspire me to start calling all Dalton haters "Dalton's Dumbasses". LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 02:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Pickens was kind of a dbag so he gets forgotten a lot on top of being a 90s Cincy player...

Corey Dillon is probably a top 5 Bengal ever and if we had a line with him like we had in 05...good god. 
I love Rudi but Dillon would have set records all damn day. 

I'd say Dillon and Green are a wash in terms of being elite talents. I'd argue Pickens was better than any 2nd tier guy Dalton has had. 

I'd take Darnay over any secondary player Dalton has had as well. All Darnay did was go for at least 800 yards in all 7 years he was in Cincy. 

Averaging 15.2 yards/catch. One of the most underrated Bengals, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 02:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd take Darnay over any secondary player Dalton has had as well. All Darnay did was go for at least 800 yards in all 7 years he was in Cincy. 

Averaging 15.2 yards/catch. One of the most underrated Bengals, IMO.

It's like a healthy reliable Marvin Jones...
Reply/Quote