Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread}
(11-26-2018, 04:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wonder how many people remember what they were doing on October 3, 1994?

I remember exactly what i was doing. Watching David Klingler, then Don Hollas get knocked out of the game against the Browns and seeing this little dude named Jeff Blake finish the game, looking nothing like an NFL QB. Right after the game i literally ripped the Bengals tee that i was wearing right off and threw it down the steps into the basement. I was completely disgusted  and done with the shit show that was the Bengals of the early/mid 90s. The next couple years were at least pretty entertaining and gave the city something to cheer about. 

Driskel may not give near that spark but i'm done...done...done...watching Dalton run out there week after week and give the same mediocre performance. 

We weren't watching down here, it was blacked out. Mellow

I'm not saying go either way.....but if I'm looking to trade a guy, I'm not going to bench him and lose value.  I don't care if they trade the whole team, nothing will change until Merv is gone and someone commits Son of Paul to a home.  Also, I think 14 would do better elsewhere with better coaching, Palmer did.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's the anti-McCarron. Hyper-athletic with a good arm. McCarron was more accurate though, generally. Driskel was sailing some of those throws pretty high (a leaping 6'5" Tate couldn't get to some of them). Gotta admit I was encouraged by what I've seen from Driskel. He's not going to be a starter anytime soon, but he could be a solid backup and spot starter. 

I'm not sold on Driskel by a long shot. But i'd rather see him get a weeks worth or reps and AJ and see how he performs to find out how viable he is--as a starter or backup. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Driskel may not give near that spark but i'm done...done...done...watching Dalton run out there week after week and give the same mediocre performance. 

In 4 of our five wins Dalton had a passer rating over 100.

So I guess you have not been watching many games this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you watched the throws Driskel made yesterday, and still think he looks the same as McCarron, i don't know how to reply to you because they were nothing like the same. My guess is Driskel was hyped and several of his throws were off target. Combine that with very limited reps and there you go. 

I'm more than happy to allow him to get 100% of the reps this week and hopefully get AJ back and see how he does. If he succeeds, great for them and us. If he fails, no shocker and we're right back to where we were before the Browns, needing a QB that can make tough throws under pressure.

Funny thing on one of Driskel's good passes for TD they showed AJ and he mouthed "that's what I'm talkin' bout" with an amazed look on his face. LOL 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not sold on Driskel by a long shot. But i'd rather see him get a weeks worth or reps and AJ and see how he performs to find out how viable he is--as a starter or backup. 

He should play this weekend.....sprained thumb on the throwing hand is no bueno.  I liked some things he did out there, and a few, not so much.  I'd be interested to see what a new regime here would do regarding the QB situation.  So, in other words, I won't be very interested. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 4 of our five wins Dalton had a passer rating over 100.

So I guess you have not been watching many games this season.

I watch them all. How great has he been since week 5?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 03:38 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I made the assumption it would be hard to get any value for Dalton because of how teams view him as a player. You're stupid for assuming Dalton is ranked as an above average qb. That is not how nfl gm's would rank him.

GMs who need a QB would LOVE to have Andy as their starter for $16 million.

Just because Bengal fans hate him does not mean GMs do also.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not sold on Driskel by a long shot. But i'd rather see him get a weeks worth or reps and AJ and see how he performs to find out how viable he is--as a starter or backup. 

Well he'll probably get his shot this week. I'm with Wyche though. Nothing will change with Marv at the helm and Mikey unwilling to change. 

I was a huge Blake fan too...it was fun to watch, but ultimately led nowhere as the coaching was poor and Mikey wasn't willing to shore up that defense. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you watched the throws Driskel made yesterday, and still think he looks the same as McCarron, i don't know how to reply to you because they were nothing like the same. My guess is Driskel was hyped and several of his throws were off target. Combine that with very limited reps and there you go. 

I'm more than happy to allow him to get 100% of the reps this week and hopefully get AJ back and see how he does. If he succeeds, great for them and us. If he fails, no shocker and we're right back to where we were before the Browns, needing a QB that can make tough throws under pressure.

I've watched them all. I can even tell you the route concepts and the defenses he was throwing against. His presnap understanding of what he was seeing was just not there. He did better improvising than following the play as designed sans a couple plays. He threw two passes that should have been interceptions because he simply didn't know what he was looking at pre snap not because they were inaccurate. 

AJ struggled with a lot of the same pre snap reading issued and it's why he could throw against man but struggled with more exotic zone defenses, especially with matching concepts.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well he'll probably get his shot this week. I'm with Wyche though. Nothing will change with Marv at the helm and Mikey unwilling to change. 

I was a huge Blake fan too...it was fun to watch, but ultimately led nowhere as the coaching was poor and Mikey wasn't willing to shore up that defense. 

Yep.....loved watching Blake during the regional road games....lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well he'll probably get his shot this week. I'm with Wyche though. Nothing will change with Marv at the helm and Mikey unwilling to change. 

No doubt, i don't see anything going anywhere with the current staff either. But i'd still like to watch some entertaining...gasp...and even exciting football if i'm going to sit down for 3 hrs every Sunday. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....loved watching Blake during the regional road games....lol.

Lmao..that's all we got back then. Blacked out every other week.

I got a lot of my Blake era info from the Enquirer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I watch them all. How great has he been since week 5?

In week 6 he posted a 92 rating and led a clutch 75 yard scoring drive for the go ahead score in the final minute.

In week 8 he posted a 107.5 rating.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No doubt, i don't see anything going anywhere with the current staff either. But i'd still like to watch some entertaining...gasp...and even exciting football if i'm going to sit down for 3 hrs every Sunday. 

I feel ya. Watching Driskel was the only semi-entertaining thing yesterday. I get that people are absolutely starved for ANYTHING new.

Same "GM" for 30 years. Same coach for 16 years. Same QB/core for 8 years. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No doubt, i don't see anything going anywhere with the current staff either. But i'd still like to watch some entertaining...gasp...and even exciting football if i'm going to sit down for 3 hrs every Sunday. 

(11-26-2018, 04:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel ya. Watching Driskel was the only semi-entertaining thing yesterday. I get that people are absolutely starved for ANYTHING new.

Same "GM" for 30 years. Same coach for 16 years. Same QB/core for 8 years. 

Agree....it was fun for a minute....and.....gasp....even the damn defense started to play after some Brownies started pushing and shoving them after plays.  I can tell you one thing gentlemen....if a SOB handed my coach an INT ball, and another was simultaneously showboating around my home stadium.....if my team couldn't win the game, those two mfers would have been DECLEATED at some point during the contest.  Bare minimum.  How in the hell do you let that go on in your house and not show any fire or emotion until midway through the 3rd quarter?  Pitiful.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: GMs who need a QB would LOVE to have Andy as their starter for $16 million.

Just because Bengal fans hate him does not mean GMs do also.

That's an extreme assumption when they can get someone like Fitzpatrick for 2 million or Bradford for 5 million. There's no way that you can say Dalton is substantially better than those two qb's

Daltons career qb rating of 88 would put him around 17. Also, he's had above average weapons and has performed very badly in the playoffs.  

I did see a gm ranking that had Dalton ranked 22 in the league out of all starters, which is bottom 10 in the league over the last 8 years. 

If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Dalton needs an Oline that's at least decent/average but with rare exceptions so does every other QB. And just as important he needs an OC/HC that know how to scheme to his strengths.

And like you and Wyche and others say it's never going to happen under Mikey. 

Show of hands how many people think Mahomes would be having the same season if he were here now ? How many people thought Goff was a bust ? Coaching matters !!!
Reply/Quote
Let's look at all these teams that would love to have Andy as their starting QB:

NE- No
NYJ- No
MIA- Maybe
BUF- No
PIT- No
BAL- No
CLV- No
IND- No
TEN- Maybe
HOU- No
JAX- Yes
KC- No
OAK- Maybe
LAC-No
DEN-Maybe
WAS- No
NYG- Yes
DAL-No
PHI-No
MIN-No
GBP-No
CHI-No
DET-No
ATL- No
TBB-Yes
CAR-No
NOS-No
ARZ-No
LAR-No
SEA-No
SFF-No
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 03:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: In a league where Mike Glennon got signed to be a starter....twice, and Sam Bradford keeps getting jobs he will be valued plenty highly enough. Keenum makes more than Dalton and Keenum is not better than Dalton.

The report I saw from a sports medical personality was two weeks. Also not an injury that should get worse with use, more of a pain threshold issue. 

Listen, sitting Dalton out will have absolutely ZERO chance of decreasing his value.  He's been in the league 8 years and it would 100% not increase his value by playing him

He isn't being benched, the team would keep him out because of possible further damage to his THROWING HAND. 

It isn't like he injured a non essential thing, he injured his thumb on his throwing hand you moron. If he plays there's a good chance that injury becomes much worse and he goes into the off season looking at months before it heals. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree....it was fun for a minute....and.....gasp....even the damn defense started to play after some Brownies started pushing and shoving them after plays.  I can tell you one thing gentlemen....if a SOB handed my coach an INT ball, and another was simultaneously showboating around my home stadium.....if my team couldn't win the game, those two mfers would have been DECLEATED at some point during the contest.  Bare minimum.  How in the hell do you let that go on in your house and not show any fire or emotion until midway through the 3rd quarter?  Pitiful.

We have no heart.

(11-26-2018, 04:57 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: That's an extreme assumption when they can get someone like Fitzpatrick for 2 million or Bradford for 5 million. There's no way that you can say Dalton is substantially better than those two qb's

Daltons career qb rating of 88 would put him around 22. Also, he's had above average weapons and has performed very badly in the playoffs.  

I did see a gm ranking that had Dalton ranked 22 in the league out of all starters, which is bottom 10 in the league over the last 8 years. 

Dalton's career passer rating ranks 11th among active players. 10th among QB's who didn't pull a Rick Ankiel and are actually still starting.

(11-26-2018, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's look at all these teams that would love to have Andy as their starting QB:

NE- Maybe. Brady is 41.
NYJ- Maybe. Darnold looks like crap.
MIA- Maybe
BUF- Maybe. Josh Allen looked like crap and Dalton is a local hero.
PIT- Maybe, if Ben stops waffling and actually retires.
BAL- No
CLV- No
IND- No
TEN- Maybe
HOU- No
JAX- Yes
KC- No
OAK- Maybe
LAC-No
DEN-Maybe
WAS- Maybe - Alex Smith just suffered a major injury, will be 35 years old, and Jay loves Andy
NYG- Yes
DAL-No
PHI-No
MIN-No
GBP-No
CHI-No
DET-No
ATL- No
TBB-Yes
CAR-No
NOS- Maybe - Feels like this is a going out party for Brees - the Saints have been throwing all their chips in
ARZ- Maybe - Rosen looks like crap.
LAR-No
SEA-No
SFF- Maybe - Garrappololol can't stay healthy and wasn't as sharp this year

Changes in bold.

I count 14 possibilities. Some of these teams you give a firm "No" to, can't possibly be 100% content with their situations.
Reply/Quote