Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Unvaxinated = the Taliban
(10-15-2021, 11:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You have never posted anything but negative stories about law enforcement.  You've started numerous threads specifically about it.  In your "Good Cop/Bad Cop" thread you did not post a single story that didn't portray law enforcement in a negative light.  Your own history makes my point.  As I said, you sound like a Klan member who claims they don't hate all black people.

For one, this Klan comparison takes it way too far, especially when it comes from someone who makes such a big deal out of misplaced Nazi/Hitler comparisons. Replacing "Nazi" with "Klan member" and "jews" with "black people" doesn't make such comparisons less dubious.

Also, I get that Dino possibly was wrong about one or more shooting incidents and views police with a lot of scrutiny, maybe unfairly so. I'm not in the position to doubt that. But you treat him as if he does not care about policemen's lifes at all, calls all of them inherently awful people and is overall such an utterly reprehensible person that he does not deserve to post his opinions any longer without getting fired at on a personal level. This is just not comprehensible and way too excessive.

Lastly, the issue is that this board is something akin to a regulars' table. One does not necessarily like everyone on said table, but usually people still refrain from getting in another person's face at every occasion. For if one does that all the time and turns most lasting debates into yet another of these feuds, the rest of the regulars will get annoyed by it and, after every attempt to address this is failing, will attend less and less. I know you exclusively blame the liberal posters for that exodus as well, but I doubt that this is entirely true. It isn't true for this former regular.

That being said, as indicated I will now take a longer break from these boards as well, mainly for the reasons stated. As I'd assume many others did. Have fun, all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: For one, this Klan comparison takes it way too far, especially when it comes from someone who makes such a big deal out of misplaced Nazi/Hitler comparisons. Replacing "Nazi" with "Klan member" and "jews" with "black people" doesn't make such comparisons less dubious.

You are 100% correct, and I was hoping this excellent observation was going to be made by someone else, who doesn't have a problem with such comparisons.  

Quote:Also, I get that Dino possibly was wrong about one or more shooting incidents and views police with a lot of scrutiny, maybe unfairly so. I'm not in the position to doubt that. But you treat him as if he does not care about policemen's lifes at all, calls all of them inherently awful people and is overall such an utterly reprehensible person that he does not deserve to post his opinions any longer without getting fired at on a personal level. This is just not comprehensible and way too excessive.

Ehh, I wish I could agree with you here.  Some of the things he's said have really crossed the line.  An no, I don't care enough to go dig them up.  Suffice to say I've seen plenty to convince me that my claims about him are true.

Quote:Lastly, the issue is that this board is something akin to a regulars' table. One does not necessarily like everyone on said table, but usually people still refrain from getting in another person's face at every occasion. For if one does that all the time and turns most lasting debates into yet another of these feuds, the rest of the regulars will get annoyed by it and, after every attempt to address this is failing, will attend less and less. I know you exclusively blame the liberal posters for that exodus as well, but I doubt that this is entirely true. It isn't true for this former regular.

Not exclusively, but largely, yes.

Quote:That being said, as indicated I will now take a longer break from these boards as well, mainly for the reasons stated. As I'd assume many others did. Have fun, all.

You're probably on to something here.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: Lastly, the issue is that this board is something akin to a regulars' table. One does not necessarily like everyone on said table, but usually people still refrain from getting in another person's face at every occasion. For if one does that all the time and turns most lasting debates into yet another of these feuds, the rest of the regulars will get annoyed by it and, after every attempt to address this is failing, will attend less and less. I know you exclusively blame the liberal posters for that exodus as well, but I doubt that this is entirely true. It isn't true for this former regular.

That being said, as indicated I will now take a longer break from these boards as well, mainly for the reasons stated. As I'd assume many others did. Have fun, all.

If people could all agree to allow the "feuds" to play out on this one thread, not the others, then we might have a workable solution. It will prevent angry digressions involving two or three of the same people from erupting on every other thread. People should know to stay away, if they aren't interested in the feuders' arguments/issues. 

As for the exodus of posters, I think some of that results from the larger political situation in the US. If it is true some people do not like angry feuding, it is also true that some have come to like information "bubbles" more than previously. No one likes being bullied and personally attacked, but challenges to data, evidence, and logic are not that, and there is some evidence that people have left the forum simply to avoid the latter. That isn't really fixable, if open political debate is ideal and goal.

Enjoy your vacation. Come back soon. 
Reply/Quote
Bfine is a tool. That is all.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 09:16 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Bfine is a tool.  That is all.

I miss Bfine.  

I hated his "you still haven't answered my question" routine. 

But he knew something about A-stan and military politics, and made serious posts. Didn't personally attack people, etc.
Reply/Quote