Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The X-Files (Spoilers)
Season 10 premiered last night with the second episode coming on tonight at 8.

I actually fell asleep halfway through (I can't stay up past 11 on a normal work night) but I liked what I saw. Mulder seems crazier after all these years, but in a good way.

It seemed a little ridiculous that suddenly Mulder is just ready to accept that all of the evidence he had seen of aliens (including actual aliens/alien hybrids) was the work of humans using alien technology/DNA.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Season 10 premiered last night with the second episode coming on tonight at 8.

I actually fell asleep halfway through (I can't stay up past 11 on a normal work night) but I liked what I saw. Mulder seems crazier after all these years, but in a good way.

It seemed a little ridiculous that suddenly Mulder is just ready to accept that all of the evidence he had seen of aliens (including actual aliens/alien hybrids) was the work of humans using alien technology/DNA.

I hope that's just a plot driver and not something he legit believes. Doesn't really fit the Mulder from the show. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Season 10 premiered last night with the second episode coming on tonight at 8.

So... instead of "the truth is out there", we get "the truth is in here"?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Yeah, that was the only thing I really didn't like. A decade of the show with an emphasis on alien conspiracies and in one or two meetings he's "yeah, wait, I changed my mind."

I was a big fan of the show, but honestly I never liked the alien part of it. I was always more into the Kolchak-style episodes.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:38 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, that was the only thing I really didn't like. A decade of the show with an emphasis on alien conspiracies and in one or two meetings he's "yeah, wait, I changed my mind."

I was a big fan of the show, but honestly I never liked the alien part of it. I was always more into the Kolchak-style episodes.

That's one thing I like about the show. There's a lot of diversity in types of episodes. I was always more of a fan of those freak of the week episodes.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's one thing I like about the show. There's a lot of diversity in types of episodes. I was always more of a fan of those freak of the week episodes.

Freak of the week gave me nightmares.
Honestly, my parents really shouldn't have let me watch it in hindsight. 
Reply/Quote
I think he still believes in Aliens but now understands that many of the abductions were the result of the syndicate. And part of their plans with Aliens for take over.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
The were-lizard episode last night was awesome. Felt like another Bad blood/Jose Chung's From Outer Space episode. Sometimes the humor episodes were the best of the season.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 09:54 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I think he still believes in Aliens but now understands that many of the abductions were the result of the syndicate. And part of their plans with Aliens for take over.
I'm inclined to agree.  He already "knows" the syndicate is responsible for hybrids and "found proof" that they used alien technology so a minor change in his view on abductions wouldn't be surprising.

(02-03-2016, 01:57 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The were-lizard episode last night was awesome. Felt like another Bad blood/Jose Chung's From Outer Space episode. Sometimes the humor episodes were the best of the season.

That was a great episode.  Reversing the roles where it started off as an animal and finding dis-taste at turning human was a good spin. And the humor inserted in the show has always been something I loved. Like the scene where the player in the Negro League baseball saying something along the lines of "I find your reaction to my true appearance insulting".

I loved the MOTW (monster of the week) episodes more than the on-going conspiracy ones for the most part.

That show was the first I know of with an online community for fans (I never joined but lurked) and the debate about MOTW or the ongoing conspiracy as the primary focus of the show was always funny.
Reply/Quote
I liked both: the alien conspiracy and the MOTW episodes. I don't think the series would have survived long with just one or the other.

Rep for the Kolchak reference. Used to be one of my favorites when I was a boy. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 01:57 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The were-lizard episode last night was awesome. Felt like another Bad blood/Jose Chung's From Outer Space episode. Sometimes the humor episodes were the best of the season.

I just caught up with this episode and the best part about it was the opening...
Tyler Labine (of Tucker and Dale vs Evil fame) was getting high in the woods with a curly haired ginger....the same curly haired ginger he was getting high licking toads with on a dock in the lake monster episode 20 years ago! 
Reply/Quote
Another good episode tonight. I'm so bummed there are only 2 left.
Reply/Quote
With an ending like that there better be another season!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 11:43 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: With an ending like that there better be another season!

Fox said they want more. It looks like Carter does too.

Reply/Quote