Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best at our position, round and your hope.
So, with the draft coming up Thursday, I get a little excited waiting on who falls to us. I don't have a lot of knowledge on college players because I don't watch college ball. I trust others opinions and draft grades on if I get giddy inside after, or feel like we missed the boat or did poorly in the draft. WTS, I'm trusting on your insights and opinions going into the draft on which (realistically) players we might have available and who we pick in that round. I'm not asking for 7 rounds, but feel free to do so. The first 5 would be a good cheat sheet on the needs for the Bengals and if we fulfill those needs. Which, I guess you should add position needed most in order if possible. Yes, I'm asking you guys to do all the work for me. That's because I know you love this stuff and I'm too busy or lazy to do all the research. But I'm looking for something to root for in the draft.

To me, I think our biggest needs in order are as follows:

1. CB
2. OL
3. LB
4. C
5. TE

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, with the draft coming up Thursday, I get a little excited waiting on who falls to us. I don't have a lot of knowledge on college players because I don't watch college ball. I trust others opinions and draft grades on if I get giddy inside after, or feel like we missed the boat or did poorly in the draft. WTS, I'm trusting on your insights and opinions going into the draft on which (realistically) players we might have available and who we pick in that round. I'm not asking for 7 rounds, but feel free to do so. The first 5 would be a good cheat sheet on the needs for the Bengals and if we fulfill those needs. Which, I guess you should add position needed most in order if possible. Yes, I'm asking you guys to do all the work for me. That's because I know you love this stuff and I'm too busy or lazy to do all the research. But I'm looking for something to root for in the draft.

1. CB
2. OL
3. LB
4. C
5. TE

I'm no draft wizard by any stretch. I only slightly dabble in it here and there. Which is to say I know a few of the big names and not much more.

IMO for whatever that's worth ? If a very good OL falls to us in the first round I'm not sure how you pass that up ? After that I'm on the fence between WR/CB in the 2nd. I'd like to get some Dline help on day two as well.

As far as TE and LBer again IMO those are secondary to OL/CB/WR/DL so day 3 kinda thing for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, with the draft coming up Thursday, I get a little excited waiting on who falls to us. I don't have a lot of knowledge on college players because I don't watch college ball. I trust others opinions and draft grades on if I get giddy inside after, or feel like we missed the boat or did poorly in the draft. WTS, I'm trusting on your insights and opinions going into the draft on which (realistically) players we might have available and who we pick in that round. I'm not asking for 7 rounds, but feel free to do so. The first 5 would be a good cheat sheet on the needs for the Bengals and if we fulfill those needs. Which, I guess you should add position needed most in order if possible. Yes, I'm asking you guys to do all the work for me. That's because I know you love this stuff and I'm too busy or lazy to do all the research. But I'm looking for something to root for in the draft.

1. CB
2. OL
3. LB
4. C
5. TE

First off H-Dog, do not apologize for being lazy.  Conserving energy is nature's way.  We should all strive to accomplish what we need to do with the least expenditure of our resources.  In the case of Bengals fans, that means freeing up our time and energy for more important pursuits, like hating the Steelers.

But I digress.

I think that you left our 3-tech DT on our list of needs.  In order, I would make it CB, DT, S, WR, TE, DE, LB, CB (again).  I am not listing OL because we have a lot of draft capital invested in Carman, Smith, and Hill and I expect one of those guys to be at least adequate at LG.

All of my wish list guys will probably go earlier than I have them listed.  But that's why it's a wish list:

CB:  Andrew Booth, Clemson
DT:  DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M, or Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma, or Travis Jones, UConn
S:  Kerby Joseph, Illinois
WR:  Calvin Austin III, Memphis
TE:  Charlie Kolar, Iowa State

(I put both Austin and Kolar cause I love them both but no way one of them lasts till the 5th.  Now if we trade back and get an extra 4th...)

Since I have only mocked 4 rounds, my ignorant opinions end here.  But with our last choices I hope for:

DE:  best pass rusher left
LB:  a guy who can run and cover
CB:  a diamond in the rough
Reply/Quote

1. CB
2. OL
3. LB
4. C
5. TE

CB in round 1: Andrew Booth Jr. (though he has injury concerns), Kaiir Elam
CB in round 2: Cam Taylor-Britt, Alontae Taylor (I feel he's more 4th rounder but seen mocks with him in late 2, early 3), Zyon McCollum (probably butchered the spelling but small school prospect)

3T in round 1: Logan Hall
3T in round 2: Perrion Winfrey
3T 4+: Matthew Butler, Curtis Brooks

OL in 1: Tyler Lindebaum (OC), Tyler Smith (OG/OT), Zion Johnson (OG/OC)
OL in 2: Cam Jurgens OC
OL depth is high this year.

LB depends on your type desired.

TE in 2: Tre McBride, Greg Dulcich
TE after 4: Jake Ferguson, Jelani Woods, Cole Turner, etc.

S in 1: Dax Hill
S after 1 (I can't get a consensus projection): Nick Cross, Bryan Cooks, Kerby Joseph.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:07 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: CB in round 1: Andrew Booth Jr. (though he has injury concerns), Kaiir Elam
CB in round 2: Cam Taylor-Britt, Alontae Taylor (I feel he's more 4th rounder but seen mocks with him in late 2, early 3), Zyon McCollum (probably butchered the spelling but small school prospect)

S after 1 (I can't get a consensus projection): Nick Cross, Bryan Cooks, Kerby Joseph.
Really nice breakdown.  I am on board with many of these guys.  I did think for LB we want someone who can run (Logan Wilson) mover a thumper (Rey).  If somehow Lloyd fell to 31 I would not be upset if he was the choice.

Bengals have really put themselves in position to make a "luxury pick" at a position that's already pretty strong.  As Duke said, this is the first draft in a while that they don't feel like they have to draft a starter.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So

1. CB
2. OL
3. LB
4. C
5. TE

..and I think you missed our BIGGEST need
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 05:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and I think you missed our BIGGEST need

That is?

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 06:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That is?

Clearly QB. That Joe Burrow is a scrub Sarcasm
Reply/Quote

Probably speaking of a 3T/DT

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

leggy blonde and a case of beer ?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:07 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: CB in round 1: Andrew Booth Jr. (though he has injury concerns), Kaiir Elam

would be very happy if Winfrey was the Bengals 2nd round pick

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 05:04 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Really nice breakdown.  I am on board with many of these guys.  I did think for LB we want someone who can run (Logan Wilson) mover a thumper (Rey).  If somehow Lloyd fell to 31 I would not be upset if he was the choice.

Bengals have really put themselves in position to make a "luxury pick" at a position that's already pretty strong.  As Duke said, this is the first draft in a while that they don't feel like they have to draft a starter.

Agree and that's a nice luxury to have, but still hope the Bengals find a few starters in this draft. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: would be very happy if Winfrey was the Bengals 2nd round pick

If we went CB in 1, I guess I'd be ok but I'm driving the CTB train and want him in stripes 
Reply/Quote

(04-25-2022, 07:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Probably speaking of a 3T/DT

Yeah, we currently have absolutely nothing after BJ Hill and he's never been a regular starter in the NFL. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Probably speaking of a 3T/DT

What is a 3T?

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, we currently have absolutely nothing after BJ Hill and he's never been a regular starter in the NFL. 

I thought we drafted Cam Sample last year
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What is a 3T?

Pass rushing DT
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What is a 3T?

It's a DT that lines up between the Guard and tackle. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought we drafted Cam Sample last year

As I said: We currently have nothing after BJ Hill. Cam is a decent piece, but he's a small school, small bodied prospect. We are a Super Bowl team and IMO UT is our biggest need. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: We currently have nothing after BJ Hill. Cam is a decent piece, but he's a small school, small bodied prospect. We are a Super Bowl team and IMO UT is our biggest need. 

Damn. Pretty quick to write off a 4th round pick going into his second year who showed some flashes as a rookie from a small school. But ok

He makes me feel really good about not getting one of the bigger names at 3t in the first couple rounds
Reply/Quote