Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bfirst mock
Time to kick it off:

RD1 SOLOMON THOMAS- DE/Stan 6'3"/273
[Image: hi-res-e9dbb62a3cc8df9a3dc9dde9407c9eb1_...h=420&q=75]
Solomon was a surprise entry to the draft and is a typical Bengal selection. Big-bodied DE with some pass rush skills. Solomon had 55 tackles (13.5 TFL) with 7 sacks. Solomon has the speed to rush the edge and the strength to move inside

RD2 AVERY GENNESY-OT/T A&M 6'5" 315
[Image: 58485e71a5c43.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]
Avery and Ced went to the same school and that is where the comparison ends. Avery is a mauler at LT. AG has experience at both Guard spots; as well as Center.  He played his first 2 years at the JUCO level where he was dominate

RD3 KENDELL BECKWITH-ILB/LSU 6'3"/ 247
[Image: kendell-beckwith-6226_rs1.png]
Knee injury kept him out of the season finale and bowl game. KB probably would have went higher if he had came out last year. He is a downhill thumper will just enough athleticism to play all 3 downs.

RD4 JALEN MYRICK-CB/Minn 5’10” 205
[Image: Jalen+Myrick+Buffalo+Wild+Wings+Citrus+B...bw2_Il.jpg]
JM is a short stout DB that can absolutely fly. I’m higher on him than most; however, I think that will change once folks look closer at him (got a combine invite). Myrick is dynamic in the return game. Dude balled out in his Bowl game when the rest of his DB mates were suspended. PFF ranked him as one of the top 10 cover corners in 2015

RD5 DONNEL PUMPHREY-RB/ SDSU-5’9” 180
[Image: USATSI_9673856_168380823_lowres-810x540.jpg]
DP leaves San Diego as the NCAA’s ail-time leading rusher with 6405 yards. He also had over 1100 receiving yards. Too bad he’s itty bitty. But he can be our change of pace and ST player

RD6 PHAROH BROWN-TE/OU-6’6” 250
[Image: 14.10.18.tw_.emg_.fbc_.uw_.0755-980x653.jpg]
Our current starting TE cannot stay healthy in the pros. While this guy couldn’t stay healthy in college. Perhaps he has all his injuries out of the way like Gresh.

RD7 GUNNER KIEL-QB/UC-6’4” 215
[Image: gunner-kiel-630x400.jpg]
Gunner is the anti-Andy/AJ. He is a big QB with a big arm. Gunner started out at ND then transferred to UC after being buried in the depth chart. Came to Cincy with much fanfare and showed out his first year. Missed UC’s 2015 Bowl game and never got out of Tuberville’s doghouse.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice mock!
Reply/Quote
I haven't done much work on the draft yet, but I've done enough to know that Solomon Thomas would be the best pick for the Bengals in the first round. I doubt he's there at 9, but we have to take him if he is there. Put him next to Geno and let them tear up the inside of any Oline.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Time to kick it off:

RD1 SOLOMON THOMAS- DE/Stan 6'3"/273
[Image: hi-res-e9dbb62a3cc8df9a3dc9dde9407c9eb1_...h=420&q=75]
Solomon was a surprise entry to the draft and is a typical Bengal selection. Big-bodied DE with some pass rush skills. Solomon had 55 tackles (13.5 TFL) with 7 sacks. Solomon has the speed to rush the edge and the strength to move inside

RD2 AVERY GENNESY-OT/T A&M 6'5" 315
[Image: 58485e71a5c43.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]
Avery and Ced went to the same school and that is where the comparison ends. Avery is a mauler at LT. AG has experience at both Guard spots; as well as Center.  He played his first 2 years at the JUCO level where he was dominate

RD3 KENDELL BECKWITH-ILB/LSU 6'3"/ 247
[Image: kendell-beckwith-6226_rs1.png]
Knee injury kept him out of the season finale and bowl game. KB probably would have went higher if he had came out last year. He is a downhill thumper will just enough athleticism to play all 3 downs.

RD4 JALEN MYRICK-CB/Minn 5’10” 205
[Image: Jalen+Myrick+Buffalo+Wild+Wings+Citrus+B...bw2_Il.jpg]
JM is a short stout DB that can absolutely fly. I’m higher on him than most; however, I think that will change once folks look closer at him (got a combine invite). Myrick is dynamic in the return game. Dude balled out in his Bowl game when the rest of his DB mates were suspended. PFF ranked him as one of the top 10 cover corners in 2015

RD5 DONNEL PUMPHREY-RB/ SDSU-5’9” 180
[Image: USATSI_9673856_168380823_lowres-810x540.jpg]
DP leaves San Diego as the NCAA’s ail-time leading rusher with 6405 yards. He also had over 1100 rushing yards. Too bad he’s itty bitty. But he can be our change of pace and ST player

RD6 PHAROH BROWN-TE/OU-6’6” 250
[Image: 14.10.18.tw_.emg_.fbc_.uw_.0755-980x653.jpg]
Our current starting TE cannot stay healthy in the pros. While this guy couldn’t stay healthy in college. Perhaps he has all his injuries out of the way like Gresh.

RD7 GUNNER KIEL-QB/UC-6’4” 215
[Image: gunner-kiel-630x400.jpg]
Gunner is the anti-Andy/AJ. He is a big QB with a big arm. Gunner started out at ND then transferred to UC after being buried in the depth chart. Came to Cincy with much fanfare and showed out his first year. Missed UC’s 2015 Bowl game and never got out of Tuberville’s doghouse.

Good mock dude. Thomas is one of my favorite players in the draft and hits one of our 2 biggest needs and I like getting Beckwith and Myrick as well. I think grabbing Kiel in the 7th would be a fantastic move and definitely would mean we traded or are going to trade McCarron.
Reply/Quote
I like this mock. Definitely think it hits all our needs. Well done sir, well done.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Good mock overall. Thomas is a great fit for our D in the 1st. Gennessy seems like a pretty big reach in the 2nd, and with the struggles of Joeckel and Og transitioning to the NFL, I'm wary about A&M tackles. Beckwith is a big upgrade over Maualuga in the LB corps. Myrick is a good prospect, and between Dre hitting FA and Pacman's off field stupidity, we will likely need another CB. Pumphrey can hopefully handle some of the load if Giovanni is slow rounding back into form.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 06:04 AM)Shady Wrote: I haven't done much work on the draft yet, but I've done enough to know that Solomon Thomas would be the best pick for the Bengals in the first round. I doubt he's there at 9, but we have to take him if he is there. Put him next to Geno and let them tear up the inside of any Oline.
I think Solomom will last until the 9th; as he is the 3rd-4th highest DE prospect. Garrett (would love him) and Allen (I'm not a fan) should go earlier.

(01-16-2017, 09:37 AM)Crowe Wrote: Good mock dude. Thomas is one of my favorite players in the draft and hits one of our 2 biggest needs and I like getting Beckwith and Myrick as well. I think grabbing Kiel in the 7th would be a fantastic move and definitely would mean we traded or are going to trade McCarron.

Trading AJ prior to the draft makes a lot of sense. I went with Kiel because he brings something different

(01-17-2017, 11:21 AM)Whatever Wrote: Good mock overall. Thomas is a great fit for our D in the 1st. Gennessy seems like a pretty big reach in the 2nd, and with the struggles of Joeckel and Og transitioning to the NFL, I'm wary about A&M tackles. Beckwith is a big upgrade over Maualuga in the LB corps. Myrick is a good prospect, and between Dre hitting FA and Pacman's off field stupidity, we will likely need another CB. Pumphrey can hopefully handle some of the load if Giovanni is slow rounding back into form.

Fair point on Gennessy; however, he went JuCo before coming to A&M. Maybe he learned there.

Reply/Quote
Overall, really like this mock.

I love the Thomas pick. The guy is just a football player...a very good, very athletic and very smart football player. While the JJ Watt comparisons being thrown out there may be a little lofty, NFL.com makes a good point as far as the similarities in play:

"J.J. was good at Wisconsin, but he wasn't dominant. His motor was relentless and you could see the talent, but it didn't really click for J.J. as far as how to use his strength and power until about halfway through his rookie year. Thomas looks a lot like that right now. He's fluid, it looks effortless, he can string moves together. There's a wicked spin move there that he hasn't even fully developed yet. He can move around and play different spots. He doesn't have the arm length of a Watt and he's got to add some mass, but he looks like a smaller version of Watt. Both are physical freaks."

I'm not sold on Gennesy yet, and think he may end up as a G at the next level. 

I really like the picks of Beckwith and Myrick...and the rest is solid.

Nice work!
Reply/Quote
Good work! That said, I'm glad we are gonna get a couple of other picks to fill in some other concerns.

If we're gonna get a QB late, nothing wrong with a big boy with a good arm. Myrick,Thomas,Beckwith, & Pumphrey all are skilled.
Reply/Quote
as always, very good mock. I'll be surprised if keil lasts to the 7th. He wont have the body of work some have, but he's got the physical tools somebody will take in the 5th to coach up.
Reply/Quote
I expected to see Avery be more dominate at the Shrine game, but he wasn't. Myrick was strong in coverage, I just wish they would have let him return kicks, but opportunities were limited.

Reply/Quote