Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cost of raising fragile children
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426853/yale-student-protest-safe-space-political-correctness

Good read . It won't let me quote it but it's worth a read. This comes up in other threads and is often tossed aside. This is a legitimate concern for me at least.
I definitely agree that people need to become acclimated to hearing things they don't like or agree with in a free speech society.

For instance, when they guy told Hillary Clinton he could strangle Carly Fiorina for destroying Hewlett-Packard and bragging about it, and the GOP feigned outrage over it? Yep, totally ridiculous.
(11-12-2015, 02:08 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I definitely agree that people need to become acclimated to hearing things they don't like or agree with in a free speech society.

For instance, when they guy told Hillary Clinton he could strangle Carly Fiorina for destroying Hewlett-Packard and bragging about it, and the GOP feigned outrage over it? Yep, totally ridiculous.

Yeah I don't see why people got upset at that... It's the GOP trying to pull democrat games. At some point we need to get away from calling people racists, sexists, etc.... And just calling them aholes and moving on. It's a democrat thing to always label and demonize .... Alinsky rules for radicals .... I think the GOP should be standing above that, but then they are progressives as well.

That guy made himself sound ridiculous, and clintons reaction spoke loud enough about herself.
(11-12-2015, 03:33 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I don't see why people got upset at that...  It's the GOP trying to pull democrat games.   At some point we need to get away from calling people racists, sexists, etc.... And just calling them aholes and moving on.   It's a democrat thing to always label and demonize ....  Alinsky rules for radicals ....   I think the GOP should be standing above that, but then they are progressives as well.      

That guy made himself sound ridiculous,  and clintons reaction spoke loud enough about herself.

So we have your permission to call you an asshole instead of a racist next time you say that all people from Africa are animals?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-12-2015, 07:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So we have your permission to call you an asshole instead of a racist next time you say that all people from Africa are animals?

Technically he wouldn't be wrong as all people are animals.
(11-12-2015, 03:33 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: At some point we need to get away from calling people racists, sexists, etc.... And just calling them aholes and moving on. 

Then why did you cry like an infant when I called you an asshole in the past when you said something that was obviously racist?

The Lucie hypocrisy train doesn't seem like it's stopping anytime soon.

BUT, just so you know, the mods here are okay with us calling you a racist, but they don't seem very fond of "calling you an ahole and moving on". It looks like you need to take that up with the law around here, not us. I'm just trying to follow the rules of the board now that they've been made clear, so sorry, not sorry that I'm not going to follow Lucie's Commandments instead.
(11-12-2015, 07:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So we have your permission to call you an asshole instead of a racist next time you say that all people from Africa are animals?

(11-12-2015, 09:27 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Then why did you cry like an infant when I called you an asshole in the past when you said something that was obviously racist?

The Lucie hypocrisy train doesn't seem like it's stopping anytime soon.

BUT, just so you know, the mods here are okay with us calling you a racist, but they don't seem very fond of "calling you an ahole and moving on". It looks like you need to take that up with the law around here, not us. I'm just trying to follow the rules of the board now that they've been made clear, so sorry, not sorry that I'm not going to follow Lucie's Commandments instead.

I never see why anyone needs to swear but that usually shows the type of person they are ....  

As for being called a racist ....  None of you know the definition of a racist and have gotten to the point of throwing out racist, sexist, etc for things that does not equal what true racism or any -ism.  

Calling middle easterners or any group ... savages who are violently killing people, oppressing women, and beating children.   That's not racist.  That's an accurate definition.   Same with any group who doesn't follow the rules of a civil society.   They are savages.   That's the definition of a savage.    Is it a nice word?  No.   But these are not nice people.  

You being upset at my use of a word is a far cry of me being a racist.   You are only throwing out the label racist because you have been conditioned that calling someone that is supposed to basically shout them down from whatever position they have taken.   It's one of Saul Alinsky's rules for radicals.   You are doing the same things the people at Mizzou did to the student journalists.   If we were all in the same place you would probably be asking for some muscle to remove any dissenting thought to yours.  

As for the mods ....   That's their business what they allow or don't allow .   It's a shame we won't be able to talk about our cars now ......   But we will figure out a way I'm sure.
(11-12-2015, 12:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I never see why anyone needs to swear but that usually shows the type of person they are ....  

As for being called a racist ....  None of you know the definition of a racist and have gotten to the point of throwing out racist, sexist, etc for things that does not equal what true racism or any -ism.  

Calling middle easterners savages who are living in tents killing people, oppressing women, and beating children.   That's not racist.  That's an accurate definition.   Same with any group who doesn't follow the rules of a civil society.   They are savages.   That's the definition of a savage.    Is it a nice word?  No.   But these are not nice people.  

You being upset at my use of a word is a far cry of me being a racist.   You are only throwing out the label racist because you have been conditioned that calling someone that is supposed to basically shout them down from whatever position they have taken.   It's one of Saul Alinsky's rules for radicals.   You are doing the same things the people at Mizzou did to the student journalists.   If we were all in the same place you would probably be asking for some muscle to remove any dissenting thought to yours.  

As for the mods ....   That's their business what they allow or don't allow .   It's a shame we won't be able to talk about our cars now ......   But we will figure out a way I'm sure.

If you actually had the balls to talk the way you do on here anywhere outside of an anonymous message board, you'd be too busy picking up your teeth to be bothered with much else. That's all irrelevant though and I don't know why you felt the need to make up these hypothetical situations in an attempt to create a point that's arguing something I've never done or said.

Anyway, the rest of this is just "blah blah, if I say it's not racist then obviously it's not racist and you're just sensitive, blah blah blah". You aren't the person that gets to define what racism is, that's something you need to learn real quick if you actually want to follow the rules. I can't run around saying horrific things about entire groups of people and then brush it off just because I say "That's not racist! Stop being sensitive!". That's not quite how it works, you don't make the rules, sorry about your luck on that one.

If you called the specific people that were doing terrible things "savages", that's one thing. You referred to entire countries and entire REGIONS as "savages" though, that's an issue. That's racist, and you don't get to make up the definition of racism to change that. Lucie's Commandments don't apply here, but actual definitions of words do. Again, sorry about your luck. You should try to form your own message board/hate group/whatever you want to do if you want Lucie's Commandments to reign supreme over real life definitions.
(11-12-2015, 01:06 PM)djs7685 Wrote: If you actually had the balls to talk the way you do on here anywhere outside of an anonymous message board, you'd be too busy picking up your teeth to be bothered with much else. That's all irrelevant though and I don't know why you felt the need to make up these hypothetical situations in an attempt to create a point that's arguing something I've never done or said.

Anyway, the rest of this is just "blah blah, if I say it's not racist then obviously it's not racist and you're just sensitive, blah blah blah". You aren't the person that gets to define what racism is, that's something you need to learn real quick if you actually want to follow the rules. I can't run around saying horrific things about entire groups of people and then brush it off just because I say "That's not racist! Stop being sensitive!". That's not quite how it works, you don't make the rules, sorry about your luck on that one.

If you called the specific people that were doing terrible things "savages", that's one thing. You referred to entire countries and entire REGIONS as "savages" though, that's an issue. That's racist, and you don't get to make up the definition of racism to change that. Lucie's Commandments don't apply here, but actual definitions of words do. Again, sorry about your luck. You should try to form your own message board/hate group/whatever you want to do if you want Lucie's Commandments to reign supreme over real life definitions.

Well at least you admit that you can't control yourself. For someone who talks pretty big I am sure if we were at the same table you wouldn't be swinging on anyone. You making threats is typical keyboard terrorist. I would have the same opinions in person because they are my opinions.

I have repeatedly said that it pertains to those who do not conduct themselves in a civil manner. You and others have heard only what you want to hear. You have wanted to just shout someone down and call them a racist. The problem is that I understand that you have no idea what a racist is and are just tossing bombs Alinsky style. So it has zero effect on me. Evidently it makes you feel better.

Whether you want to swear is on you. It's a personal choice. I can find other words.... Maybe you can't....
Here is a list of the rules for radicals.    Please feel free to examine which ones you are doing here.  

-----------------------------------------------------------

* RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.)

* RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)

* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

* RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

* RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid “un-fun” activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)

* RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news. (Even radical activists get bored. So to keep them excited and involved, organizers are constantly coming up with new tactics.)

* RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)

* RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists’ minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)

* RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management’s wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)

* RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)

* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
(11-12-2015, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well at least you admit that you can't control yourself.    For someone who talks pretty big I am sure if we were at the same table you wouldn't be swinging on anyone.   You making threats is typical keyboard terrorist.    I would have the same opinions in person because they are my opinions.  

I have repeatedly said that it pertains to those who do not conduct themselves in a civil manner.   You and others have heard only what you want to hear.    You have wanted to just shout someone down and call them a racist.    The problem is that I understand that you have no idea what a racist is and are just tossing bombs Alinsky style.    So it has zero effect on me.   Evidently it makes you feel better.  

Whether you want to swear is on you.  It's a personal choice.    I can find other words.... Maybe you can't....

I never said I would do anything to you. I just don't think you would last very long on the streets if you talked the way you do in public. The fact that you're still here and still saying this stuff leads me to believe you don't talk this way outside of your little circle of friends. That's all I said. How is that being a "keyboard terrorist"?? You're an odd little boy.

I know that's what you have said, and I'm surprisingly okay with you using "savages" when you're only talking about the people acting like, well...savages. However, you HAVE used it to describe entire regions of people. There are dozens of quotes. Don't play stupid with me and act like you didn't. I can only go by your words on here since I don't know what you're actually thinking, so if you meant something other than what you said, how on earth am I supposed to read your mind to figure that out? This is just an example I'm making up, but if you say "Black people are thieves", how am I supposed to magically know that you aren't just being a racist, and that you actually meant that only the black people that actually steal are the ones you were referring to? Do you at least see how people would be confused by this?

I find it hilarious that the guy that uses hate speech is constantly lecturing people for saying shit, damn, ass, and whatever other "swear words" that you constantly get so uptight about. Holy shit, such hypocrisy. Who is the word "shit" hurting? A total of zero people. Using the slurs that you insist on using and are so upset that the admins took away from you, those words actually DO affect groups of people. I'm sure you know that, but you're nothing more than a troll account anymore it seems.
(11-12-2015, 01:30 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I never said I would do anything to you. I just don't think you would last very long on the streets if you talked the way you do in public. The fact that you're still here and still saying this stuff leads me to believe you don't talk this way outside of your little circle of friends. That's all I said. How is that being a "keyboard terrorist"?? You're an odd little boy.

I know that's what you have said, and I'm surprisingly okay with you using "savages" when you're only talking about the people acting like, well...savages. However, you HAVE used it to describe entire regions of people. There are dozens of quotes. Don't play stupid with me and act like you didn't. I can only go by your words on here since I don't know what you're actually thinking, so if you meant something other than what you said, how on earth am I supposed to read your mind to figure that out? This is just an example I'm making up, but if you say "Black people are thieves", how am I supposed to magically know that you aren't just being a racist, and that you actually meant that only the black people that actually steal are the ones you were referring to? Do you at least see how people would be confused by this?

I find it hilarious that the guy that uses hate speech is constantly lecturing people for saying shit, damn, ass, and whatever other "swear words" that you constantly get so uptight about. Holy shit, such hypocrisy. Who is the word "shit" hurting? A total of zero people. Using the slurs that you insist on using and are so upset that the admins took away from you, those words actually DO affect groups of people. I'm sure you know that, but you're nothing more than a troll account anymore it seems.

I speak this way everyday.  No one cares because no one gets upset when someone is blunt and to the point.    Not sure where you live but in south Florida this is how we speak .
(11-12-2015, 01:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I speak this way everyday.  No one cares because no one gets upset when someone is blunt and to the point.    Not sure where you live but in south Florida this is how we speak .

Unless someone calls you an asshole.

Then you get upset, cry, report them to the mods, and claim they should "find other words" to use.

Then you use hate speech, get reported, and then complain about other people asking you to find other words yourself.

Lucie land seems great. I like how everything has a write-in section with you. It must be nice making up the rules as you go and forgetting the previous rules. You're a sad, sad hypocrite. It seems as though you may be the fragile child in this case as you constantly complain about things and then turn around and do them yourself. Being a huge hypocrite seems like a very fragile trait.

You're using quite a few of those radical rules that you posted right now, you better start calling yourself a terrorist now.
(11-12-2015, 01:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Unless someone calls you an asshole.

Then you get upset, cry, report them to the mods, and claim they should "find other words" to use.

Then you use hate speech, get reported, and then complain about other people asking you to find other words yourself.

Lucie land seems great. I like how everything has a write-in section with you. It must be nice making up the rules as you go and forgetting the previous rules. You're a sad, sad hypocrite. It seems as though you may be the fragile child in this case as you constantly complain about things and then turn around and do them yourself. Being a huge hypocrite seems like a very fragile trait.

You're using quite a few of those radical rules that you posted right now, you better start calling yourself a terrorist now.

Have never reported anyone for calling me an ahole. It's funny that anyone gets upset enough on a message board to the point they feel the need to swear.

I can't control your irrational behavior. I told you we could just agree to disagree and move on from a discussion. But that wasn't good enough for you. You amazingly spent the time and effort to hit me with 24 negative reps and repeatedly told me that you don't just agree to disagree.

Honestly if you can't control yourself in a public debate then you should probably avoid any public debate because your reactions at times are immature.

But hey I am the irrational ahole right.... Hilarious Rolleyes
(11-12-2015, 01:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Here is a list of the rules for radicals.    Please feel free to examine which ones you are doing here.  

Get a refund on that 100K Free college education, it didn't take.  Here's a non-'ism' to describe you, dolt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-12-2015, 01:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Have never reported anyone for calling me an ahole.   1. It's funny that anyone gets upset enough on a message board to the point they feel the need to swear.

I can't control your irrational behavior.  2. I told you we could just agree to disagree and move on from a discussion.   But that wasn't good enough for you.   You amazingly spent the time and effort to hit me with 24 negative reps and repeatedly told me that you don't just agree to disagree.    

3. Honestly if you can't control yourself in a public debate then you should probably avoid any public debate because your reactions at times are immature.    

But hey I am the irrational ahole right....     Hilarious Rolleyes

1. It doesn't mean that someone is upset just because they say shit, ass, damn, or anything else for that matter. The logic you're attempting to use on that is way off.

2. Again, you just don't understand simple concepts. You're honestly a stupid person if you don't understand what I'm about to say, I truly do hope you comprehend this...I neg'd you 20+ times because of your consistent refusal to refrain from using words that are considered hate speech and slurs. I didn't neg you because I "didn't want to agree to disagree". Do you get that now, or will I have to explain it to you a few more times for it to really sink in??? You get negs for using hate speech, not because of disagreements.

3. Pot, meet kettle. What was immature? Explaining how you're a hypocrite and fragile in your thread that's insulting an entire generation of children? I'm pretty sure you don't even know the definition to half of the words you keep using. This is very interesting to watch, the implosion will be fun and exciting.
(11-12-2015, 02:46 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. It doesn't mean that someone is upset just because they say shit, ass, damn, or anything else for that matter. The logic you're attempting to use on that is way off.

2. Again, you just don't understand simple concepts. You're honestly a stupid person if you don't understand what I'm about to say, I truly do hope you comprehend this...I neg'd you 20+ times because of your consistent refusal to refrain from using words that are considered hate speech and slurs. I didn't neg you because I "didn't want to agree to disagree". Do you get that now, or will I have to explain it to you a few more times for it to really sink in??? You get negs for using hate speech, not because of disagreements.

3. Pot, meet kettle. What was immature? Explaining how you're a hypocrite and fragile in your thread that's insulting an entire generation of children? I'm pretty sure you don't even know the definition to half of the words you keep using. This is very interesting to watch, the implosion will be fun and exciting.

1. Using foul language just means you lack the vocabulary necessary to make your point. Or you are just lazy.

2. I guess the repeated messages of I don't agree to disagree with a bigot had no bearing on any of this. ... Let me let you in on something... Adults can agree to disagree then move on.

3. When am I out of control here? Have I Ever attacked anyone personally? Chased anyone around the board .... Felt the need to waste my time spamming negative rep?

Like I said if you can't handle adult conversations that disagree with your line of thinking then please do us a both a favor and put me on ignore. There is no reason that you should allow anything on this board to upset you.
(11-12-2015, 03:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Using foul language just means you lack the vocabulary necessary to make your point.  Or you are just lazy.  

2. I guess the repeated messages of I don't agree to disagree with a bigot had no bearing on any of this.   ... Let me let you in on something...  Adults can agree to disagree then move on.  

3.  When am I out of control here?  Have I Ever attacked anyone personally?  Chased anyone around the board .... Felt the need to waste my time spamming negative rep?  

Like I said if you can't handle adult conversations that disagree with your line of thinking then please do us a both a favor and put me on ignore.    There is no reason that you should allow anything on this board to upset you.

1. Not it doesn't. Thinking that it does just means you're an unintelligent human being. If I randomly insert the word "shit" somewhere in my post, it doesn't mean I lack any sort of vocabulary. I actually find it hilarious that the guy that doesn't understand your/you're is going to attempt to give ME a lesson on vocabulary. Heh.

2. I guess your reading comprehension is much worse than I originally suspected. In those neg rep messages, I said that it's not agreeing to disagree when it comes to bigotry. You weren't getting the negs because you said something I just happened to disagree with, you got neg'd because you kept using words that many people have asked you to stop using on many occasions. Learn the difference or else just feel free to look stupid, your choice.

3. You consistently insult people. Don't play games. I'm not going to go back and show the 100 times you've broken character and attacked someone or the 100 times you've used slurs that insult entire groups of people. I love your line of thinking, me insulting you is somehow "worse" than you insulting thousands of people just because not all of them post on here. What a joke.

Like I said, if you can't handle being confronted when I disagree with your bigotry, do us both a favor and put me on ignore. There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to handle confrontation over an anonymous message board. These are places that you and others like you and George Zimmerman thrive. You can say whatever you want behind a screen because you don't have to deal with the consequences that you'd deal with if you said it to anyone's face. I think you're the one that's proving to be the baby by constantly crying whenever anybody confronts your bullshit. Just man up and argue back, stop crying about it.
(11-12-2015, 12:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I never see why anyone needs to swear but that usually shows the type of person they are ....  

Because I like to.  Move to another message board.
(11-12-2015, 01:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: * RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

If ridicule was man's most potent weapon then Florida wouldn't need a stand your ground law.