Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The curse of Ryan Finley
(11-28-2021, 10:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well the Packers went from one elite QB (Farve) to another (Rodgers), so I guess it'd make sense for the Steelers to go from one rapist to another.

Post of the year!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:25 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed about them having the challenge of finding an elite QB. I don't think the '22 draft class has one.
They are there, media just not covering them... Going to be some gems second day.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:18 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Touche. Here's the thing, it's more than Pig Pen. They can't block very well, and now that NFL cracks down on spearing and cheap shots, no one's scared of these bums.

Great point. I haven't seen much dirty chippy stuff out of them lately.

That used to be their "edge".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great point. I haven't seen much dirty chippy stuff out of them lately.

There was a couple today. TJ Watt grabbing Burrow’s jersey on his “block” and also Claypool throwing Phillips down by the face mask. They’re still the same old dirty Steelers. Tomlin encourages that crap. Hell, he’s even paid his players fines before…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:56 AM)ah5 Wrote: They are there, media just not covering them... Going to be some gems second day.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

Watch out for Stetson Bennett IV Tongue
Reply/Quote
The von bell hit on juju changed the guard in this rivalry..
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was a couple today. TJ Watt grabbing Burrow’s jersey on his “block” and also Claypool throwing Phillips down by the face mask. They’re still the same old dirty Steelers. Tomlin encourages that crap. Hell, he’s even paid his players fines before…

But.... they're getting penalized for a lot more of that these days. Especially the spearing. Absolutely right Tomlin encourages it. He oughta be fired for costing Shazier his career.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 09:37 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: That devious smile he had in the bottom of that pile has somehow broken the jinx

While I absolutely love that picture and laugh every time I see it (I believe someone on here had a coffee mug made with that picture), it was the hit by Bell that changed the tide....hopefully for a couple decades.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:02 PM)jason Wrote: We still have 4 more seasons of not losing to Pittsburgh to pay them back for the 11 in a row they took from this. Pittsburgh will be back sooner rather than later.

Let's see.

They lost their good assistant coaches, leaving Omar Epps to be exposed for the dumb thug he is.  

They have a fat turd that no one wanted to come back as their QB and they haven't drafted and developed a successor.  

They have had a number of pathetic drafts.

They rarely spend in free agency.

No, I think they will not be back sooner....I think they will suck for quite some time.  And I love it.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great point. I haven't seen much dirty chippy stuff out of them lately.

Like ripping Eli Apple's helmet off after twisting his facemask?  

Or like Watt trying to punk Burrow on the interception return?  And I loved Spain decking him after that...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:31 AM)TheFan Wrote: And some of you same people here dogged Taylor for trading up to grab Finley. Hah! Fools! Never doubt the genius of Taylor's drafting. We can all only wait and see what fortune Sample will bring for us in the future.

Actually Sample had a really good day blocking against the Steelers.  Prefer a TE that can get down field and catch the ball but you can't underestimate the value he is adding to the run game lately.  They were smashing the Steelers right in the mouth.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like ripping Eli Apple's helmet off after twisting his facemask?  

Wasn't that Phillips, not Apple?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like ripping Eli Apple's helmet off after twisting his facemask?  

Or like Watt trying to punk Burrow on the interception return?  And I loved Spain decking him after that...

It was Phillips, but how long did it take to turn a good Notre Dame kid into a Steeler punk?  Jawing at backups after a catch  down 38, and trying to rip a kid's head off.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It was Phillips, but how long did it take to turn a good Notre Dame kid into a Steeler punk?  Jawing at backups after a catch  down 38, and trying to rip a kid's head off.  

And Canadian too!

Legit, of the last 20 years, here are all of the Canadian players I can name in the league, off the top of my head:

N'Keal Harry
Nate Burleson
Christian Covington
Tyrone Crawford
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
Jon Ryan
L.P Ladouceur
Danny Watkins
Chuba Hubbard
John Urschel
Randy Chevrier
Chase Claypool

And I know I'm missing a BUNCH more.

Who in that list, is known for being a dick or a dirty player? Only one, Claypool.

LDT is a doctor and even took a year off to work in COVID units in Quebec, FFS. Urschel quit to get his PHD at MIT or whatever and is helping further analytics for the sport. Hubbard has already shown that he has deep morals and is proud of his background/tries to promote it.

Claypool? Takes to thuggin' on the field and acting like a completely whiny POS.

It's DEFINITELY the Stoolers that, "corrupt," the players; Hilton has numerous interviews this year where he's said (IIRC) that he's happy to be out of Pittsburgh and his, "BYE! BYE!" and interviews from yesterday, seem to paint a picture that he wasn't a fan of the team/its fans.

Speculation on my part, but there are a ton of trends and evidence to show this being the case: die-hard OSU fans have also pointed to how Shazier changed once he was on the team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

I went back and watched that again, as I missed it the first time since they cut away o quick. Spain is definitely the man. What is hilarious, is watching Twat go after Burrow reminds me of the old footage from the tire drill at OSU (I think). There ain't no quit in Burrow and he didn't back down from Watt at all. He was just outmatched. Twat is a bully and there is no doubt in my mind he was trying to injure Burrow. I loved seeing him cry.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:45 AM)J24 Wrote: Post of the year!

Mr. Rooney showing Deshaun around: 'our facilities are top notch. Over here we have our whirlpools, treadmills, and.. oh there are free massages after 3pm Monday through Saturday.

Tomlin:

[Image: 72279919.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And Canadian too!

Legit, of the last 20 years, here are all of the Canadian players I can name in the league, off the top of my head:

N'Keal Harry
Nate Burleson
Christian Covington
Tyrone Crawford
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
Jon Ryan
L.P Ladouceur
Danny Watkins
Chuba Hubbard
John Urschel
Randy Chevrier
Chase Claypool

And I know I'm missing a BUNCH more.

Who in that list, is known for being a dick or a dirty player? Only one, Claypool.

LDT is a doctor and even took a year off to work in COVID units in Quebec, FFS. Urschel quit to get his PHD at MIT or whatever and is helping further analytics for the sport. Hubbard has already shown that he has deep morals and is proud of his background/tries to promote it.

Claypool? Takes to thuggin' on the field and acting like a completely whiny POS.

It's DEFINITELY the Stoolers that, "corrupt," the players; Hilton has numerous interviews this year where he's said (IIRC) that he's happy to be out of Pittsburgh and his, "BYE! BYE!" and interviews from yesterday, seem to paint a picture that he wasn't a fan of the team/its fans.

Speculation on my part, but there are a ton of trends and evidence to show this being the case: die-hard OSU fans have also pointed to how Shazier changed once he was on the team.

Bud Dupree did too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: You don't think Russell Wilson or Deshuan Watson would look pretty scary in a Steelers uniform?

The Stoolers don't have the draft assets nor the cap room to trade for any QB in their prime.  The real NFL doesn't do trades like Madden21
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 07:02 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: But.... they're getting penalized for a lot more of that these days. Especially the spearing. Absolutely right Tomlin encourages it. He oughta be fired for costing Shazier his career.

Hopefully the Steelers days of having the refs in their pockets are truly coming to and end, but man, that Bears game a few weeks ago was as bad as officiating gets with them favoring one team over the other.

But you’re right, it does seem like the league is at a point they’re not going to ignore the really dirty (and dangerous) stuff from them anymore.

Reply/Quote

Yeah they're still doing some stuff...but what we saw yesterday was pretty lightweight. The Steelers of old would've targeted Burrow's knees, broken Huber's jaw, and ended Chase's season on a crackback.

I'll take what I saw yesterday. That just fires up our guys and reminds them to keep a foot on their neck.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote