Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The curse of Ryan Finley
(11-29-2021, 10:42 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Wasn't that Phillips, not Apple?

Yep, sorry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It was Phillips, but how long did it take to turn a good Notre Dame kid into a Steeler punk?  Jawing at backups after a catch  down 38, and trying to rip a kid's head off.  

"Teams take on the personality of their (thug) coach"
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopefully the Steelers days of having the refs in their pockets are truly coming to and end, but man, that Bears game a few weeks ago was as bad as officiating gets with them favoring one team over the other.

But you’re right, it does seem like the league is at a point they’re not going to ignore the really dirty (and dangerous) stuff from them anymore.

It was bullshit, no question. The league has painted itself in a corner with all of the awareness about concussion and helmet to helmet hits. There would be a lot of uproar if they were allowed to continue those egregious hits. Rightfully so. Gone are the days of "keeping your head on a swivel", so why fear these guys anymore? They're not that good, and not really that well coached anymore with all of the assistant turnover.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Bud Dupree did too.

Yep, I liked Dupree a lot when he was at UK and wanted the Bengals to draft him. Tomlin sure turned him to the dark side.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah they're still doing some stuff...but what we saw yesterday was pretty lightweight. The Steelers of old would've targeted Burrow's knees, broken Huber's jaw, and ended Chase's season on a crackback.

I'll take what I saw yesterday. That just fires up our guys and reminds them to keep a foot on their neck.

They still tried to take out Reiff's (I think it was) knees on a block, and Watt tried to hurt Burrow.
Reply/Quote