Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference Pollack will make
(08-17-2021, 02:07 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I thought he was o line coach for cowboys when their o line was one of the best if not the best?

He was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Michael Jordan on the difference between last year and this year.  All the comments from all the players come down to Pollack actually teaching vs Turner just telling them what to do  

"The changes offensive line coach Pollack used with Jordan have done plenty for him. He praised the focus on specific hand placement, making him feel more confident as a pass blocker compared to last year.

It wasn’t organized,” Jordan said of last year. “It wasn’t planned. ‘Get your hands up.’ Now it’s a little bit more direct with Pollack.”"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 02:07 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I thought he was o line coach for cowboys when their o line was one of the best if not the best?

He was the Cowboys OL coach from 2015-2017 and was the assistant OL coach in 2013-2014.    So, he was definitely there when the Cowboys had very good OLine play.  
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 07:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let me preface this by saying I absolutely do not expect Pollack to come back here and perform miracles. He’s not going to turn guys like Spain and XSF into Pro Bowlers, but I think some are forgetting just how good of a coach he is (especially compared to what we had the last couple years). Saw this thread by Joe Goodberry and there’s some interesting numbers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joegoodberry/status/1377750950518095876?prefetchtimestamp=1617485977261

Where Pollack was ranked when he was here in Cincinnati is particularly impressive considering what he was working with that year.

[Image: EAq3Cm9UIAIoE5n?format=jpg&name=large]

And now he’s obviously going to have guys like Jonah and Reiff.

I am in no way shape or form advocating putting all our hopes on just him and not adding any more pieces to the OL. I want at 1-2 from this draft. But I feel so much better going into this season with an actual NFL caliber OL coach (and run game coordinator).

Ive stated I believe Pollack is not a bad coach but still concerning in his most recent coaching position how bad the Jets lined performed under his coaching for two years and still can;t get out of my head the start of a downward spiral that started with Price's rookie year had which was under Pollack.  Im going to keep an open mind because he has had some success in his career but im not ready to just anoint him a great position coach until I see real results with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 06:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ive stated I believe Pollack is not a bad coach but still concerning in his most recent coaching position how bad the Jets lined performed under his coaching for two years and still can;t get out of my head the  start of a downward spiral that started with Price's rookie year had which was under Pollack.  Im going to keep an open mind because he has had some success in his career but im not ready to just anoint him a great position coach until I see real results with the Bengals.

Real results...hmmmmm, how many sacs do you think last year's line would have given up to Tampa?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 08:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Real results...hmmmmm, how many sacs do you think last year's line would have given up to Tampa?

And not even just sacks but pressure and hits as well. It’s preseason but it was encouraging that we kept our QBs clean aside for the most part.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 06:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ive stated I believe Pollack is not a bad coach but still concerning in his most recent coaching position how bad the Jets lined performed under his coaching for two years and still can;t get out of my head the  start of a downward spiral that started with Price's rookie year had which was under Pollack.  Im going to keep an open mind because he has had some success in his career but im not ready to just anoint him a great position coach until I see real results with the Bengals.
The Jets have such a negative culture no position would 
Be able to go there any get anything out his players.
Then you add on  the fact how many Jets olinemen other 
Than Mekhi Becton could start elsewhere?

Most of the Jets oline under Pollack was nothing more 
Than practice squad journeymen. 
Part of coaching is coaching players that are passionate
About the game and want to improve
Pollack didnt forget how to develop talent as,soon as he landed
In NY.
Reply/Quote
Seeing and hearing good things about Coach Pollack already. Long may it continue.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 08:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Real results...hmmmmm, how many sacs do you think last year's line would have given up to Tampa?

Well that like saying how many Jets gave up playing TB , also 1st team played like 1/2 quarter.  So on that dame context we rushed fo 2.0 yards vs 1st time.  Woo
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 09:18 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Jets have such a negative culture no position would 
Be able to go there any get anything out his players.
Then you add on  the fact how many Jets olinemen other 
Than Mekhi Becton could start elsewhere?

Most of the Jets oline under Pollack was nothing more 
Than practice squad journeymen. 
Part of coaching is coaching players that are passionate
About the game and want to improve
Pollack didnt forget how to develop talent as,soon as he landed
In NY.

So praise him when bengals line was not good and he did ok for a year but excuse him for jets line regressing over 2 yes.  Makes sense
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 07:01 PM)wanga Wrote: Seeing and hearing good things about Coach Pollack already. Long may it continue.

Damn rights Wanga. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 09:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So praise him when bengals line was not good and he did ok for a year but excuse him for jets line regressing over 2 yes.  Makes sense

So I guess you wanted the Bengals to stay with Turner huh?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 10:08 PM)impactplaya Wrote: So I guess you wanted the Bengals to stay with Turner huh?

deflect deflect
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 09:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So praise him when bengals line was not good and he did ok 

Just "ok"?

2018 Bengals finish #8 in the league in yards per carry (4.7), and before Dalton was injured they also had a sack rate in the top 10 (5.4%).

And that was with Price starting at center, Redmond at RG, and Hart at RT.

Sad how hard some people will spin just to shit on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 07:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just "ok"?

2018 Bengals finish #8 in the league in yards per carry (4.7), and before Dalton was injured they also had a sack rate in the top 10 (5.4%).

And that was with Price starting at center, Redmond at RG, and Hart at RT.

Sad how hard some people will spin just to shit on the Bengals.

If you want to good year then fine   but again you spun it your way, u left off my point on jets .how did his stats with ring and and sacks do with jets that was my point ??  yes good coach but last 2 yrs not good so I'm not to about anointing him like others a great coach yet.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:59 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you want to good year then fine   but again you spun it your way, u left off my point on jets .how did his stats with ring and and sacks  do with jets that was my point ??  yes good coach but last 2 yrs not good so I'm not to about anointing him like others a great coach yet.  

Maybe not a great coach....but a damn sight better than what we've had since he left.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bump

Coach Pollack has his guys playing some damn good football right now. Jonah was a little shaky early on today, but overall they’re keeping Joe clean (only 1 sack vs a nasty Ravens defense), and they’re opening up some nice holes in the run game.

It’s no coincidence Mixon is having his best season since Pollack was here the first time.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

Coach Pollack has his guys playing some damn good football right now. Jonah was a little shaky early on today, but overall they’re keeping Joe clean (only 1 sack vs a nasty Ravens defense), and they’re opening up some nice holes in the run game.

It’s no coincidence Mixon is having his best season since Pollack was here the first time.

Have to watch the entire game, only got to watch the last part on TV when they changed the Titans/Chiefs game to ours.

Loved the run blocking by Carman and Hopkins late, was beautiful and nasty at the same time. Smirk

Hopkins looks to be getting over the injury now which is great to see.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to watch the entire game, only got to watch the last part on TV when they changed the Titans/Chiefs game to ours.

Loved the run blocking by Carman and Hopkins late, was beautiful and nasty at the same time. Smirk

Hopkins looks to be getting over the injury now which is great to see.
I.think.It was Carmen.and Hopkins.that did a
Devastating double team block on Williams
Springing Perine for that 46 yd jaunt.
Funny the Anti Pollack crowd is silent now
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I.think.It was Carmen.and Hopkins.that did a
Devastating double team block on Williams
Springing Perine for that 46 yd jaunt.
Funny the Anti Pollack crowd is silent now

Yes they are, except Brad suddenly saying we are bad because of pressures.

But hey, it is the Ravens. They are about as good as it gets. Williams is a stud. That was fun to watch late. Wore him out.

Those were nasty blocks, love that shit. Cool
Reply/Quote