Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The difference in Andy Dalton
(10-04-2015, 02:13 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: As a huge Dalton "doubter" I can honestly say that I have seen a huge difference in the quality of his game.

Dalton has improved in many aspects of his game so far.

[Image: bb52bc2bdace37200c4014ce4ab25a32.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 12:58 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So far, no high balls.

Throwing the ball high was his worst issue if you ask me.

He corrected that, and the rest comes with it.

Keep it up Andy.

Gotta agree, Andy is one of the few that has shown visible improvement in his game this year. He used to go the whole first half throwing the ball high, he has shown to have that under control so far.

A couple points:
1) In years past they probably thought they could get away with a few mistakes (fumbles/ints in the redzone/etc), but this year I think they believe it.
2) I think benching J. Hill early on benefited the entire team, with pushing Gio to run well - and telling everyone else even the star player can be sat down if not performing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 01:25 AM)Utts Wrote: How is an injury cover up more plausible than him losing confidence, and WHY WHY WHY would they let him play in the Pro Bowl if he were injured? Rubbish.

It's more plausible because he hasn't lost confidence, evidenced by the way he's responded this season and during the celebrity soft ball game. 

Questioning his pro bowl appearance is a valid point, but it also indicates he didn't lose confidence in and of itself. And it doesn't explain away a possible injury cover up. The possibilities are endless as to why he played in that game if he was in fact injured. Maybe the alleged injury healed by then. Maybe he was encouraged to play to cover up skirting the injury report. As unlikely as that is, it's still more plausible than lacking confidence. 

Like I said, maybe he had a lingering injury, maybe not. He did in fact go down hard early last season, then proceeded to have his worst statistical season. That's indisputable. 

The perception is that they took the ball outta his hands. I disagree that this was the result of a lack of confidence because the MO doesn't fit in the big picture. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 10:02 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Hm. 
I don't know if they were "in his ear" too much. The thing I've heard the most re: on field play is that a bad stretch, or bad plays, would linger - and perhaps lead to more issues. They point to some incompletions in the red zone vs. SD that led to a field goal. In the past, perhaps he forces the issue. Instead, an incompletion is a win. Then you look at combination of the Eifert non-TD / sack-fumble / INT - never lost confidence, never let it continue on. Now, this isn't saying he's not going to have a bad game or games or the Bengals won't lose games. But they feel they've seen the foundation of what could prevent the 2.0 performance, or the stretch of 3-4 games. That's kind of the point of this though - we don't really know what will happen - but that something is "different."

I can see that. Perhaps, let's hope, it's all finally coming together for Andy and crew. Hope he lights up the Chiefs !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is it time to re-visit that Tannehill vs. Dalton debate yet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DJS wanted me to let you know that this thread belongs in the Dalton mega thread. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote