Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The difference is apparent...
Between Dalton and high level or elite QBs when you see them in the same game.

I'm normally a Dalton apologist, but it's time to move on. He's not elite, the team isn't good, and there is a 1984 feel to this upcoming QB draft class.

I know Daltons numbers looked ok. But a misread here, a sack that should have been a throw away here, a missed throw in a crucial 3rd down...devastating.

I saw Brady and Rodgers today, and had zero doubts they'd make plays when needed.

If you're sure Dalton is the answer, I ask you this. What is the final score if we ONLY trade Dalton for Rodgers? How does Andy react to all that pressure Rodgers saw? Does he make a big comeback?

I thought he turned a corner on 2015. I was wrong. Maybe he turns it around somewhere else. I personally see a elite young defense forming and would like to see us TAKE A CHANCE to nab one of these QBs coming out. At least take a look and see what we have with McCarron as well.
Reply/Quote
You have some great points.

Honestly...this offense needs 4 new lineman and a new TE before it's going to be ready to compete.

Dalton is above average...but it would take an elite QB to overcome this organization.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You have some great points.

Honestly...this offense needs 4 new lineman and a new TE before it's going to be ready to compete.

Dalton is above average...but it would take an elite QB to overcome this organization.

The lines are actually kind of junk throughout the league right now. If we've reached a point where we say, our QB is alright, all he needs is high draft pick receivers and RBs, a high draft pick TE and a new OL and he can win...well maybe we should just look at replacing the QB first
Reply/Quote
Dalton's stats today look nice on paper, but when he needed to make plays at crucial moments, he didn't. Any competent QB can complete dink-and-dunk passes. But things like navigating the pocket, avoiding pressure, looking past your first read, turning nothing into something, and making the throws you need to make. That's where it really counts. And on almost all of these fronts, Dalton seems to have regressed these last two years. And I'm not about to place ALL of the blame on the offensive line.

I like Dalton, and I've stuck by him for the most part, but he just doesn't look like a guy that's going to take us the distance.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You have some great points.

Yes. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Take away AJ Green.

And where would Andy Dalton be?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:52 PM)Brimey Wrote: The lines are actually kind of junk throughout the league right now. If we've reached a point where we say, our QB is alright, all he needs is high draft pick receivers and RBs, a high draft pick TE and a new OL and he can win...well maybe we should just look at replacing the QB first

You're missing the big picture. This organization KNEW how bad this line (oline looks fine in Big D). This organization does NOTHING in FA. This organization hasn't won a playoff game in 26 years. This organization has stuck with Mediocre Marv for 15 years.  This organization has kept Piano Man for 25 years.  Twenty ***** five!  

I seriously doubt any player does much to overcome this shit show.  Just accept it!  I have....and my Sundays are so relaxing now.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Take away AJ Green.

And where would Andy Dalton be?

Take away Andy Dalton....where would Marvin Lewis be?

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes. 

Heck - Palmer was a #1 pick with a strong arm and good accuracy and he wasn't good enough to overcome the organization.

We could run the ball back then and had good WR's too.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: You're missing the big picture. This organization KNEW how bad this line (oline looks fine in Big D). This organization does NOTHING in FA. This organization hasn't won a playoff game in 26 years. This organization has stuck with Mediocre Marv for 15 years.  This organization has kept Piano Man for 25 years.  Twenty ***** five!  

I seriously doubt any player does much to overcome this shit show.  Just accept it!  I have....and my Sundays are so relaxing now.

That sums it up best. And once we do fix the line...some other leak will spring up.

You just can't fill all your needs through the draft. You can't...because you never know which players you draft will turn out good. Like if your line is bad and you draft 4 lineman to fill those spots...There's a 50% chance your 1st round pick will EVER be starting quality. The odds go down as the rounds get later.

But the Bengals make us think that free agency is really risk and the draft isn't. Well free agents atleast have played against NFL players. Then, it's up to your scouting to know if they'll fit in your system.
Reply/Quote
0-4 in the playoffs. Best showing was a QB rating of 67.

AJMC plays what like 3-4 career games and gets us closer to a playoff win than Dalton ever did.

AJMC may not even be a good starting QB. Will he be that big of a downgrade on Dalton that we shouldnt even try it? Hell no.

WJ3 0 defensive snaps last week. Carl Lawson barely any snaps last week. Pick six and multiple sacks. Hmm weird.
Reply/Quote
Allen looks like a beast on the Redskins defensive line.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 0-4 in the playoffs. Best showing was a QB rating of 67.

The entire team stunk in all of those games and you know it.

AJMC plays what like 3-4 career games and gets us closer to a playoff win than Dalton ever did.

The defense kept us in that game and you know it. 

AJMC may not even be a good starting QB. Will he be that big of a downgrade on Dalton that we shouldnt even try it? Hell no.

You are correct, the chances of AJM being a good stating QB for the Cincinnati Bengals is very low. 

WJ3 0 defensive snaps last week. Carl Lawson barely any snaps last week. Pick six and multiple sacks. Hmm weird.

Now you want to complain about coaching decisions? That should have been number 1, no?

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:52 PM)Brimey Wrote: The lines are actually kind of junk throughout the league right now. If we've reached a point where we say, our QB is alright, all he needs is high draft pick receivers and RBs, a high draft pick TE and a new OL and he can win...well maybe we should just look at replacing the QB first

Valid point
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Heck - Palmer was a #1 pick with a strong arm and good accuracy and he wasn't good enough to overcome the organization.

We could run the ball back then and had good WR's too.

To be fair, the injuries killed his career here.
Reply/Quote
Dalton and Green are headed down the Palmer and Chad route. Lets see who we side with this time.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: To be fair, the injuries killed his career here.

He's still playing at a high level.

What killed his career here was he saw management wasn't committed to winning and wanted out.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton and Green are headed down the Palmer and Chad route.  Lets see who we side with this time.

Who headed down the Dillon and Pickens route.
Reply/Quote
Problem is there are only what? 2 truely elite QB's in the world? And they both look mortal when constantly pressured which they would be behind this line. Dalton is more than capable of leading us where we want to go if given a good supporting cast. I like our chances of doing that far more than I do of us getting lucky and getting a once in a generation type talent
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's still playing at a high level.

What killed his career here was he saw management wasn't committed to winning and wanted out.

True, but winning the 2005 playoff game very well would have changed the narrative here.
Reply/Quote