Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first full length animated movie you've seen
While many of you most likely were taken to see a Disney movie like Snow White or Bambi by your parents, I was never afforded that luxury, lol.

My first full length animated movie was Heavy Metal when it was on HBO back in the 80's I think it was.

The first Disney Movie I ever saw was when Beauty and the Beast came out on VHS when my daughter turned 3 years old. I was amazed at how good it was and the flow of it. You know how kids will watch the same movie over and over again, I was right there with my daughter watching it, lol.

My favorite part of the movie was when Gaston and Lafoo were singing a little thing after Maurice came into the tavern yelling about the Beast.

Gaston sings, "Lafoo, I'm afraid I've been thinking"
Lafoo sings, "A dangerous pastime"
And Gaston sing, "I know"

It cracks me up even now, lol.

Sorry, I just watched this again with my grand daughter tonight and had to share.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure it was Peter Pan or the Little Mermaid.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Probably "The Grinch That Stole Christmas".
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 12:53 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: While many of you most likely were taken to see a Disney movie like Snow White or Bambi by your parents, I was never afforded that luxury, lol.

My first full length animated movie was Heavy Metal when it was on HBO back in the 80's I think it was.

The first Disney Movie I ever saw was when Beauty and the Beast came out on VHS when my daughter turned 3 years old. I was amazed at how good it was and the flow of it. You know how kids will watch the same movie over and over again, I was right there with my daughter watching it, lol.

My favorite part of the movie was when Gaston and Lafoo were singing a little thing after Maurice came into the tavern yelling about the Beast.

Sorry, I just watched this again with my grand daughter tonight and had to share.
Jungle Book was probably my first.

Beauty and he Beast is probably one of the best adaptations by Disney.  You're right it flows well.

Another animated movie that has some pretty good snappy dialogue (for a kids movie) that most don't know about is Road To El Dorado.

Big Hero 6 is pretty good for a newer animated flick.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Me4866c06e6f5b3721e85db28a095f...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 12:53 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: While many of you most likely were taken to see a Disney movie like Snow White or Bambi by your parents, I was never afforded that luxury, lol.

It is hard to find a clinker in the Disney library. We had them all when my child was growing up and, as you said, they are enjoyable over and over for kids and the adults.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Probably Bambi
Reply/Quote
Brave little Toaster.... *Still fav Disney movie*

But I love the heavy metal movies....
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 08:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Jungle Book was probably my first.

Beauty and he Beast is probably one of the best adaptations by Disney.  You're right it flows well.

Another animated movie that has some pretty good snappy dialogue (for a kids movie) that most don't know about is Road To El Dorado.

Big Hero 6 is pretty good for a newer animated flick.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Me4866c06e6f5b3721e85db28a095f...=300&h=300]

The Emperor's New Groove - my favorite all time animated flick
Mulan - Reflection sung by Lea Salonga is amazing, she did the singing for Mulan and Princess Jasmine

Hercules (if you can get past the bastardization of Olympus lore)  Amazing Songs again, this is one of my wife's favorites

Frozen (if you can get past the saturation) - again the ALL singing is amazing, not just Let it Go
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 11:11 AM)Stewy Wrote: The Emperor's New Groove - my favorite all time animated flick
Mulan - Reflection sung by Lea Salonga is amazing, she did the singing for Mulan and Princess Jasmine

That one is awesome.  David Spade has always been one of my favorites.  Nobody does snarky like that dude.  A buh bye.

He had a short lived show on Comedy Central that made fun of celebrities before his Rules of Engagement gig that was hilarious.

You should check out Road To El Dorado.  Good banter between the two main characters. 

Not a huge fan of Elton John but it works for the soundtrack.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What's crazy is that no one has mentioned The Lion King which is Disneys biggest and most loved movie.

I find that rather fascinating

EDIT: I thought The Lion King was good and had some good Adult one liners like

Zimba: "you're so weird"
Scar: "You have no idea"

But it was nothing compared to Beauty and The Beast in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
It's either The Secret of Nimh or An American Tail.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 12:42 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What's crazy is that no one has mentioned The Lion King which is Disneys biggest and most loved movie.

I find that rather fascinating

EDIT: I thought The Lion King was good and had some good Adult one liners like

Zimba: "you're so weird"
Scar: "You have no idea"

But it was nothing compared to Beauty and The Beast in my opinion.

the question wasn't about your favorite it was about the first one you have seen.
Reply/Quote
pretty sure mine is The Last Unicorn....that or The Hobbit....but i'm leaning Last Unicorn.....though now i seem to recall being forced to watch some crazy time traveling dinosaur movie in kindergarten where a tyrannosaurus rex eats a bunch of baby dinosaurs...and there's lots of blood....wonder if i can find it.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 08:15 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It's either The Secret of Nimh or An American Tail.

I saw one called "Some American Tail"....it was entertaining, but it wasn't animated.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure it was Bambi. My dad's plant had a free movie day and that's what they showed.

But maybe more memorable was sophomore year of high school. A friend had a bootleg copy of Ninja Scroll, the first anime I ever watched. I was blown away. The only other anime I could find in my area was Akira, so that was my second. I've been a big anime fan since then.
Reply/Quote
From 1972

[Image: MPW-46011]
Reply/Quote
Had to ask my mom, and she said she took me to see Bednobs & Broomsticks, which the interwebs tells me was a mix of Disney animation and live action. Beats me, I forgot I ever saw it. I do remember well the first live-action "grown-up" movie I got to see in a theater: The Poseidon Adventure. I was just five. That was cool.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 08:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Had to ask my mom, and she said she took me to see Bednobs & Broomsticks, which the interwebs tells me was a mix of Disney animation and live action.  Beats me, I forgot I ever saw it.  I do remember well the first live-action "grown-up" movie I got to see in a theater: The Poseidon Adventure.  I was just five.  That was cool.

Forgot about Bedknobs and Broomsticks. That's my first one. 
Reply/Quote