Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
The games are Boring
(09-26-2023, 02:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Go root for KC, unless you already do....

I talked so much shit to them that they banned me two years ago.

Doesn't change the fact that Patty is more fun to watch.
(09-26-2023, 02:20 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: With the supposed best receiving trio in the NFL, Joe MIxon, and a much better O-line then we've seen in past seasons? I think we can expect more than one TD per game, yes. 

Colts were projected to be a bottom feeder team yet Uncle RIco can help them put up 31 points. A lot of the excuses we make for the Bengals don't seem to apply to anyone else, BUT the bengals.

Make it make sense.

Bro, we know what this offense would look like without a fully functioning Joe Burrow.

Taylor's not turning water into wine.

If you're hoping for someone to come in and take over playcalling, it's not happening this year.
Ownership has seen how this offense can perform when Burrow is healthy, and that will be the excuse given unless/until the offense struggles week after week with Burrow fully healthy.

As much as we may want someone else who is more creative to call plays, this is what we have to deal with.
Watch it or don't, but nothing will change this year in terms of magic new creativity.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Well we got the W, but unless you really enjoy seeing Matt Stafford get beat up and look crappy then yes, this was a bit of a boring game. Fair enough.
(09-26-2023, 02:22 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Try Womens Soccer. 

I love buttcheek football, uh I mean soccer. 

BengalYankee Scores ....

Goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllll.....

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Pervert
[Image: R.12f2d5fee23ff534651bb193c5733151?rik=y...ImgRaw&r=0][Image: OIP.o5A7WEg2HIcDOjmDnNR0mgAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]

Why does top left appear to have chicken feet stuffed into her sports bra?  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
SUre, offensively the game was kind of boring but I enjoyed watching the defense, especially the second half. I cant remember the last time the bengals D line was able to get that much pressure on the QB. It was awesome to see
(09-26-2023, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here. It is what we had to do with our predicament, and it feels great in pulling out the ugly ones against a good team.

The Offense isn't there yet clearly, but the Defense is fun to watch, 6 sacks and getting turnovers from our Defensive Captain is awesome.

I guess the OP wouldn't like it if this were the 2000 Ravens team either.

ThumbsUp

Good question, if all you like is high scoring Offense and no Defense, that's your team.

Watch them fail once games really matter here later in the year. They have a great Offense with that speed, but if you have speed 
on the backend with good tackling like we have you can slow them down and the Phin's Defense does not impress me at all.

No shit, especially Nobigzo...

With our QB banged up and going against some of the best Defenses in the NFL. A win is enjoyable for me....

But to each their own.

I probably wouldn't have liked it until they actually won the SB, only because enduring the boring games got rewarded with a SB.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that our D is like the 2000 Ravens? 

I made the mistake of thinking the Rams were good. But they're just frauds who benefited from having two division games to kick off their season.
(09-26-2023, 02:52 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I probably wouldn't have liked it until they actually won the SB, only because enduring the boring games got rewarded with a SB.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that our D is like the 2000 Ravens? 

I made the mistake of thinking the Rams were good. But they're just frauds who benefited from having two division games to kick off their season.

What was our excuse? We had 2 division games to kick off the season and we looked horrible. They stomped a 2-1 Seahawks team and outgained a 3-0 49ers team. Rams are not frauds.

If you think watching that defense last night was boring, buddy are you in the wrong game. You want 70 point blowouts go play madden in rookie mode.
(09-26-2023, 02:55 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What was our excuse? We had 2 division games to kick off the season and we looked horrible. They stomped a 2-1 Seahawks team and outgained a 3-0 49ers team. Rams are not frauds.

If you think watching that defense last night was boring, buddy are you in the wrong game. You want 70 point blowouts go play madden in rookie mode.

Division games are typically toss-ups regrades of how good or bad teams are overall. Playing a team twice a year gives coaching staffs and players way more familiarity with them than other teams.

This is why Houston was able to give the AFC South hell despite being a shitty team.
(09-26-2023, 02:57 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Division games are typically toss-ups regrades of how good or bad teams are overall. This is why Houston was able to give the AFC South hell despite being a shitty team.

Or you know the AFC South is generally regarded as the worst division in football by a WIDE margin.
(09-26-2023, 02:58 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Or you know the AFC South is generally regarded as the worst division in football by a WIDE margin.

I can pull up the margins of division games the last two seasons and compare it to non-division games and show you the former's margin is as thin as my figure.
(09-26-2023, 03:05 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I can pull up the margins of division games the last two seasons and compare it to non-division games and show you the former's margin is as thin as my figure.

That does nothing to prove or disprove the team the Rams are this year. Everyone forgets they were ravaged by injuries last year and WON the Super Bowl the year before that. They may not be Super Bowl contenders this year but they are closer to that than frauds.

Actual games are boring to the OP.

Posting about how boring actual games are to the OP is NOT boring to the OP.  Attitude
It's a week to week league, find a way to get it done and move on. Three weeks from now we will not look back at this game and say "oh, we beat the Rams by 3 and the defense did the whole job". Did we beat the Rams? Yes? Ok check the box and move on to Tennesse.
It’s a dumb problem with an easy fix.

I’ll let you take it from here.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

(09-26-2023, 03:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: That does nothing to prove or disprove the team the Rams are this year. Everyone forgets they were ravaged by injuries last year and WON the Super Bowl the year before that. They may not be Super Bowl contenders this year but they are closer to that than frauds.

It proves that playing well against a division opponent isn't indicative of how good a team is, which was my point.

Feel free to revisit this post in a few month's time. See what the outlook on the Rams is then.
(09-26-2023, 02:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm a huge fan of opera. I've never once been to a full show; I turn off every opera song that comes across my radio; I don't like that most operas are in a language I can't speak; I find opera-style songs verrrrrrrrrrrrry boring; hell, I even fast forward through the bits on Victor Borge's videos where he's making fun of operas because they're too boring. 

How DARE you question my opera fanhood! Mad

Whatever

I've been to several games. I've engaged in good faith conversations on this board with you haters since 2014, i've been right there through the thick and thin of things; including gameday threads. My only boundary is not supporing an platform app that enables kid diddling (Discord).

Not sure what else you could want.
(09-26-2023, 04:16 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It proves that playing well against a division opponent isn't indicative of how good a team is, which was my point.

Feel free to revisit this post in a few month's time. See what the outlook on the Rams is then.

Will do.
(09-26-2023, 02:32 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I talked so much shit to them that they banned me two years ago.

Doesn't change the fact that Patty Andy Reid is more fun to watch.

Fixed it for you.

Mahomes is able to do so much because he has a very creative offensive playcaller who can think up a bunch of (new) ways to attack a defense based on injuries, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Zac Taylor is not Andy Reid.
Very, very few teams have someone like Reid who can adapt like he can.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(09-26-2023, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fixed it for you.

Mahomes is able to do so much because he has a very creative offensive playcaller who can think up a bunch of (new) ways to attack a defense based on injuries, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Zac Taylor is not Andy Reid.
Very, very few teams have someone like Reid who can adapt like he can.

So you think Andy is drawing up all the plays where Mahomes pulls the ball and makes plays off the scramble??? Hilarious
If Reid was as great a coach as some of you make him out to be, he would never have been fired from his last job. He's got Mahomes, Taylor has Burrow, Belicheat had Brady.
(09-26-2023, 05:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So you think Andy is drawing up all the plays where Mahomes pulls the ball and makes plays off the scramble??? Hilarious
If Reid was as great a coach as some of you make him out to be, he would never have been fired from his last job. He's got Mahomes, Taylor has Burrow, Belicheat had Brady.

Conference title. SB appearance, many regular season successes.