Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The good news is...
we are not peaking too early on offense.

This long game should now make up for the zero preseason snaps, maybe we bounce back next week?

Reply/Quote
Only plus sides are it cannot be worse than that the rest of the season.

An enormous drop kick up the backside has now been given. No more we're the real deal without proving it. That today was as atrocious as many of the joke Bengals teams we've had over the years. And these guys are meant to be SB ready. Prove it.

Win in Dallas and this is quickly overwritten.
Reply/Quote
At the very least, they will have a legit long snapper next week.

Hopefully Lael Collins plays his ass off against his old team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My glass-half-full takeaway is that all those mistakes only lead to one loss. Honestly, there were enough gaffs to lose three games or more.
Reply/Quote
The line started to play better in the 2nd half. Despite the mistakes, they had a shot at winning the game...multiple shots at winning the game. I hate saying it but Pittsburgh's defense played really well.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: we are not peaking too early on offense.

This long game should now make up for the zero preseason snaps, maybe we bounce back next week?

I feel like some preseason snaps would've helped... unfortunately Volson got those snaps, and he's gonna be a civ all year long.

No sacks, and no turnovers be didnt help or efforts either.

Joe clearly wasn't himself as well...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:31 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: My glass-half-full takeaway is that all those mistakes only lead to one loss. Honestly, there were enough gaffs to lose three games or more.

Yes,and with all the “gaffs”they still would have won had Taylor challenged that touchdown by Ja’Maar Chase.Because it was a touchdown.Or,having our starting long snapper might help.
Reply/Quote
The team showed grit. The fact is the Steelers should of put that game away in the first half. We will get things righted, but LG is obviously still a major concern. Hard to fault kicking when you set a team record and you lose a guy like Clark Harris whose been dependable for so long. Things will settle down. Act like the team, don't give up, don't panic.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:43 PM)jason Wrote: Joe clearly wasn't himself as well...

In what way? 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: In what way? 

He was off target a lot in the first half. We are talking about a guy who went a period where he was more focused on weight gain than football. Things will even out.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes,and with all the “gaffs”they still would have won had Taylor challenged that touchdown by Ja’Maar Chase.Because it was a touchdown.Or,having our starting long snapper might help.

Not challenging the touchdown turned out okay, as they scored with 2 seconds left.  All would have been good had the Bengals had a long snapper. Not a position I would think you need a backup, but apparently you do. 
Reply/Quote
Why didn't they just let Karras snap??
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:43 PM)jason Wrote: I feel like some preseason snaps would've helped... unfortunately Volson got those snaps, and he's gonna be a civ all year long.

No sacks, and no turnovers be didnt help or efforts either.

Joe clearly wasn't himself as well...

I knew losing was a possibility going into the game and it certainly was if you have 5 turnovers. I think the team got a little settled down and played better down the stretch and got really unlucky with the Harris injury. 

The troubling thing is I'm by no means an oline guy and I knew Volson would be a liability against Heyward. I just don't understand how you don't address that and it just see how things go. Not only that but even if your cool with what you saw out of Volson he looked like a big man running with concrete in his shoes in space in the preseason. Then you task him with pulling and taking out TJ Watt. Just have Burrow right to Watt and fall down at the snap. It will lose less yards.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:53 PM)Tony Wrote: Why didn't they just let Karras snap??

I never thought of that. That seems like a sensational idea.
Reply/Quote
Zac said our backup was the guy doing snaps in preseason and practice
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not challenging the touchdown turned out okay, as they scored with 2 seconds left.  All would have been good had the Bengals had a long snapper. Not a position I would think you need a backup, but apparently you do. 

This was another play at another time I’m talking about.The one you’re talking about is where the tip of his toe was out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
It is what it is. The result sucks, but we turned the ball over 5 times against a playoff team and still would have won if our LS didn't get injured.
Reply/Quote
Sucks to lose, but if we can play that poorly and still have multiple chances to win we should even out over the season.

This is a team very unused to being favorites/winning in the NFL. One Superbowl appearance isn't enough. Still lots of growing for this team to do.
Reply/Quote
Good news is we can still replace Pollack..lol
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:15 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This was another play at another time I’m talking about.The one you’re talking about is where the tip of his toe was out of bounds.

2nd last drive in regulation. Should have challenged. It’s was clearly a TD. Not sure how no call comes down to challenge that. We had some momentum too. But still have to win it with that extra point or the chip shot. So frustrating that he didn’t pull the ball down on that 3rd down attempt.
Reply/Quote