Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The guy brought in to 'modernize' our offense is a terrible playcaller
It's blatantly obvious that he's a terrible playcaller. Running an Andy Dalton sneak from the 4-5 yard line on 4th down? Many other examples.

Mixon had a tremendous day today and we still couldn't score 20 points. The issues are far beyond missing AJ Green and Jonah.

He needs replaced as a playcaller. I think we all agree. He took over in Miami for Lazor and made that offense worse. Then as OC at UC, he produced the 123rd ranked offense out of 128.

I feel like this guys position in the NFL is as a QB Coach...NOT an offensive coordinator...and certainly not as a HC. It's just too big of a jump for him. He needs to work under a great HC for years to learn. He should have stayed with McVay.

So, if a guy is hired for his offensive mind...and he is terrible as an OC - What skills does Taylor have that make him salvageable as a HC?
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Either he needs to be forced to hire a play-calling OC or he needs to be fired. One of the two.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:49 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Either he needs to be forced to hire a play-calling OC or he needs to be fired.  One of the two.

Say they bring in Jay Gruden...why not just make Jay Gruden the HC too?

What does Taylor do that makes him a good HC?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Say they bring in Jay Gruden...why not just make Jay Gruden the HC too?

Honestly I wouldn't even hate that. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
“He nailed the interview.”

Who was asking the questions - and what were they?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Honestly I wouldn't even hate that. 

I'm thinking of: McCarthy or Rivera or maybe even Del Rio as HC with Jay Gruden as OC.

(I've always liked Del Rio for whatever reason.)
Reply/Quote
If you read dude's post-game he puts it all on "lack of execution". He pretty much loves himself and is blaming the players.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you read dude's post-game he puts it all on "lack of execution". He pretty much loves himself and is blaming the players.

Early in the year he'd give the same thing...A bunch of different guys made a bunch of different mistakes.

Interestingly, that narcissism will prevent him from realizing how bad he is as a playcaller.
Reply/Quote
I’m getting really good gas mileage pulling the bandwagon this year. Light load.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm thinking of: McCarthy or Rivera or maybe even Del Rio as HC with Jay Gruden as OC.

(I've always liked Del Rio for whatever reason.)

I wanted McCarthy as HC.
Reply/Quote
On whether a draw was called on the 4th down play:
“We had two plays called there. That’s the play that we wanted to get to. We should have walked in.”
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: On whether a draw was called on the 4th down play:
“We had two plays called there. That’s the play that we wanted to get to. We should have walked in.”

You literally did a thread on this.... 
Reply/Quote
On whether he wanted a draw on the 4th down play and what he saw:
“Yes. Five-man box. Two safeties. Five-man box. Again we should walk in.”
Reply/Quote
I watched Andy Dalton throw it in the dirt 3 times and once out of the back of the end zone in the redzone. We can attack play calling but if your QB can't even get the ball to the receivers its bad...

PS: The play calling and play designs also netted 146 yards rushing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:43 PM)Synric Wrote: I watched Andy Dalton throw it in the dirt 3 times and once out of the back of the end zone in the redzone. We can attack play calling but if your QB can't even get the ball to the receivers its bad...

PS: The play calling and play designs also netted 146 yards rushing.

Exactly. Playcalling or not, you don't expect your 9 year vet to only be 2 of 8 for 19ish yards, 2 3rd down sacks, and 2 yard run, that he checked into, on 4th down in the redzone.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Say they bring in Jay Gruden...why not just make Jay Gruden the HC too?

ZT is the best coach available who agreed to walk the MB line.  Oof.
Reply/Quote
I really like the run calls.

All the little pitches and pull blocks and directional runs seemed to be well researched and executed perfectly.

The only thing I can't get over is how no one is capable of properly utilizing Ross.
Reply/Quote
I missed it did we give Zac a Gatorade bath this week too? That was the most embarrassing thing I've seen in my 30 years of watching this team. If the Brown family has any sense of shame this idiot would be fired the minute the season ends. Having said that I look forward to his 5 year extension.
Reply/Quote