Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-16-2016, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Red Pull the Korean knock-off version of Red Bull?  I wouldn't drink that stuff if I were you.

Maybe the Nordic knock-off version. Reich Bull.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm disappointed that the obvious masturbation joke was not made.
Sad
(06-17-2016, 06:31 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm disappointed that the obvious masturbation joke was not made.
Sad

Didn't want to step on your toes. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-17-2016, 08:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Didn't want to step on your toes. Ninja

I appreciate that.
I'm only good at a few things.
Whatever
(06-16-2016, 01:21 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: The point again is to lower MY cost of living and encouraging others to do the same. Lowering the cost of living of people will help more than raising the minimum wage.

Only problem is that your plan will not work in the world of reality.

Too many people do not have the money to invest in aquaponics or any acess to any land to grow their own food.

Gardens are a great idea.  So is aquaponics.  But they simply will not work for everyone in the real world.
(06-18-2016, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only problem is that your plan will not work in the world of reality.

Too many people do not have the money to invest in aquaponics or any acess to any land to grow their own food.

Gardens are a great idea.  So is aquaponics.  But they simply will not work for everyone in the real world.

How I know that rubes only reply with echo chamber rhetoric... when they speak about reality yet are so disconnected from it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aquaponics+in+an+apartment

There is search results from Aquaponics systems in APARTMENTS.

Then he talks about cost?

Yet he didn't do this:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aquaponics+under+%2430+dollars

"It doesn't work in the real world"

Right.... Rolleyes

Fred you keep thinking about making money from selling the food, like farmers.  Stop that insane thinking.  I didn't start my garden to make a profit, at least not in the traditional sense.  My profit comes from not having to spend my money for the majority of my food. 

If I am not spending my money on food, then I can put it toward other things.  Since I own my home, I don't have to spend money on mortgage.  I own my vehicles and don't have to pay that.  So my paychecks are spent on more things that I like and want and they go farther. 
(06-19-2016, 02:05 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: How I know that rubes only reply with echo chamber rhetoric... when they speak about reality yet are so disconnected from it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aquaponics+in+an+apartment

There is search results from Aquaponics systems in APARTMENTS.

Then he talks about cost?

Yet he didn't do this:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aquaponics+under+%2430+dollars

"It doesn't work in the real world"

Right.... Rolleyes

Fred you keep thinking about making money from selling the food, like farmers.  Stop that insane thinking.  I didn't start my garden to make a profit, at least not in the traditional sense.  My profit comes from not having to spend my money for the majority of my food. 

If I am not spending my money on food, then I can put it toward other things.  Since I own my home, I don't have to spend money on mortgage.  I own my vehicles and don't have to pay that.  So my paychecks are spent on more things that I like and want and they go farther. 

Oh great.  For a $30 investment a person can grow three heads of cabbage.

That should put and end tyopoverty as we know it.
(06-19-2016, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh great.  For a $30 investment a person can grow three heads of cabbage.

That should put and end tyopoverty as we know it.

Ah hyperbole... Fred's favorite tactic.

Instead of admitting that if someone were to not have to spend money on those 3 heads of cabbage (you don't have to use cabbage but any type of vegetable), that they would be able to spend that money on something else (thus lowering their cost of living), he decides to go overboard with an extremely exaggerated comparison.

I guess he has me defeated.
(06-19-2016, 05:37 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Ah hyperbole... Fred's favorite tactic.

Instead of admitting that if someone were to not have to spend money on those 3 heads of cabbage (you don't have to use cabbage but any type of vegetable), that they would be able to spend that money on something else (thus lowering their cost of living), he decides to go overboard with an extremely exaggerated comparison.

Can you post some pics of your set up?  Would love to see what we're talking about here. 
(06-19-2016, 07:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Can you post some pics of your set up?  Would love to see what we're talking about here. 

I have posted plenty of videos showing similar set ups to my own.

How about you stop phishing?
(06-19-2016, 07:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I have posted plenty of videos showing similar set ups to my own.

Hey man.  Allow me to offer my sincerest apologies for my genuine request.  Not sure what I'm "phishing" for here, but I guess you found that request intolerably offensive.  If you're uncomfortable posting a picture of your specific set-up, then so be it.  I guess I would think someone as passionate about the topic would be proud to show off their accomplishments.  

Again, please forgive me.  If there are other issues/topics/requests you would like me to refrain from broaching with you in the future, please let me know.  I will keep a running list.  
(06-19-2016, 07:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I have posted plenty of videos showing similar set ups to my own.

If you're ever worried about posting pics, just change the exif data.
There are plenty of free programs to do so.
You can also do it in Photoshop, ect...
(06-19-2016, 09:44 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If you're ever worried about posting pics, just change the exif data.
There are plenty of free programs to do so.
You can also do it in Photoshop, ect...

Good info roto.  Hopefully this eases SN's concerns.  I really hope he isn't still mad at me for my request.  I just wanted to see what he specifically is propagating in his home.  Sounds neat. 
(06-19-2016, 10:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Good info roto.  Hopefully this eases SN's concerns.  I really hope he isn't still mad at me for my request.  I just wanted to see what he specifically is propagating in his home.  Sounds neat. 

It really does.
I have thought about trying out the little hydroponic fish tanks.
https://backtotheroots.com/products/watergarden

I didn't watch the video links that SN posted, yet.
Forgive me if this has already been brought up.
I don't know all the technical stuff that SN obviously has done the research. I don't run our garden, but we have plenty of food for 4 of us plus plenty to give away.

Our home is on a 1/4 acre lot, backyard has a pool with a screened enclosure. And we have plenty of space to do things in the yard as well as have a garden with 2 orange trees and a lemon tree. So I find it hard to believe most people couldn't do this .... Ofc the people who have flats in the city would be limited but there are ways around if you are creative.
(06-19-2016, 05:37 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Ah hyperbole... Fred's favorite tactic.

Inability to understand a point.... SN's biggets weakness.

It just is not possible for everyone to grow enough food to equal the increase in income needed to make sure people earn a living wage.

Three heads of cabbage cost about $2.50.  It takes 5-6 weeks to grow those cabbages.  that amounts to a couple of pennies a day.

Every little bit helps and I tghink anyone who can grow a garden should.  But suggetsing that everyone can significantly lower their cost of living through gardening just is not realistic. 
(06-19-2016, 10:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It really does.
I have thought about trying out the little hydroponic fish tanks.
https://backtotheroots.com/products/watergarden

I didn't watch the video links that SN posted, yet.
Forgive me if this has already been brought up.

Yeah.  Hydroponics are not that tough, all about the PH and the nutrients obviously, but SN knows that.  He's done all the research.  I was just wondering what his flow looks like specifically, but that obviously too personal, so we'll leave it there.  Again, hopefully he can forgive me for asking.  It must be so incredibly traumatic to have someone ask for something so personal as a photo of their set-up.  I mean.  What was I thinking... 

Again SN, PLEASE forgive me.  I don't know how I will sleep tonight wondering if you are worried about my request.  

Whenever you have a moment...
(06-20-2016, 01:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Inability to understand a point.... SN's biggets weakness.

It just is not possible for everyone to grow enough food to equal the increase in income needed to make sure people earn a living wage.

Three heads of cabbage cost about $2.50.  It takes 5-6 weeks to grow those cabbages.  that amounts to a couple of pennies a day.

Every little bit helps and I tghink anyone who can grow a garden should.  But suggetsing that everyone can significantly lower their cost of living through gardening just is not realistic. 

Now Fred...  Take it easy.  $30 for 3 heads of cabbage may make sense for someone with significant means.   I'm not sure if you heard, but some people make A LOT of money annually and travel internationally for work regularly keeping the peace on private contracts.  Sure, they may need to get a wife or girlfriend or possibly pay someone to come tend to their elaborate cabbage facility, but its all worth it if you're making that kind of cash-o-la.  You see?
(06-19-2016, 08:07 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Hey man.  Allow me to offer my sincerest apologies for my genuine request.  Not sure what I'm "phishing" for here, but I guess you found that request intolerably offensive.  If you're uncomfortable posting a picture of your specific set-up, then so be it.  I guess I would think someone as passionate about the topic would be proud to show off their accomplishments.  

Again, please forgive me.  If there are other issues/topics/requests you would like me to refrain from broaching with you in the future, please let me know.  I will keep a running list.  

(06-20-2016, 01:18 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yeah.  Hydroponics are not that tough, all about the PH and the nutrients obviously, but SN knows that.  He's done all the research.  I was just wondering what his flow looks like specifically, but that obviously too personal, so we'll leave it there.  Again, hopefully he can forgive me for asking.  It must be so incredibly traumatic to have someone ask for something so personal as a photo of their set-up.  I mean.  What was I thinking... 

Again SN, PLEASE forgive me.  I don't know how I will sleep tonight wondering if you are worried about my request.  

Whenever you have a moment...

(06-20-2016, 01:24 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Now Fred...  Take it easy.  $30 for 3 heads of cabbage may make sense for someone with significant means.   I'm not sure if you heard, but some people make A LOT of money annually and travel internationally for work regularly keeping the peace on private contracts.  Sure, they may need to get a wife or girlfriend or possibly pay someone to come tend to their elaborate cabbage facility, but its all worth it if you're making that kind of cash-o-la.  You see?

Glad to see this wasn't a phishing attempt.

No worries on my end.  I don't even think about you guys unless someone sends something my way.  Then I get on the boards and check things out.  If I feel like it, I post, most of the time I just read a few post and laugh at the stupidity on constant display.

Just like your simple request (which these request seem to be made by Lucie and myself way more than anyone else), was an obvious attempt at mocking what I do.  It was funny.  I call you out on it, and then you act like that wasn't your goal.  Then true to form you show your intentions.

As I have said, I have posted videos and even did youtube searches on aquaponics, which you are more than free to do.  You can either check them out or not, either way I will refer to my 1st post and tell you it doesn't pertain to me.
(06-20-2016, 01:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Inability to understand a point.... SN's biggets weakness.

Inability to make a point..... Fred's biggest weakness.

Why are you so concerned with EVERYONE Fred?  It doesn't take everyone to do these things.  I have said it repeatedly, I am not concerned about whether the minimum wage increases or not.  Hell, make it $100 an hour if you wish, however increasing the minimum wage will have consequence.  The reason it won't effect me is because I hardly spend money at the store as it is for supplies, I could care less if you wish to spend more.

Now how about we educate 30% of the population and encourage them to find ways to lower their cost of living and to take the extra money they make and pay off their debts?

The consequences of that would be beneficial to helping the economy than raising the MW. 

I use food as just 1 area that people can lower their cost, if they planted small gardens or set up aquaponics.

There are other areas, like battery operated mowers and weed eaters, this way you don't have to pay for gas.  Throw in a small solar panel and you can charge your equipment off grid.

If you only focused on YOU and not EVERYONE, and if others followed suit, the the cost of living would decrease.