Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The house that Burrow built
Anyone think with a super bowl win that we could potentially be looking at a new stadium? I think the city would vote yes if it was up for discussion. Not sure how much longer the team lease with the city is but pretty cool to think about. All the talk recently seemed to be Cincinnati Bengals moving to London after the lease is up. Maybe things are changing. Stadium with a retractable roof omg that would be awesome. Potentially hosting Super Bowls, national championships, and final fours. Incredible to think about.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:23 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Anyone think with a super bowl win that we could potentially be looking at a new stadium? I think the city would vote yes if it was up for discussion. Not sure how much longer the team lease with the city is but pretty cool to think about. All the talk recently seemed to be Cincinnati Bengals moving to London after the lease is up. Maybe things are changing. Stadium with a retractable roof omg that would be awesome. Potentially hosting Super Bowls, national championships, and final fours. Incredible to think about.

Where in the world are you getting this from?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where in the world are you getting this from?

Just small talk around the league of potential London franchise. Mentioned potential teams and you had to consider the Bengals and teams like Jacksonville based on attendance. Plus lease with city ending.
Reply/Quote
Bengals aren't leaving Cincinnati.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well the current lease agreement will go through to 2025 season, but I'm sure folks much smarter than me on real estate law could break it prior.

The Bengals are most likely the hottest commodity in the NFL and many cities would pay through the nose to have them.

It's ironic because before the season started some "realists" suggested no city would want the Bengals.

EDIT: Here's the thread I was referencing:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Would-you-help-the-Bengals-build-a-new-stadium?highlight=san+antonio
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:28 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Just small talk around the league of potential London franchise. Mentioned potential teams and you had to consider the Bengals and teams like Jacksonville based on attendance. Plus lease with city ending.

Media garbage stirred up by garbage media.

The Bengals don't need a new stadium. PBS is perfectly fine for another 20-30 years with a major renovation.  And we don't need a dome. It would be nice if more of the seating were covered and the upper and lower concourses were enclosed.

They've started a study to see exactly what kind of renovations are possible.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/27/nfl-stadiums-what-should-cincinnati-do-paul-brown-stadium/2142787001/
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/10/bengals-hamilton-county-pay-architect-determine-need-paul-brown-stadium/5769068002/

What would be great would be if the excitement led to some local sponsors and developers willing to help pay for a practice facility next door.
Reply/Quote
Jesus it’s younger than Riverfront was. Maybe a makeover or something. If you win you sell all the tickets regardless of the stadium.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:35 AM)Roland Wrote: Media garbage stirred up by garbage media.

The Bengals don't need a new stadium. PBS is perfectly fine for another 20-30 years with a major renovation.  And we don't need a dome. It would be nice if more of the seating were covered and the upper and lower concourses were enclosed.

They've started a study to see exactly what kind of renovations are possible.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/27/nfl-stadiums-what-should-cincinnati-do-paul-brown-stadium/2142787001/
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/10/bengals-hamilton-county-pay-architect-determine-need-paul-brown-stadium/5769068002/

What would be great would be if the excitement led to some local sponsors and developers willing to help pay for a practice facility next door.

Where? I think the closest they can get to the stadium would be across the river, which isn't a bad idea.
Reply/Quote
Make a stadium where the spectators can make noise by stomping their feet or have an audio roar button by their seat.
Reply/Quote
TAKE MY MONEY (I don't live in Hamilton so lmao)
Reply/Quote
Baby steps. Maybe an indoor practice facility first... Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus it’s younger than Riverfront was. Maybe a makeover or something.  If you win you sell all the tickets regardless of the stadium.
They've made some upgrades over the last couple years. I personally don't think its as bad as some say. We could have sewage water falling on us during games. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Maybe those responsible should get some hints from the stadium where the Bengals just pulled off one of their greatest victories ever, Arrowhead. It opened only two years after Riverfront. Even at 50, it's considered one of the best venues in the NFL. The only major renovation was a club-level addition on one side that also opened some extra press areas. Yes, there's more tailgating area in the parking lots surrounding the sports complex in K.C., but another poster's idea of a practice facility across the river and maybe more parking there could greatly help this, and it would also help with game-day traffic.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:23 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Anyone think with a super bowl win that we could potentially be looking at a new stadium?  I think the city would vote yes if it was up for discussion. Not sure how much longer the team lease with the city is but pretty cool to think about. All the talk recently seemed to be Cincinnati Bengals moving to London after the lease is up. Maybe things are changing. Stadium with a retractable roof omg that would be awesome. Potentially hosting Super Bowls, national championships, and final fours. Incredible to think about.

That was some rumor years ago that had no proof to it. Just speculation. I believe the Jags were more involved in that rumor mill more than any other team. We're not moving anywhere. 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 09:41 AM)STR1PES Wrote: Baby steps.  Maybe an indoor practice facility first...  Big Grin

Didn't need an indoor facility to get where we're at. I feel like it would be a nice luxury though. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:23 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Anyone think with a super bowl win that we could potentially be looking at a new stadium?  I think the city would vote yes if it was up for discussion. Not sure how much longer the team lease with the city is but pretty cool to think about. All the talk recently seemed to be Cincinnati Bengals moving to London after the lease is up. Maybe things are changing. Stadium with a retractable roof omg that would be awesome. Potentially hosting Super Bowls, national championships, and final fours. Incredible to think about.

This is a legitimate question.  The Bengals aren't likely to leave Cincy, especially for London.  The NFL realized they made a mistake giving a team to Jacksonville and they were rumored the most to London.  

Nonetheless, a new stadium is a realistic question.  I think PBS cost around $440 million.  That is chump change compared to most newer arenas.  

I don't think it will happen very soon, but I could see a push being made in a couple years to start drawing up funding.  I hope this time around they make a dome.  It could be open at one end like Lucas Oil, or even retractable, but that seems like such a massive added expense...plus repairs.  I would hope for a stadium like Lucas Oil and then they could have SO MANY MORE events like concerts, college games, etc.  

I don't live in that county and people get so up in arms over something that likely cost them around $200 per person.  I would gladly take a tax hike for a new stadium.  They could practice in it as well, eliminating the need for a new practice facility.  

I would love to see a 60,000 seat stadium with state of the art facilities attached.  I won't hold my breath, but Joe Burrow is going to absolutely make this franchise enough money to afford it.  
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a legitimate question.  The Bengals aren't likely to leave Cincy, especially for London.  The NFL realized they made a mistake giving a team to Jacksonville and they were rumored the most to London.  

Nonetheless, a new stadium is a realistic question.  I think PBS cost around $440 million.  That is chump change compared to most newer arenas.  

I don't think it will happen very soon, but I could see a push being made in a couple years to start drawing up funding.  I hope this time around they make a dome.  It could be open at one end like Lucas Oil, or even retractable, but that seems like such a massive added expense...plus repairs.  I would hope for a stadium like Lucas Oil and then they could have SO MANY MORE events like concerts, college games, etc.  

I don't live in that county and people get so up in arms over something that likely cost them around $200 per person.  I would gladly take a tax hike for a new stadium.  They could practice in it as well, eliminating the need for a new practice facility.  

I would love to see a 60,000 seat stadium with state of the art facilities attached.  I won't hold my breath, but Joe Burrow is going to absolutely make this franchise enough money to afford it.  

Without the falling roof bolts...
Reply/Quote
There will not be a new stadium anytime soon, but expect a couple hundred million to be put into PBS for renovations in the coming years.

It will be a lot closer to 2050 before they build a new one.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where in the world are you getting this from?

Yeah, that is way of the mark. My mail is they are moving to Sydney, Australia.
Reply/Quote
Could the browns sell a Superbowl caliber team? Sure.
Will they? I'd be super duper surprised.

This is a family that made their livelihood off of the NFL. Could they take a huge paycheck and cash out? Sure. But why would they when they can take a huge paycheck and stay in?
Reply/Quote