Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The irony of the Dalton injury
I've seen a number of angry comments about how the Steelers were out for blood, and they clearly were. Unfortunately Andy's injury was 100% self-inflicted, started with that terrible INT.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
You never miss a chance to rag on the team, do you?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:07 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: You never miss a chance to rag on the team, do you?

I'm ragging on the ding dongs on this board that are trying to blame the Steelers for Andy's busted thumb.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I remember when the same thing happened to Cutler in 2011...threw a pick, made the tackle, thumb injury, out for season. I had a bad feeling when I saw it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's over with time to support AJ and hope to god he's the next Brady
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:19 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: It's over with time to support AJ and hope to god he's the next Brady

Let's just hope he's the next Andy Dalton, for starters. 
Reply/Quote
but you gotta admit it was a really great tackle
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:45 AM)bonesaw Wrote: but you gotta admit it was a really great tackle

A better tackle would be one where you don't break your thumb 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:14 AM)Utts Wrote: I'm ragging on the ding dongs on this board that are trying to blame the Steelers for Andy's busted thumb.

I haven't seen anyone blame the Steelers for ANDY'S injury. If they did. They are ignorant. 
Reply/Quote
It was a freak injury on a fluke play - part of the game. Eifert was the one that was deliberate by Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
Not a single person talked about the Dalton injury being "out for blood".

You just wanted to make a Dalton thread and attempt to bash him.

Troll harder next time. ThumbsUp
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
we can still blame them for Eifert's concussion...Mitchell got flagged on that play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
How about the irony of every pundit who formerly claimed Dalton would hold back the Bengals from winning in the postseason who now claim the Bengals have no chance to succeed in the postseason without him?
Reply/Quote
The better irony is the pundits will have an excuse for the Bengals going one and out in the playoffs, which will give the pressure relief of winning a playoff game. Totally ironic since Dalton has been trying for years and AJ will probably get one.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The unfortunate thing is no matter what the questions of if Dalton can win a playoff game will continue for another year. So next season they will turn their nose up to any success the Bengals have with him at qb, and "wait until January". Questions about Dalton will last until January of 2017 unfortunately.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:22 AM)pally Wrote: we can still blame them for Eifert's concussion...Mitchell got flagged on that play

He should get suspended.
Reply/Quote
Mitchell shouldn't be suspended. He was flagged. They hit harder and did more damage then any Bengals player did to them (did any of them even get nicked up outside of friendly fire). Bengals players just pushed and shoved and wildly swung. But no hard brutal hits. Just acted like little kids getting bullied in the school yard and attempting to fight back while waiting to be saved by the principle, with Burfict adding his usual drama having to leave "injured" after ever snap (I don't mind his play, but the theatrics of him leaving "injured" after every snap are getting lame.

The true irony is Marvin and staff is spared (if they weren't already) for another one and done playoff performance. Brace yourself for the same script in 2016.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:02 PM)Earendil Wrote: He should get suspended.

He won't...he likely won't even get fined.  He will, however, get a second contract with pissburgh as that is what they want.  

If that hit was on a NFL golden boy like Gronk, however, they would hang him from the highest tree.  Just like Palmer's knee targeting vs. Brady's.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He won't...he likely won't even get fined.  He will, however, get a second contract with pissburgh as that is what they want.  

If that hit was on a NFL golden boy like Gronk, however, they would hang him from the highest tree.  Just like Palmer's knee targeting vs. Brady's.

The double standards in the NFL are ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:04 AM)Utts Wrote: I've seen a number of angry comments about how the Steelers were out for blood, and they clearly were. Unfortunately Andy's injury was 100% self-inflicted, started with that terrible INT.

I get what you're saying even if no one else does. You're talking about irony here. Some don't understand the meaning of the word. :snark:
Reply/Quote