Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The irony of the Dalton injury
(12-14-2015, 12:04 AM)Utts Wrote: I've seen a number of angry comments about how the Steelers were out for blood, and they clearly were. Unfortunately Andy's injury was 100% self-inflicted, started with that terrible INT.

I understand as well what you meant and yes, that pass was just terrible.  I'm not sure if we win that game with Dalton in the game even though the Steelers really didn't play that great (especially the offense) if you ask me.

(12-14-2015, 12:34 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I get what you're saying even if no one else does. You're talking about irony here. Some don't understand the meaning of the word. :snark:

What's ironic is those who bagged on McCarron on these boards will actually have to support him now as the Bengals are not done yet no matter what anyone says.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:22 AM)pally Wrote: we can still blame them for Eifert's concussion...Mitchell got flagged on that play

Mitchell should be fired and out of the league for that play. Dirty freaking Stealers. The shit they get away with, save for a penalty, is ridiculous.

Cry
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:07 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: What's ironic is those who bagged on McCarron on these boards will actually have to support him now as the Bengals are not done yet no matter what anyone says.

Agreed. The 49ers and Ravens shouldn't be a problem. Broncos are a different story with their defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mitchell shouldn't be suspended. He was flagged. They hit harder and did more damage then any Bengals player did to them (did any of them even get nicked up outside of friendly fire). Bengals players just pushed and shoved and wildly swung. But no hard brutal hits. Just acted like little kids getting bullied in the school yard and attempting to fight back while waiting to be saved by the principle, with Burfict adding his usual drama having to leave "injured" after ever snap (I don't mind his play, but the theatrics of him leaving "injured" after every snap are getting lame.

The true irony is Marvin and staff is spared (if they weren't already) for another one and done playoff performance. Brace yourself for the same script in 2016.

That's the way I saw it.  Have the Steelers always played on the dirty side?   Yes.  Did they whine o the field?  No (though they whine and threaten plenty on twitter).

Bengals need to amp it up on the field - and not by throwing punches and yelling.

I will say that I thought that the heat improved the play of AJ Green and Kirkpatrick. 

And Burfict left because he was told to leave.  The scarry thing is how many head injuries he is taking.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:21 PM)3wt Wrote: That's the way I saw it.  Have the Steelers always played on the dirty side?   Yes.  Did they whine o the field?  No (though they whine and threaten plenty on twitter).

Bengals need to amp it up on the field - and not by throwing punches and yelling.

I will say that I thought that the heat improved the play of AJ Green and Kirkpatrick. 

And Burfict left because he was told to leave.  The scarry thing is how many head injuries he is taking.

I agree, AJ Green showed up. He did what he could and looked like the best player on the field. It's too bad Dalton went out, I think he would have showed the same fire. Both of those guys, by now, have a hate for Pittsburgh just like we do. AJMC doesn't have that yet. I feel Dalton would have willed us to win that game but we will never know.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:04 AM)Utts Wrote: I've seen a number of angry comments about how the Steelers were out for blood, and they clearly were. Unfortunately Andy's injury was 100% self-inflicted, started with that terrible INT.

The irony wasn't lost on me - and I agree with the interception.  Don't know why he let go of the ball.  Tuit had to be the only guy he could see at that point.    Probably went to the well a few too many times on the shovel pass.  The Steelers were obviously waiting for it.

Heck of a tackle though.  I have really appreciated Dalton's fire and proficiency this year.   It sucks that he won't get a chance to finish this off.   He took the team right down the field.  I think we were going to win this game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:27 PM)3wt Wrote: Heck of a tackle though.  I have really appreciated Dalton's fire and proficiency this year.   It sucks that he won't get a chance to finish this off.   He took the team right down the field.  I think we were going to win this game.  

Yeah, I just didn't have that optimism about us winning yesterday even as they were on the drive to answer the Steeler's score.  Guess it stems from me never having witnessed in person this team beating the Steelers.  STH since PBS opened, and the record against them there is I believe 2-15.  And the two times they have won I wasn't there (left the '01 comeback game early due to my kid being sick and had to miss the '09 game due to work).  Saw all 15 losses, though.  Just about a buncha bullshit.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:07 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I understand as well what you meant and yes, that pass was just terrible.  I'm not sure if we win that game with Dalton in the game even though the Steelers really didn't play that great (especially the offense) if you ask me.

What's ironic is those who bagged on McCarron on these boards will actually have to support him now as the Bengals are not done yet no matter what anyone says.

I think we do win that game if Andy doesn't go down. AJ might have had a career day the way he was getting open. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts... Oh well.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
What will be irony is how people will view the playoff game.

If we win without Dalton, It's because he wasn't playing.
If we lose without Dalton, It's because he wasn't playing.

Dalton put himself in another no-win situation. He needs to come back and win this playoff game himself or it will be another year of this "can Dalton do it?" regardless of how many playoff wins we get.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, I just didn't have that optimism about us winning yesterday even as they were on the drive to answer the Steeler's score.  Guess it stems from me never having witnessed in person this team beating the Steelers.  STH since PBS opened, and the record against them there is I believe 2-15.  And the two times they have won I wasn't there (left the '01 comeback game early due to my kid being sick and had to miss the '09 game due to work).  Saw all 15 losses, though.  Just about a buncha bullshit.  

So it's YOUR fault.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The irony is it shows us who supports the team and who supports certain players. I've never seen so much jumping ship, hoping the backup fails, and "it's over" replies in my life. Some of the "veterans" on this board are starting to sound immature and trolling and are not setting a good example. 10-3 with 3 left and going to win our first playoff in decades. All is not bad.
Reply/Quote
Dude why do you keep hovering negative, going positive, then digging deep again. You're 2 faced, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:59 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dude why do you keep hovering negative, going positive, then digging deep again. You're 2 faced, lol.

Why do you cyber stalk? I don't think I've made a comment yet that you haven't replied to. You're a new booty.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:37 AM)Fresno B Wrote: The irony is it shows us who supports the team and who supports certain players. I've never seen so much jumping ship, hoping the backup fails, and "it's over" replies in my life. Some of the "veterans" on this board are starting to sound immature and trolling and are not setting a good example. 10-3 with 3 left and going to win our first playoff in decades. All is not bad.

....and yet, you don't support certain players when they're starting for THIS team....hmmmm......ironic is ironic! LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and yet, you don't support certain players when they're starting for THIS team....hmmmm......ironic is ironic! LOL

Been a Bengal supporter forever. Support each and every player,always have always will. Just because I'm not a Dalton nutsucker don't mean I don't support him. Now let me go back and see how good of a Bengal fan are you. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:59 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I haven't seen anyone blame the Steelers for ANDY'S injury. If they did. They are ignorant. 

(12-14-2015, 01:13 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not a single person talked about the Dalton injury being "out for blood".

You just wanted to make a Dalton thread and attempt to bash him.

Troll harder next time. ThumbsUp

Utts is pathetic.

Sometimes I actually feel a little sorry for him.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:33 PM)Fresno B Wrote:  Support each and every player,always have always will.

If you have "always" supported every player then why did oyu have to start a thread where you apologized for being a Dalton hater and admitted that he "shut you up"?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dalton-quiets-critics
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you have "always" supported every player then why did oyu have to start a thread where you apologized for being a Dalton hater and admitted that he "shut you up"?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dalton-quiets-critics

So do I have a deep seated jealousy or not. Youre not making sense Fred.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:33 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Been a Bengal supporter forever. Support each and every player,always have always will. Just because I'm not a Dalton nutsucker don't mean I don't support him. Now let me go back and see how good of a Bengal fan are you. Smirk
You have? Hmmmm.....I thought I remembered you as Derek Carr's girlfriend from the old board....perhaps not?

Been here since '85 brother.....mark it down. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: You have?  Hmmmm.....I thought I remembered you as Derek Carr's girlfriend from the old board....perhaps not?

Been here since '85 brother.....mark it down. ThumbsUp

So because I think Carr is a good qb I'm now his girlfriend huh? Well Andy must be balls deep in you. Hilarious
Reply/Quote