Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The jungle..
Was rocking.

The atmosphere was incredible! Loud as hell. My ears are ringing and voice is gone… what a hell of a game. Ugly at times, but awesome. What a fun team!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad you liked it. Now we have away games to deal with. That 1st seed would have been great.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:26 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Glad you liked it. Now we have away games to deal with. That 1st seed would have been great.

Yea, but it wasn’t really in play. Sucks that Joe hasn’t had a real training camp yet. Maybe his 4th year in he will
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:26 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Glad you liked it. Now we have away games to deal with. That 1st seed would have been great.

Or second
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Hubbard mentioned that he likes "going on the road with these guys".  He didn't mean it as a slight to the home crowd (which, was awesome) but that he probably feels there are fewer distractions.  
Reply/Quote
I was watching on TV. It wasn't the same energy as when the Bills came to town. Now THAT was more powerful because I actually felt that through the TV. You could feel there was going to be an epic performance by the Bengals never seen before on that Monday night and it showed on their faces and in Burrow's eyes.

Not this time around, though.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hubbard mentioned that he likes "going on the road with these guys".  He didn't mean it as a slight to the home crowd (which, was awesome) but that he probably feels there are fewer distractions.  

As Zac said, this team is built for that. I've heard several players say they enjoy road games and taking other teams souls in fron of their home crowds. A coin flip for Sunday sure would have been nice though
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As Zac said, this team is built for that. I've heard several players say they enjoy road games and taking other teams souls in fron of their home crowds. A coin flip for Sunday sure would have been nice though

Agreed, but I would have preferred a neutral site, like ATL.  I think it would have been perfect in this instance.  It would be like the Bills acknowledging the Bengals "did the right thing" and have half the stadium orange, and half blue.

Oh well, it is time to prove to the rest of the NFL that "IT IS US".  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I was watching on TV. It wasn't the same energy as when the Bills came to town. Now THAT was more powerful because I actually felt that through the TV. You could feel there was going to be an epic performance by the Bengals never seen before on that Monday night and it showed on their faces and in Burrow's eyes.

I was there both games and I respectfully disagree.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:40 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I was there both games and I respectfully disagree.

Yes, you were there. I was not. Just saying (from the TV) it felt like more energy that Monday night than there was last night. And you can bet your ass I wish I could attend ANY Bengals game(s) right now, but the job dictates my movements. I've only been able to attend two of them: 

- Jan 3 2010 when they were visiting the Jets for a game that had no playoff implications and the wind chill was 4F. L 0-37; this was not fun considering the circumstances of the weather and weight of the game for the Bengals

- Nov 11 2012 10-hour road trip with my co-worker (Giants fan, we drove instead of taking the chartered bus); he got a package through the Giants for the Westin; W 31-13; this was megafun! Even though I was with the opposing team's crowd, I got to see a traveling veteran Giants fan in action - our seats were right in front of a box; we started to occupy the box but no one else came to claim it; the lead travel Giants fan requested $10 or $20 from the group; still no one came to claim the box; 10 minutes into the game a security guard was making his rounds, the lead talked to the guard and handed him that wad of $10s and $20s and the guard left, we never saw him again. But yes, the atmosphere is different being there. And this wasn't a playoff game. I could only imagine...

Oh, and for some reason, two Jets fans was with the group - and they were there only to troll the Giants fans
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I was watching on TV. It wasn't the same energy as when the Bills came to town. Now THAT was more powerful because I actually felt that through the TV. You could feel there was going to be an epic performance by the Bengals never seen before on that Monday night and it showed on their faces and in Burrow's eyes.

Well I was there and the first TD was rocking out just like Bills game, the difference is we only got a 8 minute game.. there is going to be ups and downs in game for teams and fans.. Also there is a different feel at a playoff game, a bit more nerves since it is 1 and done unlike regular season games.. 

What im more proud of is the Jungle now is not an invasion of away team.. 

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:12 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yes, you were there. I was not. Just saying (from the TV) it felt like more energy that Monday night than there was last night. And you can bet your ass I wish I could attend ANY Bengals game(s) right now, but the job dictates my movements. I've only been able to attend two of them: 

- Jan 3 2010 when they were visiting the Jets for a game that had no playoff implications and the wind chill was 4F. L 0-37; this was not fun considering the circumstances of the weather and weight of the game for the Bengals

- Nov 11 2012 10-hour road trip with my co-worker (Giants fan, we drove instead of taking the chartered bus); he got a package through the Giants for the Westin; W 31-13; this was megafun! Even though I was with the opposing team's crowd, I got to see a traveling veteran Giants fan in action - our seats were right in front of a box; we started to occupy the box but no one else came to claim it; the lead travel Giants fan requested $10 or $20 from the group; still no one came to claim the box; 10 minutes into the game a security guard was making his rounds, the lead talked to the guard and handed him that wad of $10s and $20s and the guard left, we never saw him again. But yes, the atmosphere is different being there. And this wasn't a playoff game. I could only imagine...

Oh, and for some reason, two Jets fans was with the group - and they were there only to troll the Giants fans

You watching at home thinking mnf was rocking more is a you thing.
Reply/Quote
I hope Jacksonville beats KC so we can do it again.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm hearing the Monday Night game vs. Buffalo was better...

But honestly I don't blame the fans for yesterday... the Ravens with their long drives just sucked the fun out of everything. I'm sure the fans were more anxious than enjoying themselves.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It looked crazy when hubbard ran that touchdown back! Tiger
Reply/Quote

You can’t compare the two because they were carried by different stations. Pretty sure ESPN pumps the crowd noise through more than NBC. They also seem to show the crowd more as well. NBC seems to prefer up tight angles of players, and less of the crowd and atmosphere. I prefer ESPN’s camera and sound work myself. It definitely felt crazier for the Monday night game but that’s not something anyone who wasn’t at both games can truly judge.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:01 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I hope Jacksonville beats KC so we can do it again.

No doubt, entirely possible too. The Jags are on a roll.
Reply/Quote

I think a lot of it was the pace of the game. The Bengals seem to do a lot better when there is a fast game flow and a good pace.
That game last night was a slog. Good Lord, it seemed like there was a stoppage every 2 minutes and it made it really hard to watch.

I mean, when Apple got hurt the game went to commercial for like 7 minutes. Then they came back and the Ravens called timeout and the game
stopped for another 3 minutes for some reason. 
Not to mention the Ravens kept going on long , methodic drives that slowed the game to a crawl. The crowd had a lot of sitting around time and it sucked the energy right out of the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I was there and the first TD was rocking out just like Bills game, the difference is we only got a 8 minute game.. there is going to be ups and downs in game for teams and fans.. Also there is a different feel at a playoff game, a bit more nerves since it is 1 and done unlike regular season games.. 

What im more proud of is the Jungle now is not an invasion of away team.. 

Who Dey

Yeah, that might have been the fewest opposing fans I've ever seen there.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:40 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I was there both games and I respectfully disagree.

Me, too.  Was there for both games.  Both were loud and proud.  I don't recall if I've ever heard the Jungle crowd any louder, and I've been going since 2015.  Paycor felt like it was shaking for both games.....literally!!!!
Reply/Quote