Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The kicking battle should be over...
(08-18-2019, 12:49 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Bullock stinks the sooner the coaches know this the better off we'll be..

What's his completion percentage again?????
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 05:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What's his completion percentage again?????

Right.

Why complain about someone who actually played at a high level?

Wow we need this season to start already!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 12:49 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Bullock stinks the sooner the coaches know this the better off we'll be..

If he stinks, I guess you would agree Elliott is shit.. Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If he stinks, I guess you would agree Elliott is shit.. Hilarious

He's a crusader.  He's on a crusade to fire the kicker.  Some are on a fire the QB crusade, some are on a cut John Ross crusade.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:10 PM)McC Wrote: He's a crusader.  He's on a crusade to fire the kicker.  Some are on a fire the QB crusade, some are on a cut John Ross crusade.

Remember the Geno Atkins Ain't All That crusade back in January? Cause you know... If you take away this game, and that game, he only had like 2 sacks or something.

The internet is awesome....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:10 PM)McC Wrote: He's a crusader.  He's on a crusade to fire the kicker.  Some are on a fire the QB crusade, some are on a cut John Ross crusade.

It's like 3 losing seasons in a row makes people want to change things, or something.
Reply/Quote
Yeah we need to rebuild man like the Browns, the best team in the world.... Mellow

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's like 3 losing seasons in a row makes people want to change things, or something.

Downright kooky ain’t it?

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 05:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Believe Elliott kicked like a 62 or 63 yarder in one of those Playoff games to win it.

Could be wrong but i remember something of this sort.

Elliott kicked a 61 yard game winner in their second game of their SB season against the Giants.  They had lost their opener against the Chiefs so their season may have turned out differently if they'd started 0-2.

Elliott also scored 117 points that season, hit every field goal that he attempted in the playoffs (although he missed 2 PAT), and scored eleven points in the Super Bowl.  

Equating his contribution to that of Jeremy "Butterfingers" Hill with the Patriots is idiotic.  Hill played in one regular season game for the Patriots and scored no points before getting hurt.   He was not invited back to camp this year which gives you an idea of how the Patriots rate his contribution. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And "Fumbles" Hill has a Super Bowl ring in NE. Means nothing other than you got picked up by a great team.

Elliott did a lot more for the Eagles than Hill did for NE.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 09:43 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: We're (almost certainly) not really competing for a Super Bowl this year. I take the kid with more upside.

Super bowl, super bowl? I just hope we win another preseason game!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 02:50 AM)Roland Wrote: Elliott kicked a 61 yard game winner in their second game of their SB season against the Giants.  They had lost their opener against the Chiefs so their season may have turned out differently if they'd started 0-2.

Elliott also scored 117 points that season, hit every field goal that he attempted in the playoffs (although he missed 2 PAT), and scored eleven points in the Super Bowl.  

Equating his contribution to that of Jeremy "Butterfingers" Hill with the Patriots is idiotic.  Hill played in one regular season game for the Patriots and scored no points before getting hurt.   He was not invited back to camp this year which gives you an idea of how the Patriots rate his contribution. 

Wait! You mean Hill is a FREE AGENT now?  Someone had better get right on that new thread about getting him back in the Bengals fold before it's too late! He might get a job as a Walmart greeter or something, maybe even the Butterfinger's candybar goodwill ambassador and then it's all over.  ThumbsUp Who wouldn't want Hill over Mixon, Geo, Williams or Anderson at this point? You guys just seem to think getting the number one overall pick in the draft is just a pipe dream.. The Bengals could make it reality! Hill is the missing ingredient.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 02:50 AM)Roland Wrote: Elliott kicked a 61 yard game winner in their second game of their SB season against the Giants.  They had lost their opener against the Chiefs so their season may have turned out differently if they'd started 0-2.

I didn't equate their contributions, I just said the comment "he has a super bowl ring" means nothing. Hill's is just as nice as Elliott's. And I was pulling for Elliott when he was in competition here, he just didn't win it.  Good on him for making himself better. But to act like he won the competition here and just didn't get hired is stupid.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's like 3 losing seasons in a row makes people want to change things, or something.

Problem is, they want to change the few things that are actually working...… Bullock is currently at 82.8% for his career, making him the 21st most accurate kicker in NFL History, and some people actually want to throw him away for a kicker who made on long kick and missed on short one, plus an x-point? Seriously???
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 09:19 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Bullock should not win the kicking job this year..Truth is he's an average kicker at best,and it's time for us to have a true weapon in the kicking game...

the 57 yarder was nice but why the wide miss on the easier kick?
Reply/Quote
You should never rely on a kicker. Even if you think you have the best kicker in the NFL. They will eventually flop when it counts.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:59 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You should never rely on a kicker. Even if you think you have the best kicker in the NFL. They will eventually flop when it counts.

So you’re suggesting team’s never attempt a FG in big situations?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you’re suggesting team’s never attempt a FG in big situations?

"The Bengals are down by 2. There's 3 seconds left in the game. They are on the 20 yard line. THE OFFENSE IS LINING UP TO RUN ANOTHER PLAY!!! WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!?!"  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:59 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You should never rely on a kicker. Even if you think you have the best kicker in the NFL. They will eventually flop when it counts.

This guy says "Hi"

[Image: th?id=OIP.18SDEYLrRhhoo9nhbtY_JAHaFB&pid...=251&h=171]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Kickers, punters, and long snappers are unappreciated until you don't have them.  Try winning a game without one.  Remember when Antonio Brown broke Kevin Huber's jaw?  We were reminded how important a punter is. 
Reply/Quote